Gaitori Weapons

Joolzman5

------------------
"You can get much further with kind words and a loaded gun than you can with kind words alone."
- Al Capone

Yes i know i was being a **** with the smileys, i had just found the little "smilie legend" and i was getting a little overexcited. I'll stop :rolleNONONONONO

anyhow back to the original subject, i think the only really good Gaitori weaps are the Atomic Pulse (best range of any weapon in the game, and powerful, and great graphics) and the HVD's neutron pulse, basically the same as the Fullerene Pulse on the Ishiman HVD. the CC's are okay (they're equivalent to the Rap-fire PK Beams on the Heavy Cruiser) but i don't like them much b/c of the bad range and you can't see them (when using the "aaauugh" mod.) i like rapid fire, good-range weapons such as fullerenes, Onas pulses, Rapid Magnetos, and (my favorite) the R-Plasma Pulses on the Bazidanese Battleship. Ok now i'm done with my somewhat off-subject rant.

------------------
Quoth the Joolzman, “SHUT THE HELL UP I’M TRYING TO SLEEP!”

hey i didn't say sh'it (****) i said D I C K!! you can't say **** ?

------------------
Quoth the Joolzman, “SHUT THE HELL UP I’M TRYING TO SLEEP!”

Uhh, Slug, how the ƒ¨ç° did the Gatori win in a straight gunship fight? The turrets should neutralize the homing pulses, the Gatori don't have great shields, and the humans' magnos should tear them up. I've beaten Ish (I think they even built a carrier, Avatara please confirm) with human gunships, and could swear they'd rip right through any gatori ships (except maybe HVDs in very large quantites).

------------------
Error: target is violating the laws of physics
Error: target is locally exceeding c
Error: unable to determine if target exists or not
Error: target cannot be hit

Sigh...

a) Turrets cannot "Neutralize homing pulses". If you mean destroy them, then you're wrong. Nothing can stop a Gaitori Pulse.
🆒 Gaitori Gunships are the cheapest in the game. Add that to the fact they are lethal in large groups and those homing pulses are unstoppable (and impossible to evade if you're piloting a slow gunships), and you get a lot of broken metal where the Human gunship squadron once sat.

------------------
Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines.
-Alduran Outlaw Rick Blazer
StarLance

Slug, I'd like to see that scenario.
This is somewhat difficult to believe. I'm guessing it's human-controled gatori, and that's not fair, both sides should be either both human or both AI with a human "third side".

------------------

No, it's computer-controlled Gaitori vs. computer-controlled Humans. My ship is merely an Audemedon Carrier that sits out of the way, watching. The Scenario is on it's way.

------------------
StarLance

Quit being an idiot and admit you're wrong, Darkk.

Ok. The reason it's so hard to believe is that human gunships are really great ships (take on the Ish with them, you might even win, as I have).

I will maintain that giving both sides an HVD (like in net play) would give humans the advantage, but that's not the issue. I've only seen net play (my beta problems will soon be ledgendary).

------------------

Ah, but all great ships have weaknesses, Darkk. In a fight between human and gaitori gunships, this is why the gaitori ones would win:

1. Both ships are too clumsy to be able to hit each other with their front guns, leaving the gaitori gunship with homing pulses and the human gunship with the laser turret.

2. The homing pulses have great range, so the gaitori gunships can continue to fire at the human ones, even when they're a good distance away.

3. The laser turret doesn't have much range (compared to the atomic pulses), making it useless when the ships end up moving apart.

4. The laser turret doesn't do much damage.

5. The homing pulses can't be stopped, unless you fire another guided weapon at them, in which case both weapons try to kill each other.

------------------
"Oi, oi, oi, me got a hurt n here
Oi, oi, oi, me smell a ting is near
Me gonna bosh and me gonna nosh
An da hurt'll dissapear"

yes.... Mag is right. the only way to stop an Atom pulse is with a CMissile, and even then it's pretty hard since the missiles' guidance system + turn radius is so crappy. Basically a waste of time to try to stop them. That's one of the main uses of that missile, however; since any weapon, from a CC Gun to an Atom Pulse, will shoot it down ("kill" it) you can use the missile to stop anything else, however hard it may be. this is good for Magno Pulses too. CMissiles are also the only way to stop AMissiles (audemedons).

------------------
--Joolzman5, that guy with the red spikey hair

That and the Cantharan Antimatter Core type II

------------------
StarLance

Originally posted by Slug:
**That and the Cantharan Antimatter Core type II

huh.... that incredibly powerful thing the canth gunship has? that can be shot down by anything?

------------------

No, it can shoot down A-Missiles

------------------
StarLance

oh.... well i wouldn't know, i've never managed to get a successful online game going, so i've never seen canth vs. audie.

------------------

In my opinion, almost all Cantharan weapons stink. Their laser is short range and pathetic, the Anti-Matter Pulse Reactor Type II is slow and is only good against cruisers, and the Cluster Cell turret is short range and not much of a problem. I've taken out Cantharan carriers in an Obish cruiser while being chased by Gatori cruisers, Cantharan cruisers, Cantharan heavy cruisers, and Cantharan fighters at the same time while not using my stealth field. It was actually quite fun and not that hard.

------------------
To Escape Velocity: Nova and Beyond!

Cantharan weapons are okay, they're just different.

Their PK beams travel slightly faster, which allows then to perform better at hitting small stuff. Their range isn't very much shorter, at all.

Antimatter pulse reactor type I is same as fusion pulse, but travels faster.

Antimatter pulse reactor type II happens to be about the single-most powerful weapon on a gunship. Ever used one, before?

Clustercell generators happen to be excellent at stopping missiles.

Stealth fields are also extremely useful.

------------------
An da hurt'll dissapear"

Originally posted by Mag Steelglass:
**Antimatter pulse reactor type II happens to be about the single-most powerful weapon on a gunship. Ever used one, before?

Replace "on a gunship" with "in the game"

------------------
StarLance

I think the HVD weapons are more powerful, though.

------------------
An da hurt'll dissapear"

No, they do 200 damage. The Antimatter Reactor II does 500.

------------------
StarLance