No net ares, no social life, no sanity

For those of you that play ares on <a href=www.gameranger.com>gameranger</a> (who doesn't, if not you, then plz do!), you may have noticed that 1.2b6 doesn't work with GR!!!!! I have one thing to say about this, and I hope the moderators stop me before I do. I've been bugging scott kevill to fix the plug for days, but no effect, I'm now proceding to plan B, trying to set up a net game without GR (wish me luck)

It's not GR's fault. It's the bugs in the beta. Open Ares with res-edit and change the version number from 1.0.1 to 1.1.0.

------------------
"Oi, oi, oi, me got a hurt n here
Oi, oi, oi, me smell a ting is near
Me gonna bosh and me gonna nosh
An da hurt'll dissapear"

No. You need to change it to 1.2.0 or it'll think it's normal Ares (bad thing, I think).
Oh, if you have a firewall, in addition to the port Ares uses, you'll need to open port 15000.

------------------
Error: target is violating the laws of physics
Error: target is locally exceeding c
Error: unable to determine if target exists or not
Error: target cannot be hit

Yes. For this error, just open up Ares Beta with ResEdit, go into the VERS resource, and change the numbers at the top (for both of the two resources in there) to 1.2.0.

------------------
--Joolzman5, that guy with the red spikey hair

Hey why does it say I have 165 posts here and 201 posts somewhere else? The counter is different for every board, maybe every topic, it seems...

------------------
--Joolzman5, that guy with the red spikey hair whose presence never fails to suddenly kill Mag Steelglass

OK never mind...

------------------
--Joolzman5, that guy with the red spikey hair whose presence never fails to suddenly kill Mag Steelglass