ONI demo is out!

Last night on GameRanger, it was announced that the ONI demo has finally been released. You can get it (url="http://"http://www.fileplanet.com/index.asp?file=53720")here(/url)!

------------------
If our military is so much better than theirs, then why don't we ever use it?

I would say that this is an inappropriate topic for this board, but...

I'm too busy downloading Oni. 🆒

------------------
Sundered Angel ,
The One and Only
Ares Webboard Moderator, and all-around Nice Guy

yeah, trash talk would probably be a more approprate place.

I don't ever read trash talk, this is the first board I check every morning....

Oh thank you, Slug. You'll get no condemnation from me whatsoever! I have been waiting for this day for so long...

Let's see... if my supervisors catch me, what can I say I was doing OTHER than playing games... Benchmarking, perhaps? 😉 I think it's worth a shot.

------------------
"In times of stress, be bold and valiant". -Horace

Well then you should, trash talk rules over briefing room!

Good, I was getting worried that Oni demo would only be PC... ets hope my old comp can run it.

------------------
"Just because I'm evil doesn't mean I'm not nice."
--Charlie Fulton

It's pretty good, so far.

------------------
"Oi, oi, oi, me got a hurt n here
Oi, oi, oi, me smell a ting is near
Me gonna bosh and me gonna nosh
An da hurt'll dissapear"

(rant=delusional)
d---it d---it d---it d---it d---it d---it d---it d---it d---it d---it d---it d---it d---it d---it d---it d---it d---it d---it d---it d---it d---it d---it d---it d---it d---it d---it d---it d---it d---it d---it d---it d---it d---it d---it d---it d---it d---it d---it d---it d---it d---it d---it d---it d---it d---it d---it d---it d---it d---it d---it d---it d---it d---it d---it d---it d---it d---it d---it d---it d---it d---it d---it d---it d---it d---it

F---ing phone lines!!! ...won't let me download demo... ...will not go psycho... will not...will not...will not...will not...will not...will not...will not...will not...will not...will not...will not...will not...will not...will not...will...will...

It's not the phone company's fault. It's not the phone company's fault. It's not the phone company's fault. It's not the phone company's fault. It's not the phone company's fault. It's not the phone company's fault. It's not the phone company's fault. It's the phone company's fault!!!

Must...scream...must...rage...must...get...Oni...
(/rant)

------------------
Error: target is violating the laws of physics
Error: target is locally exceeding c
Error: unable to determine if target exists or not
Error: target cannot be hit

Just a word of warning, to avoid undue frustration when you finally do download Oni-

This game is not ambrosia. It needs 192 megs assigned to Virtual Memory, plus another 112 or so to run them game. Just in case you were thinking of playing it on something a bit too old... well, better to avoid the frustration, eh?

------------------
Sundered Angel ,
The One and Only
Ares Webboard Moderator, and all-around Nice Guy

::Hugs his big bad blue G3::

------------------

Even though Oni is old news in my opinion, I'll hope my G4 has enough space and download it anyway.

------------------
I have a plan so ingenius even an idiot could have devised it. On my command, we will line up our ships and fly straight into the enemy death-cannons clogging them with wreckage.

Originally posted by Sundered Angel:
This game is not ambrosia.

That's why my G4 has 256Megs of RAM. It might get more :D.

------------------
Error: target is violating the laws of physics
Error: target is locally exceeding c
Error: unable to determine if target exists or not
Error: target cannot be hit

I heard it has really complex controls.

------------------
For a time, i was tempted by her offer.....
How long a time?
.68 seconds sir

Not really. The changing the view with the mouse takes a bit of getting used to, but it's really simple after that.

------------------
"Oi, oi, oi, me got a hurt n here
Oi, oi, oi, me smell a ting is near
Me gonna bosh and me gonna nosh
An da hurt'll dissapear"

Once you get good with the kung fu, it's a really easy on hard.

------------------
"Just because I'm evil doesn't mean I'm not nice."
--Charlie Fulton

Hmmmm... I think I remember Oni. I saw the demo of it while at Macworld. It looked slightly cool, but I still have no inclination to download it at all.

------------------
To Escape Velocity: Nova and Beyond!
--------------
Millennium. Its coming, prepare for it.
Coming to the (url="http://"http://www.ambrosiaSW.com/games/ev/chronicles.html")EV Chronicles(/url).

That's your loss then 😛

------------------
Never put all your ranking officers in a shuttle.