Chap. 20

Well I splattered the jump gate ship all over the place but I'm having some trouble with the Canatharan carriers (aka they're splattering me all over the place). Any suggestions on how I can beat them?

------------------
Coming Soon: MIRV Corp./Dendari Mercenaries Plug

Warp through the asteroid belt.

------------------
"Oi, oi, oi, me got a hurt n here
Oi, oi, oi, me smell a ting is near
Me gonna bosh and me gonna nosh
An da hurt'll dissapear"

...and make sure to hit every green asteroid on the way! 😄

😉

------------------
"I'm a controversial figure. My friends either dislike me or hate me."

Or you could do what I do and shoot them down (running circles around them)

------------------
If our military is so much better than theirs, then why don't we ever use it?

Yes, but it's actually a bit harder. I've tried both ways. I prefer warping through the asteroid belt. It's fun. And if you hit a green asteroid and get annihilated, don't worry. You get to be the first person in a spacesuit to go to warp!!

------------------
To Escape Velocity: Nova and Beyond!
--------------
Millennium. Its coming, prepare for it.
Coming to the (url="http://"http://www.ambrosiaSW.com/games/ev/chronicles.html")EV Chronicles(/url).

I've only beaten Level 20 once (I couldn't even try again if I wanted; there are bugs and aresbugs@ambrosiasw.com never responds) and I used the asteroid method. Still hard though. However, once you've gotten rid of the carriers using the asteroids, the fighters should be no problem.

------------------
--Joolzman5, that guy with the red spikey hair whose presence never fails to suddenly kill Mag Steelglass

I'm suddenly reminded of the good old days when I first discovered EV.
To beat the carriers: grab a a lock, or a propperly-sized roll of quarters. Place it on the key that fires the onas pulse. Fly around near the carriers, occasionally pointing at them. It's so easy, it's funny. It's a wonderful relief after all the rest (the last 2 levels aren't that hard, in retrospect; the hardest part of 20 for me is not ramming the asteroids as they come towards you).

------------------
William Darkk, head of the Darkklight Entrepenurial Federation
Your cargo or your life!!!

Here's my favorite tactic for level 20:

Grab an asteroid, push it towards the gateship.

Stop it.

Watch the gateship flail and attempt to push away the nastiroid, while remaining a couple centimeters further away. Pound the gateship down the whole way with the Onas pulse and the Newo beam. I think I've only done this once. It requires a lot of patience.

------------------
-Pallas Athene of Dysian Beta, Obish Consensus Representative
-Nieru Dast, {M}ilitia Aeriane
-Danae Vernius
ThinkFish, and good things will come.

Originally posted by Fleet Admiral Darkk:
**I'm suddenly reminded of the good old days when I first discovered EV. (snip) It's a wonderful relief after all the rest (the last 2 levels aren't that hard, in retrospect; the hardest part of 20 for me is not ramming the asteroids as they come towards you).

Don't you mean when you first discovered Ares? :rolleyes:

And, yes, I found levels 18 and 19 easy though 20 fairly hard... the asteroids kept killing me....

------------------
--Joolzman5, that guy with the red spikey hair whose presence never fails to suddenly kill Mag Steelglass

Originally posted by Joolzman5:
**Don't you mean when you first discovered Ares?:rolleyes:

The roll of quarters is an EV trick. I'd be crazy to do that with most Ares ships. The person who came up with it sent a letter that was in some old Ambrosia Times. Go check the archives.

------------------
William Darkk, head of the Darkklight Entrepenurial Federation
Yes, I hate Cantharans. Does the trophy on the wall make it too obvious?