Maps Galore

Thanks, guys!

:wub:

Debra, those pictures are very good. I let your site flip through the entie collection. 3 years is a long time to work on a game and still have a way to go. Don't you worry that there won't ever be an update to Coldstone and all your work will be for nothing? If there's never any update, by the time you get finished, nobody will be able to play it.

The thing is, nobody of Ambrosia authority has ever said that there will never be an update to Coldstone. Furthermore, my game will work on anything except mac OS10 and above. I do not believe that the Ambrosia people are idiots, but rather good, intelligent business people: and they have something really, really good in Coldstone. It has taken a lot of time for them to work on all the things they need to work on and beta test and release and still work on Coldstone which is a product they did not make in the first place. And, as you know, when you don't make something like this, it takes a very long time to fix because of the learning curve. I guess that because I understand this and because my work on my game is not futile even if there isn't an update, I've continued to plod on.

The several learning curves have taken up a tremendous amount of time. I have just recently FINALLY figured out a template to make NPC people characters with Poser. The difference that I can see between mine and what's in the Coldstone folder are their boots are different, and they anti-aliased their characters. I don't want to anti-alias because I don't want to deal with the white glow. But perhaps I'll find the way to do that, too, easily enough (the faces look better when the character is anti-aliased). Meanwhile, I'm making characters.

Thanks for your concern!!

Are you going to market your game, or are you going to have Ambrosia market it for you some how? 😉

This post has been edited by Two Jacks : 15 November 2005 - 02:58 AM

It's too early to know yet. If it turns out that Ambrosia is interested, then probably. But Ambrosia would need to see the finished game if they're interested in seeing it after it's been beta tested. I do have some plans if that first choice isn't feasible. After all, the hack and slash games seem to sell, and that's what companies want - to make money. I'm deviating from that, so nobody may be interested. But I'm still not worried about it.

Thats great! I love your original graphics, but with all the pog stuff in there it looks....... well, sort of "Non Pro" like you are trying to make a good game without doing a lot of work. I'm sure when the hero and most of your characters are original it will look a ton better, but I might try for new ground tiles and cliffs, if you could do that without messing up your maps. Also the perspective inside rooms look bad with the orthographic ground tiles. If you are trying for realism, I would maybe not have trees with red, yellow and green leaves all on the same map. One small thing: your corn field looks kinda bad because all the corn plants are the same. Rotate the corn a few times and get some new renders.

Overall great job. If ambrosia ever fixes Coldstone you will have a great game.

If you could get a osx one working, maybe you could submit it to the OMG (Original Mac Games) contest.

Oh gosh. Thanks a lot. The "trying to make a good game without doing a lot of work" was my favorite.

:rolleyes: