Cinematics

Hi,

Does anyone know of a good movie editing program? Freeware would be nice. Doesn't need millions of features, all I want is to add sounds and music.

Thanks.

Ledorax, on Jun 21 2005, 07:05 PM, said:

Hi,

Does anyone know of a good movie editing program? Freeware would be nice. Doesn't need millions of features, all I want is to add sounds and music.

Thanks.
View Post

Depending on how old your computer is, it most likely came with iMovie. Now from what I recall, I believe you have an iMac. The newer G3 imacs came with iMovie, I had it on my old 600 MHZ imac. Check to see if you have it.

You're absolutely right. I do have an iMac, but it's a G4 and I haven't found iMovie on it, no. 😞 Any other ideas, anyone?

Every single iMac shipped since 2001 has had a version of iMovie installed on it, or included in the attached software. Have a hunt for your computer's installer disks - you're using a MacOSX machine, yes? Find your Software Install disks, and put in disk two (from memory) if it's a CD, not a DVD install. The iMovie package should be on the second system disk (DVD installers should be all on the one disk, if this is the case, boot off the DVD, and do a custom install to just install iMovie).

It could be elsewhere, of course - but for a computer installer disk, that's where Apple has tended to put them. ^_^

-Andiyar

Oh, I do have it, hehe. It just wasn't in my applications folder <_< . I'll try it, thanks people.