Luck

Does anyone know what the Luck statistic affects? Apprecieted.

OgreBob, on Feb 6 2005, 12:45 AM, said:

Does anyone know what the Luck statistic affects? Apprecieted.
View Post

According to my research, luck does two things:

An increase in luck increases the chances of an enemy dropping more stuff when he dies if you have set a chance factor on the creature's death event. There seems to be a debate over whether or not the quality of the items dropped improves. I think it does not, as there is no way for the engine to rate quality as far as I can see. Luck also increases the amount of gold (or whatever) found in chests, potholes, etc. if a chance factor has been built into that item. If you pre-determine the items which are in said chest, luck will have no effect.

According to the Coldstone manual, "When a character strikes his opponent, the engine picks a random number between 0 and 100. If this number is less than or equal to the attacker's luck, it will make a critical hit (the target character's armor is useless)."

From the all-mighty manual of coldstone:

Luck

When a character strikes his opponent, the engine picks a random number between zero and one hundred. If the roll is less than or equal to the attacker's luck, the character will make a critical hit, which means that it bypassess the target's protection score (armour).

Well, there you have it. Good luck with whatever it is you are making!

Edit: okay, it took a while to write.

This post has been edited by Ledorax : 06 February 2005 - 07:38 AM

Humm, I suppose that most of us drop stuff when we die. My mother's uncle dropped about 3 million bucks. My mother caught some of it. On the other hand, my mother will probably drop nothing except her blessings. WE dropped my grandmother into the ground after she was cremated. Very funny story, by the way. At least, I thought it was funny, my brother John thought it was funny. My mother was very afraid that my other brother, David, would NOT see it as funny and freak out if he saw me try to use her ashes (with bits of bone) as a percussion instrument.

Okay, okay, back to my game.