Gaitori Weapons

Well, there's one point you can't insult the Gaitori on. Their weapons are very good. I did a test, where I replaced the weapons on Ishiman ships with Gaitori weapons. The Gaitori weapons are much better for most levels, although your ships tend to run out of energy quickly. If anybody wants the test, I'll email it to them.

------------------
"You can get much further with kind words and a loaded gun than you can with kind words alone."
- Al Capone

thats very interesting....

------------------

Maybe the Gaitori weapons could be modified to make them a half-decent race. The weapons could take less energy, energy blobs could be more powerful for the Gaitori, or their weapons could have a longer range, or they could be autoaiming. Or even a combination of these. I think that, with some tweaking, the Gatori could be a pretty good race, if you know how to use them

------------------
"Then enemy gate is down"
-Ender, "Ender's Game"

The Gaitori weapons are already the best, but the properties of their ships kill their usefulness:

Gaitori Fighter:
Has a KL (don't know what it stands for) beam cannon, which is surprisingly good. However, it's too slow, unmaneuverable, and weak to be effective.

Gaitori Cruiser:
Has a concussive pellet gun. Concussive pellet guns only work well if you get sustained fire and hits. The Gaitori cruiser is not fast nor nimble enough to get sustained fire with the short range.

Gaitori Gunship:
Has a concussive pellet gun and an atomic pulse gun. It's too fast for both: The atomic pulse is a better weapon to stand off and fire than to fire from the middle of the battle, and the gunship can't turn quick enough to hit things with the concussive pellet gun before its target has run away or the gunship has flown past. It's also way too weak.

Gaitori Carrier:
Has a concussive pellet gun and concussion missiles. The Gaitori should at least put the concussive pellet gun on a turret. It works very well that way, but a cannon on a carrier? The concussion missiles work well from long range, though.

Gaitori Heavy Destroyer:
Armed with a neutron pulse gun, a concussive pellet gun, and concussion missiles. This is the only decent Gaitori ship out there, but that's only because all HVDs are almost completely the same.

So you see, using the Ishiman ships solves these problems, and makes VERY effective use of all of these weapons.

------------------
"You can get much further with kind words and a loaded gun than you can with kind words alone."
- Al Capone

(This message has been edited by Mag Steelglass (edited 11-02-2000).)

You should try a multiplayer plug as follows:

Switch all the Gaitori weapons to the Audmendian ships and all the Audmendian weapons to the Gaitori ships. Have two decent, balanced, but an equal number of each type of ship, one of each race, start out in the middle. Have them battle each other and see who wins.

If one side has too much of an advantage, switch the Gaitori with the Sals (give the Gaitori the cloaking device) and try.

------------------

Hmmm. You'll have to clarify, 'cause I can't understand quite what you're saying.

------------------
- Al Capone

Originally posted by Mag Steelglass:
**Hmmm. You'll have to clarify, 'cause I can't understand quite what you're saying.

Switch the weapons on the Aud ships with Gaitori weapons, and vice-versa. You should end up with Audmendian ships with Gaitori weapons, and Gaitori ships with Audmendian weapons.

Make two fleets, one per player (possibly have one be the computer), and one of each race. Make sure each has an equal number of the same type of ships. In other words, if one side has three carriers and a gunship, the other side should have three carriers and a gunship. If you want a challenge, add a bit more to the computer and have the computer be the Auds. Also, try to include at least one of the basic ships (fighters, cruisers, carriers, gunships, and HvDs).

If one side is way too powerful, replace "Audmendian" with Salrillian. If you do this, give the poor Gaitori ships the cloaking device.

------------------

yeah the gaitori are way to wimpy

i can easily take out a gaitori carrier with an ishiman cruiser

yeah, i guess gaitori weaps are pretty good. however their ships suck. and think: AUDEMEDON WEAPONS?!?!?!?? gaitori weaps are no match for them (except maybe that homing atomic pulse.) all of their ships other than the fighter have that stupid concussive pellet gun! it is pretty damn stupid to put that short-range cannon on a carrier by the way, it makes it completely vulnerable from the back, like a Canth gunship. the audemedons have great weapons though! the incredibly powerful 3-way beam that the carrier has? those beams and pulses that match the elejeetian equivalents? please! those weapons are great! the gaitori would win with those weapons, no doubt about it!

------------------
Joolzman5 sez: Oh fudgemonkeys.

Those beams and pulses that match the elejeetian equivalents?

(/B)

Actually the Elejeetian Onas Pulse has a rate of fire twice that of the Inas Pulse.
Also the weapons have the special effects. The Newo beam disables and the Onas pulse pushes the enemy away.

Also, while I'm not sure of this one, I think that the CC Pellet Gun only fires as fast as a Rapid P-K Beam. The CC Pellet Gun isn't that good after all.....

------------------
Patrick's Ares Plug-ins And Reviews
http://members.xoom.com/gbcdoj87
My Email: (url="http://"mailto:gbcdoj@mediaone.net")mailto:gbcdoj@mediaone.net(/url)gbcdoj@mediaone.net

Oh.

What about the rapid-fire pulse on an Audemedon Gunship? (I think those might be the most dangerous ships in the game, by the way... better than any Heavy Destroyer b/c it has just about as good weapons, slightly better maneuvering, and much better shielding. OUCH! If I were playing as Audemedons in Level 17, I would build nothing but Gunships.)

------------------
What's your point?

Concussive pellet gun fires every five, and rapid pk cannon fires every 7, so it's almost the same. However, that doesn't mean it sucks. Ishiman ships becaome much more powerful when given Gaitori weapons. I think they're almost a match for the Audemedon weapons. The Gaitori ships would do much better with audie weapons, though, because they're designed for that style of weapons: heavy damage and long range, but not too rapid. The ones they currently have do a lot more total damage, but don't have the range to allow the Gaitori ships to do much. Also, the Gaitori ships aren't maneuverable, so they can't have sustained fire on their enemies, which means they can only get bout 30 to 60 damage at a time with the concussive pellet guns.

------------------
- Al Capone

Originally posted by Patrick:
Actually the Elejeetian Onas Pulse has a rate of fire twice that of the Inas Pulse.

No, they're the same.

Also the weapons have the special effects. The Newo beam disables and the Onas pulse pushes the enemy away.

There's a bug with the Newoo beam so it doesn't really disable. The disable command is set to reflexive. Silly mistake.

**Also, while I'm not sure of this one, I think that the CC Pellet Gun only fires as fast as a Rapid P-K Beam. The CC Pellet Gun isn't that good after all.....

No true. The Concussive Collision Pellet fires 2/7ths faster. And seeing as it does 30 damage, it'll rip a carrier to shreds at close range. Which is why you stay behind Gaitori ships when attacking them....

------------------
Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines.
-Alduran Outlaw Rick Blazer
StarLance

Mag Steelglass: The KL bit stands for Kinetic Laser.

Although the Gaitori ships are poor, in the hands of a skilled pilot they can whoop any race except the Audemedons or Salrillians. I'm unashamed to say that happened to me when Jimmy Page 1 from TAG whooped me with the Gaitori whilst I played with the Ishiman. He had a massive fleet of Gaitori gunships and destroyed my first force, but I eventually got him back and won. But hey, if he had been any other race, I would have had my butt kicked to Pluto.

------------------

Originally posted by Slug:
**No, they're the same..

The Inas Pulse reloads at a rate of 23/20 of a second. The Onas Pulse reloads at a rate of 13/20 of a second, almost twice as fast. I just checked these values in Hera.

This post has been edited by Patrick : 25 September 2007 - 03:16 PM

its the rap inasa pulse that has the same firing rate(or close)

slug: is there a way to fix this reflexive disable command on the newo beams, i know there is i just dont know how.

------------------
"Who's next?"
-- Champion Maxwell Mokrev to an underling after leaping a fortress wall, killing 19 enemy SpaceMen, jumping into a tank, and crashing through all of the walls of the fortress, leaving nothing standing.
nickel count: 4

Pyro- to get the Newo beams to disable, go to the Newo beam in hera, go to its collide actions, and uncheck reflexive.

This post has been edited by Patrick : 25 September 2007 - 03:15 PM

Hmmmmmmmm. The Gatori Atomic Pulse (Gatori Gunship) is pretty good. It homes, it's pretty powerful, and I bet it's a better anti-fighter weapon than most other guns.

The Inasa Pulse is VERY good and VERY deadly. Can take out carriers in five seconds. The Audemedon Gunship (which carries the rapid Inasa pulse) really rocks! I mean it! VERY deadly.

However, I would have to say that I favor the Onas Pulse much more. Has longer range, and if you use that correctly you can take out 3 Audemedon carriers with just 1 Eleejetian cruiser! I mean it! Just fly around them and shoot the daylights out of them while staying far enough away to remain undamaged. Once and a while, just move away and pound the Audemedon fighters.

------------------
To Escape Velocity: Nova and Beyond!

I think that the CC pellet gun is quite a good weapon, despite its short range, because it is instant damage. Also, the Atomic pulse is one of the best weapons in the game. And no, the gaitori are not that bad, I have passed the game using them several times; you just need to understand how the ships work so you can dodge enemy fire.

------------------
Long Live Apple! Long Live the Mac!
(url="http://"http://www.geocities.com/salrillian")http://www.geocities.com/salrillian(/url)
(url="http://"http://www.geocities.com/evclassic")http://www.geocities.com/evclassic(/url)

It's actually not instant damage. I used to think that, too, before Hera. The cuncussive pellets are actually beams, like the pk beams, except they're black.

------------------
- Al Capone