Sound advice

That's what I need

I have a sound file which is in .WAV format. I want to get it into .AIFF so I can use it with Coldstone. I've tried SoundApp and that won't convert it. I can't use Wire Tap Pro because I don't have OS X. Any ideas? I'm sure some of you have the capability of doing this. Can I bribe you with a credit on the Readme page? 🙂 ~RD

I just make like editing the name and change the extension

That won't work. I can do it for you, if you wish. You can do it yourself, too. Sound Studio should work on os 9. Just open it with sound studio, save it as aiff, then convert it to the correct compression in soundapp. If the link doesn't get you the os 9 version, go to their website. I'm sure they have an old version there.

I use Sound Studio also AND SoundApp. I take a wav or whatever and convert it to aiff. BUT I find I also need to convert THAT with SoundApp. On the very last page of the Coldstone manual, you'll find the specs to convert with SoundApp. But I find that for it to work right, use SoundApp as your last step. Then you'll have to add the .aiff tag.

I like Sound Studio, even though it cost something. I can change the volume and edit. I took a long time to find something that worked for me, and the two together does.

Thanks for the sound advice. I think I've got it now. The converted file didn't play in the game until I added the .aiff tag. 😄

I believe you can also use iTunes, though it's a bit clumsy. It's Apple, though, so very reliable, and free. 🙂

Rubber Ducky, on Jun 18 2005, 10:08 PM, said:

The converted file didn't play in the game until I added the .aiff tag.
View Post

smirk

Rubber Ducky, on Jun 18 2005, 09:07 PM, said:

I have a sound file which is in .WAV format. I want to get it into .AIFF so I can use it with Coldstone. I've tried SoundApp and that won't convert it. I can't use Wire Tap Pro because I don't have OS X. Any ideas? I'm sure some of you have the capability of doing this. Can I bribe you with a credit on the Readme page? 🙂 ~RD
View Post

PlayerPro 5.9.8 is a free blessing for anyone that wants or uses music...

I can send it to you if you wish but it is a 4.3 Mb file! Listed here are it's features:

Minimum system requirements:
- MacOS 8.6 or higher (MacOS 9 or X recommended)
- Any PowerPC Mac
- 32 Mb of RAM

Welcome to all PlayerPRO users & Mac lovers!

Description

PlayerPRO is a complete music editing program (SoundTracker). You can use it with any Mac without any additional hardware. PlayerPRO can load and play the following music (and sound) formats:

MOD, S3M, MIDI, MTM, MADH, MADG, MADI, MADK, OKTA, MINS, XI, PP, Clip File, MED, 669, IT, ULT, XM System 7 sound, WAV, AIFF, AIFC, SoundDesignerII, MPEG, MP3, MuLaw, ALaw, AVI, DVC, Quicktime Movies, MAC3, MAC6, IMA4, MPEG layer I, II and III (requires QT 4.0), PAT (GUS), QDesign, RAW Data.

It can export to AIFF, MPEG4, MOD, SM3 OR XM...

Skip

Skip, that "sounds" great for myself and others. Do you know of a download address?

Rubber Ducky, on Jun 24 2005, 10:25 AM, said:

Skip, that "sounds" great for myself and others. Do you know of a download address?
View Post

Here it is but use the first download link, not download site 2:

http://www.macupdate...nfo.php/id/5021

There is also a link to the source code here...

Skip

Rubber Ducky, on Jun 24 2005, 10:25 AM, said:

View Post

Eew, puns... 😉

You must use Sound Converter. It's perfect for this works. It can transform everything in AIFF.

I hope that helps

The Lord of Storms