Houses

Does anybody know any good programs, (lol, free or somewhere around 20 dollars) for making houses etc. because i have been slowed down by this so much, i just want to do it myself and get on with my game.

No.

oh, i have photoshop

This post has been edited by gamingstaff : 06 December 2004 - 03:35 PM

Depends on what kind of graphics you're going for.

PoG style would use some kind of 3D graphics program. I'm not too familiar with these, but I know they are not cheap.

Other, more 2D oriented styles could be made using any kind of graphics program. Photoshop is the program of choice, but again, it isn't cheap. You can make houses with pretty much any program with painting abilities.

wait, well how do you make a house in photoshop....maybe i want 2D o_0

Agent_Vast, on Dec 6 2004, 09:33 PM, said:

No.
View Post

Please don't post a message if you don't have anything to say. I assume it was just to boost post count. But if you can't answer the question, it's much more polite (and easier) just not to answer.

It all depends on the style you're going for.

I think that Cinema 4D 6CE is free in the October issue of 3D World Magazine (I think). It's being sent to me and I plan to try it out specifically for making houses. The resolution window is 400 x 600, but that shouldn't be a problem for the smaller stuff.

nice, do you know where i could get this mag. of october?

Wings3D. Cross-platform, open source, easy to use, and getting better every day.

www.wings3d.com. Make textures in photoshop and enjoy!

gamingstaff, on Dec 6 2004, 05:35 PM, said:

nice, do you know where i could get this mag. of october?
View Post

Perhaps in a bookstore.

(I'm TRYING not to s######! Honest! This IS the best answer I can come up with!)

uh huh <_< lol, jk, its all good :), i just wondered if you ordered it online or not, and as for wings3D, does it come with a tutorial on how to use it 😛

No. I posted on Just Graphics, and ended up emailing someone. He's sending it to me, since it's free. No ordering online.

:wub:

You can draw a house in any painting program you have, even apple works will work. The problem is any in program you get, you most likly will have to draw the house your self. Or at least most of it...

Agent_Vast, on Dec 6 2004, 09:33 PM, said:

No.
View Post

Who posted that?

I thought you meant quick and cheap programs like PlanetForge is for planets.

Agent_Vast, on Dec 7 2004, 06:55 PM, said:

Who posted that?

View Post

Schitzophrenia?

Anyway, as has already been said, any painting program will work fine. I'm sure you can find some tutorials on the net too. If you look at some screenshots from other games, you can get some ideas...

yeah, i guess i could draw it, but i mean that would be extremely hard..... :blink:

This post has been edited by gamingstaff : 07 December 2004 - 02:47 PM

Agent_Vast, on Dec 7 2004, 02:55 PM, said:

Who posted that?
View Post

Don't worry about it, dear. Webboards aren't perfect communication mediums.

Of course, I'm inclined to say, "No. no. no. Which word do you not understand?" But, then, I'm feeling bratty today.