Camera Lock

Hi,

I'm trying to make the camera move. I made two bickering goblins in a cave and I want the camera to move to them when you get near them. So I made an invisible NPC which locks the camera and moves to the goblins. And when "target reached" the goblins start talking. But when I walk to the place where it's supposed to happen, nothing happens. It doens't even move the camera. Has anyone done this before and know what I'm supposed to do?

Thanks.

I placed a locked camera in an animation of a white square. So when the Player steps on the event, the animation is placed through stamp control. Lock is the first frame. Unlock is the last frame. It works nicely. Hope this helps.

Actually, that doesn't seem to work either. <_<

Am I supposed to animate the white frame (move it around a bit)? All I did now was lock the camera.

Yes, animate the white frame. You know where you'll place the event on the map and you know where the two NPCs are that are bickering. The animation editor lets you be very specific in pixels how to animate. You can figure out the pixels by taking the pixels of each movement tile, adding them up, and determining where you want the camera to go, and how to get there.

It's work, but I find that this kind of work reaps lots of rewards. My rat game is made with such precise animation.

My movement tiles are 30 x 30. That means that each movement tile square has 30 pixels high and 30 pixels wide. My rats move every 10 pixels, so there's 3 frames of rat for each movement tile.

So i guess that Coldstone isn't for lazy people...?
Then I'm out...

That seems to work just fine! 😄

Thanks, looks really nice now.

darkpear, on Jan 4 2006, 09:53 PM, said:

So i guess that Coldstone isn't for lazy people...?
View Post

That depends on what you want to do, of course. You don't have to move the camera around. 😛

You might want to consider also freezing and defreezing the Player during the camera movement (engine call). That way, the Player can't move at all, so after the camera movement it goes right back to where the Player was when it started.

Good idea, I'll do that.