BowHero crashes my game.

Here's what happened. I put in the animations for the "HeroBow" in my 'NPC_Hero' folder. I check the animations to make sure they would play correctly, and they do in the animator. Now when I start a new game, it crashes (worked perfectly before this change).

Question also:
What exactly is a key frame used for? (the check-box to the left of the animation file.)

------------------
Albadar
- - - - - - - - - -
Just trying...

I just rebuilt the animation files for the bowhero, and that didn't help. Then I tried to put the original hero files back in and they fail too. I have made sure that the "Game Options" - 'Misc' tab has the correct file selected (it does) for each hero type. Does anyone have any suggestions?

<Edited: updating information>
------------------
Albadar
- - - - - - - - - -
Just trying...

(This message has been edited by Albadar (edited 06-22-2003).)

Given that you say that going back to the old graphics doesn't fix the problem, that really suggests to me that there's something else wrong. Are you sure that nothing else changed between the build of the game that used to work and the build that now doesn't?

Originally posted by Albadar:
What exactly is a key frame used for? (the check-box to the left of the animation file.)

If you have an animation that moves relative to its origin point (such as the "smoke puffs" that rise from the chimneys in Fantrima in PoG) the keyframes indicate where the animation is located at a given frame, and the engine will automatically interpolate the location of the other frames between the keyframes.

------------------
'You can either be on the stage, just a performer, just going through the lines...or you can be outside it, and know how the script works, where the scenery hangs, and where the trapdoors are. Isn't that better?'
-- T. Pratchett
Please correct me if I'm wrong, and expect me to return the favor.

Yes, Im sure that nothing else has changed. I'm also sure that I have a back up, (learned this here) and will put it back on instead of the corrupted files. Hopefully that will solve as least some of this.

------------------
Albadar
- - - - - - - - - -
Just trying...

I don't now what happened. But the back-up works great and it's the same as I had (I'm mostly sure of this).
I am continuing!

------------------
Albadar
- - - - - - - - - -
Just trying...