Question on extracting picts

K' I want to know if taking picts out of PoG is legal via making a new PoG plugin, making a new animation in that plugin, then adding to that animation to graphics you want, and using snapz to pull them out. Or to make things simple, is there a sign graphic/anim availible in either the CD or on the web somewhere?

------------------
Whose cruel idea was it to put an 'S' in lisp?

What POG picture are you looking for? Do you have a name?

What kind of editing are you doing to pict?

------------------
Albadar
- - - - - - - - - -
Just trying...

Originally posted by BlackLite:
**Is there a sign graphic/.....

Yes there is a sign fo the inn, weapons, potions, and food. Did you need something else?

------------------
Albadar
- - - - - - - - - -
Just trying...

I know what you mean, BlackLite. You want the sign graphic that is given to a sign NPC. I got just what you need. I have already extracted it for myself. Would you like it?

(heh, Albadar, you're gaining on me in posts :p)

------------------
"Stiney! Get me a danish!"

(This message has been edited by OgreBob (edited 06-02-2003).)

You are talking about those little wooden road signs, right? Like the ones outside of towns that when the player runs up to them a dialog opens up saying that he is about to enter wherever. They are passive npc's, since they show as blue dots when using the awareness skill. In your plug-in, make a new passive npc. Under the battle tab, for selecting a picture or animation, hit the ellipsis (3 dots) button to open up the choices. Look for miscellaneous in the drop down list. There is both an animation and a picture for the sign. The wood bridges and stone bridges are also in there.

------------------
Insert profound thought
or clever witticism here

Edited spelling error.

(This message has been edited by Codewizard (edited 06-03-2003).)

Yep ogrebob, thats the one. I really could use it. send it to me. K'

------------------

Also, I need to know if it is legal to take them (my game is going out for a small fee, not freeware) out of pog, or if it is taboo.

------------------

Graphics that are in PoG but not in the Coldstone graphics library are generally not OK to use in your own creations, any more than graphics you pulled out of any other game would be. It's been stated in the past that certain graphics (such as the Sea Giants and Guardian in PoG) were intentionally omitted from the Coldstone library in order to keep PoG somewhat unique.

For something as simple as the "road sign" graphic, it might have been left out of the Coldstone library inadvertently. You could try e-mailing Ambrosia about the possibility of being permitted to use it in your own work.

------------------
'You can either be on the stage, just a performer, just going through the lines...or you can be outside it, and know how the script works, where the scenery hangs, and where the trapdoors are. Isn't that better?'
-- T. Pratchett

My mistake. I thought, you meant you are making a plug-in.

------------------
Insert profound thought
or clever witticism here

Originally posted by OgreBob:
**(heh, Albadar, you're gaining on me in posts:p )

I am now gunshy about reply, posts ect. EVERYTIME I post, reply to something, I have checked it out and it didn't work. I reply/post and then it works fine. Not just once, but many times. I am now a scared rabitt!

------------------
Albadar
- - - - - - - - - -
Just trying...

BlackLite, what's your e-mail? I'll send it to yah. Even so, you should do what Glenn says and ask ambrosia before you utilize it. Of course, sending it to you would not be illegal 🙂

------------------
"Stiney! Get me a danish!"