Gaitori Weapons

Originally posted by Captain Carnotaur:
**However, I would have to say that I favor the Onas Pulse much more. Has longer range, and if you use that correctly you can take out 3 Audemedon carriers with just 1 Eleejetian cruiser! I mean it! Just fly around them and shoot the daylights out of them while staying far enough away to remain undamaged. Once and a while, just move away and pound the Audemedon fighters.

In theory. But this is not Escape Velocity, it's the Ares AI. Those A-Missiles will shred you, the fighters will swarm you, and it would be hard to keep away from those trazers, seeing as Audmedon Carriers move relatively quickly and there are three of 'em.

Origionally posted bu Mag Steelgas:
It's actually not instant damage. I used to think that, too, before Hera. The cuncussive pellets are actually beams, like the pk beams, except they're black.

Everyone knows that. They're not instant-hit, but seeing as they move so fast they're unavoidable, they might as well be instant-hit. As far as the ticker goes, the fire time and impact/expiration time are so close they are sometimes in the same game tick, meaning instant hit.

The reason they have such a short range is if they had longer range, the AI would be firing more often. That means more energy is used and pretty soon the Comp's Cruiser is out of energy and useless. So to make up for their lack of range, their damage way wayyy cranked up. The result: Something that'll rip carriers to shreds at close range.

------------------
Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines.
-Alduran Outlaw Rick Blazer
StarLance

**Hmmmmmmmm. The Gatori Atomic Pulse (Gatori Gunship) is pretty good. It homes, it's pretty powerful, and I bet it's a better anti-fighter weapon than most other guns.

The Inasa Pulse is VERY good and VERY deadly. Can take out carriers in five seconds. The Audemedon Gunship (which carries the rapid Inasa pulse) really rocks! I mean it! VERY deadly.

However, I would have to say that I favor the Onas Pulse much more. Has longer range **

I definitely agree on the atomic pulse. excellent weapon, very fearsome, and -- great graphics!! 😄 I think -- I haven't checked -- the Onas and Inasa pulses are exact equivalents. People have been saying here that the Inasa Pulse has a better fire rate, but the two definitely have the same range. What I love about the Onas pulse is that it takes just about no energy!! Very effective at destroying things, too

Audemedon Gunship, as I said before, absolutely kicks ass.

------------------
Jules was here

Originally posted by Slug:
**In theory. But this is not Escape Velocity, it's the Ares AI. Those A-Missiles will shred you, the fighters will swarm you, and it would be hard to keep away from those trazers, seeing as Audmedon Carriers move relatively quickly and there are three of 'em.

I don't think so. I've done it before, but at a smaller scale, only one carrier. But either way, it was easy! It was on the level you need to kill that Audemedon jump inhibitor. The only problem was that there were a bunch of Audemedon cruisers and gunships that screwed up the whole maneuver.

------------------
To Escape Velocity: Nova and Beyond!

The Gaitori might not be the elite race that most people want them to be, but if the Gaitori really stink that bad, what does that makes the humans? I have played many people over the internet who were using human ships while I stuck with Gaitori. Boy, do the humans really pay for it. I personally like the CC pellet gun. I have always had respect for machine gun-style weapons. Although I wouldn't take the Gaitori through the whole game of Ares as my race, I do like them more then ishiman. What is really fun is doing Gaitori against Gaitori multiplayer...That is when you like the pellet guns and atomic pulsers. I like the Gaitori, and like many have said, if you know how to use them, they are just as good as any other race!

------------------
Vance Valorium
----------

Posted by Mag Steelglass:
black

there grey 😉

------------------
"Who's next?"
-- Champion Maxwell Mokrev to an underling after leaping a fortress wall, killing 19 enemy SpaceMen, jumping into a tank, and crashing through all of the walls of the fortress, leaving nothing standing.
nickel count: 5

It SAYS it's grey, but it's SUPPOSED to be black, but it's REALLY invisible.

------------------
"You can get much further with kind words and a loaded gun than you can with kind words alone."
- Al Capone

Originally posted by Vance Valorium:
**The Gaitori might not be the elite race that most people want them to be, but if the Gaitori really stink that bad, what does that makes the humans? I have played many people over the internet who were using human ships while I stuck with Gaitori. Boy, do the humans really pay for it. I personally like the CC pellet gun. I have always had respect for machine gun-style weapons. Although I wouldn't take the Gaitori through the whole game of Ares as my race, I do like them more then ishiman. What is really fun is doing Gaitori against Gaitori multiplayer...That is when you like the pellet guns and atomic pulsers. I like the Gaitori, and like many have said, if you know how to use them, they are just as good as any other race!

I agree. The Gatori are better than the UNS in several respects.

1. Cruisers and Fighters: The Gatori have much better cruisers and fighters than the humans do. The Human cruiser can just barely make warp speed, and their fighters aren't to good either.

2. Carriers: The Gatori carrier is (in my opinion) slightly better than the Human carrier. The Gatori carrier is faster and carries better fighters. Although it doesn't have the turreted laser and mag pulses the UNS carrier does, it's still slightly better.

3. Guns: The Gatori have far better guns that the UNS. The only two good UNS guns are the rapid fire mag pulse and the turreted laser cannon. Other than that, they ain't that good. The Gatori have their concssive pellet guns, which far outmatch the Human cruisers laser.

However, there is one UNS ship that easily outclasses the Gatori equivilent: The Human gunship. If you want firepower, speed, and armor, the Human gunship has it all. Much better than the Gatori gunship (although it is pretty good also).

------------------

Keep in mind that the Gaitori Gunship costs a fraction of what the UNS Gunship does. 3 or 4 Gaitori Gunships will beat the tar out of a UNS Gunship.

------------------
StarLance

Not if I was in command 😄

------------------

Okay, let's go over this again:

**1. Cruisers and Fighters: The Gatori have much better cruisers and fighters than the humans do. The Human cruiser can just barely make warp speed, and their fighters aren't to good either.

Hmmmmmmm...... 🙂 The human cruiser may not be too good at warp, but I think it outmatches the Gaitori cruiser, for a few reasons:
•Gaitori cruiser has 650 shields, human has 1000
•Gaitori cruiser speed = 3.5, human cruiser speed = 5
•Gaitori cruiser only has one weapon, Human cruiser has two (although it might be true that the pellets are better than either of the H.C.'s weapons. :D)

**2. Carriers: The Gatori carrier is (in my opinion) slightly better than the Human carrier. The Gatori carrier is faster and carries better fighters. Although it doesn't have the turreted laser and mag pulses the UNS carrier does, it's still slightly better.

No. The human carrier is not very good, but it's definitely better than the Gaitori carrier.
•Gaitori carrier has NO autotarget weapons, meaning it's VERY vulnerable from the back. The human carrier's autotarg beam isn't excellent, but it's something.
•Gaitori carrier? Faster? 🙂
•The Gaitori carrier has those damned pellet, which are good on a maneuvarable ship, but pretty much useless on the carrier. The UNS Carrier has Rap-Fire Magnetos, which aren't really made for carriers themselves, but they're better.

The only point that the Gaitori Carrier has over the UNS Carrier is that the fighters are marginally better (they have better beams, though less shields).

---Joolzman

------------------
I like cheese

Well, lets put it this way: Maybe I was wrong. I don't usually look at all the specs and I don't have much experience with the Humans.

P.S. I still think that the Human cruiser is worse than the Gatori cruiser. However, I geuss your right: The Human carrier does have better weapons than the Gatori carrier.

------------------

The gaitori fighter is worse than the human fighter. The human fighter can take a fusion pulse and keep going, but the gaitori fighter dies very fast, and it never makes use of the rapidness of it's beam.

The human cruiser is vastly superior to the gaitori cruiser. The human cruiser's magneto pulses are twice as rapid as the fusion pulse, therefore doing the same damage. The lasers suck, though. However, the human cruiser actually HITS stuff a fair amount of the time, a skill the gaitori cruiser lacks...

The human gunship is also superior to its gaitori counterpart, although each is better in it's own way.

The human carrier is also superior. The laser turret enables it to actually be able to hurt stuff behind it, and they are extremely painful when they manage to bear their magneto pulses on an enemy. I've also found the human fighters to be the superior ones.

The human HVD is also superior, although the gaitori one is also very good. The human HVD can shred carriers the fastest of any HVD, although the Gaitori one has missiles, which can be good. They both have their pros and cons.

The transports have exactly the same stats, but the human one has a slightly smaller sprite, which makes it about 0.000000001% better.

The human assault transport has more of an anti-fighter weapon, where the gaitori assault transport has a heavy-damage weapon. These also balance out.

To sum it up, the human ships are all better or approximately equivalent to the gaitori ones, in my opinion.

------------------
"You can get much further with kind words and a loaded gun than you can with kind words alone."
- Al Capone

Originally posted by Mag Steelglass:
**The human HVD is also superior, although the gaitori one is also very good. The human HVD can shred carriers the fastest of any HVD, although the Gaitori one has missiles, which can be good. They both have their pros and cons....

...The human assault transport has more of an anti-fighter weapon, where the gaitori assault transport has a heavy-damage weapon. These also balance out.

Human HVD and assault trans?????? where do these come in???? did i miss something? :redface:

------------------
I like cheese

hold on a sec i just gotta experiment w/smileys for a minute... 🙂

:frown: > :redface: > 🙂 😐 ;( OK OK OK OK OK I give up.... i'm gonna have to ask you guys....

How you make the following smileys:
-> the flat, confused one
-> the one with the eyes popping out, and
-> the rolling eyes one??

OH OH OH OH OH WAIT WAIT EVERY ONE NEVER MIND I FOUND THE SMILIE LEGEND I'LL SHUT UP NOW

------------------
I like cheese

(This message has been edited by Joolzman5 (edited 11-22-2000).)

Okay! Okay! Okay! I admit! Humans are better (but Gatori ships are JUST AS COOL!).

------------------

1 on 1 human ships usually win, but that's a tad unfair seeing as Gaitori Ships are dirt cheap. In Hera, I made a few scenarios both have the same amount of resources worth of ships

Fighters vs. Fighters: Both sides slaughtered each other. It was so close, consider it a tie
Cruisers vs. Cruisers: Humans won by a landslide
Gunships vs. Gunships: The Gaitori Swarmed the humans
Carriers vs. Carriers: The Gaitori started out with the upper hand, but the humans won in the end.
Heavy Ds vs. Heavy Ds: Tie. I guess all HVDs are equal.
Assaults vs. Assaults: Man this was a tough one. The Humans won on default, but when I programmed them to release their EVATs in battle, the Gaitori won.

There you have it, buddies, both sides are capable of utterly annihilating each other.

------------------
StarLance

AHEM AHEM I repeat:
(quote)Originally posted by Joolzman5:
**Human HVD and assault trans?????? where do these come in???? did i miss something?😕 :rolleyes: :mad: :eek: 🙂 😄

------------------
it's just one of those days
where you don't want to wake up
everything is fu**ed everybody sucks

Simple. They only appear in multiplayer games. 😄

------------------

The last thing we needed was a smilie spammer...

------------------
- Al Capone

Huh? Who? What spammer?!

------------------