Plugin Release: Aftermath 1.0.0

Well, I have completed my latest plugin. Aftermath continues where Ares left off, and includes 6 new missions and a new ship. It should be available from the Ares addons page shortly, and can also be downloaded here : (dead)

Comments and suggestions for a future release are welcome!

EDIT: 1.2.0 is available now from : (dead)
(This message has been edited by Patrick (edited 01-16-2001).)

(This message has been edited by Patrick (edited 01-19-2001).)

(This message has been edited by Patrick (edited 01-21-2001).)

This post has been edited by Patrick : 25 September 2007 - 02:51 PM

whatever, with 6 missions i think ill have a review for it in no time at all 😛

------------------
just take my post, and imagine everything is speeled right.
nickel count: 9

:wonders if the add-ons section is still Slug's territory:

------------------
I have a plan so ingenius even an idiot could have devised it. On my command, we will line up our ships and fly straight into the enemy death-cannons clogging them with wreckage.

Well, here's my rating:

Mission Briefings:

I think you need to be a bit more descriptive, and try to include more details. It's nice to not have really long briefings, but it helps to have a bit more detail.

Storyline:

It was scattered and included several implausible things, such as the UNS beating down the Gaitori easily, then only having a few ships in their entire fleet to fend off the Cantharans.

Mission Concepts:

I think that you had good ideas for new mission ideas. With some refinement, they'd be great.

Mission Difficulty:

Most missions were way too easy or too hard. There were two missions that were really great, though. Shoplifter 3 and Battle for Sol were both very good.

Overall:

With some work, this could be a very good plug.

------------------
"I think I have discovered the problem with humans. It is not entirely stupidity, as I once thought. It is their pigheaded and baseless philosophy: "If it isn't me, then it's opinions, feelings, and life do not matter, and it was meant to serve me." They also have this ability for creating excuses that are pointless, but they get others to believe it. A few examples: "It's only some savages. It's only five acres of rain forest. It's only one semi-truck. It's only fifty gallons of toxic waste..." After this realization, I marvelled at how humans, and the rest of the planet, have survived for so very long."
- Me

Um, for some reason, beta6 crashes every time I kill the first three Cantharan ships in mission 1.

My rating: 0. Anything that crashes, fails.

------------------
William Darkk, head of the Darkklight Entrepenurial Federation
"Strategic warfare" is code for "killing civilians", and it's my calling. Yeah, it's barbaric. War's supposed to be.

Originally posted by Fleet Admiral Darkk:
**Um, for some reason, beta6 crashes every time I kill the first three Cantharan ships in mission 1.

My rating: 0. Anything that crashes, fails.

I found the problem that causes this. I'm working on an update that will fix this bug and add several more levels with you fighting against the Gaitori Confederation. The problems in the plot will also be addressed. Look for it sometime this weekend. For now a version with just the bugfix will be available here: (dead)

This post has been edited by Patrick : 25 September 2007 - 02:51 PM

I've also uploaded the fixed version to the Ares addons page, so it should be there in a day or two.

------------------

OK, I've completed version 1.1.0.
Changes include:
fix for that bug on level 1
Battle for Athena made easier
Assassin 2 made harder
2 new levels added: Target: Gaitor, and Into the Asteriods
Added many prologues, epilogues that explain why you are attacking Athena, Gaitor and why there were so few ships in Battle for Sol

It can be downloaded from (dead)

------------------

This post has been edited by Patrick : 25 September 2007 - 02:52 PM

And guess what?
When I drag the file to Stuffit Expander, NOTHING HAPPENS.

Fun fun fun...

------------------
Never fly in front when attacking a Jjaro ship. -Me

Originally posted by Fleet Admiral Darkk:
**And guess what?
When I drag the file to Stuffit Expander, NOTHING HAPPENS.

Fun fun fun...

It unstuffs fine on my computer. What version of Stuffit Expander do you have?

------------------

Damnit! One of the missions in MY scenario was going to be entitled Battle for Sol! Now I need to think up another cool name. 🙂
Anyway, I'll test your plug as soon as I get home. 😄

------------------
We don't go to hell,
memories of us do.
And if you go to hell,
I'll still remember you.

It won't unstuff on my comp either.

------------------
"I think I have discovered the problem with humans. It is not entirely stupidity, as I once thought. It is their pigheaded and baseless philosophy: "If it isn't me, then it's opinions, feelings, and life do not matter, and it was meant to serve me." They also have this ability for creating excuses that are pointless, but they get others to believe it. A few examples: "It's only some savages. It's only five acres of rain forest. It's only one semi-truck. It's only fifty gallons of toxic waste..." After this realization, I marvelled at how humans, and the rest of the planet, have survived for so very long."
- Me

Ok try just the .sit file: (dead)

------------------

That one works for me.

The plot could still stand much improvement. Try making the prologues and epilogues more descriptive. The mission briefings, too. As far as the new levels go, the first one was fun to start out with because of all the Gaitori ships attacking you, but it gets really easy after that, and the power stations get taken out without you having to do anything. The other new level has a really great idea behind it, although my forces die on that level very fast. Again, with some modifications, this could be a great plug.

------------------
- Me

1.2.0 is now out: (dead)

fixes/enhancements include:
1. Target: Gaitor is now harder. A very very large fleet of Gaitori ships attack you(several minutes into the scenario)and the Isolationist-controled power stations now have Bunker Stations protecting them.
2. Into the Asteriods is easier. A large force of UNS crusiers now backs up the original force.
3. Additions/changes to the briefings/prologues/epilogues

------------------