slug

ive already heard about being a moderator and why do u think that youre abusing youre power? I think youre doing a great job as moderator and i dont know if youre having some kind of personal probs or something but i think youre thinking things that arent, anyone that thinks youre abusing youre powers got some issues. And dont leave the boards we need you here and starlance is what we all wait for. If you want slug to stay sign name here:

Pyro

------------------
just take my post, and imagine everything is speeled right.
nickel count: 7

Odd, I thought this topic was in the Engineering Dept.

Slug, please stay on the webboard. You haven't abused your powers as far as I can tell, and the incident with Zell's new plug was mostly just a mis-understanding between moderators, not an issue over the abuse of your powers.

(fancy cursive writing)
Your friend, (/cursive)

------------------
"Those who make rash decisions out of anger or sadness usually come to seriously regret them. Especially when the cause was nothing but a big mis-understanding."

(This message has been edited by Avatara (edited 12-04-2000).)

Please stay. I like having people of knowledge to argue with. 😉

We love you, man!!

(sig)Governer Darkk(/sig)

------------------
Error: target is violating the laws of physics
Error: target is locally exceeding c
Error: unable to determine if target exists or not
Error: target cannot be hit

(This message has been edited by Fleet Admiral Darkk (edited 12-04-2000).)

I'm probaly the least most active and the worst speller on the boards and even though i dont know you at all, except for the 66:8 thing, I wish for you to stay, mostly becuase of those interesting RPG's you have going and your arguements with Darkk, and on of the most important hings is StarLance, so i dont know if i should be posting this but what the heck why not,

really scribbly chicken scratch

DeathVal

------------------
insert famous line from either StarWars, Myth 2, Marathon Trilogy, Ares, StarCraft, Ultima Online, or from Ender's Quartet here

Stay, or I'll hire some guys from the mafia to MAKE you stay...

Mag Steelglass

------------------
"Oi, oi, oi, me got a hurt n here
Oi, oi, oi, me smell a ting is near
Me gonna bosh and me gonna nosh
An da hurt'll dissapear"

Sigh I'm sorry for being selfish and all. A combination of personal problems, frustrations, my internet life....

But I was really this close to leaving. I had even sent a resignation letter to Andrew Welch. In his responses he basically told me that's all bull and said I should give it all another chance.

That put it all in another perspective. I wasn't the generic person to be shhit on, I was another cog in the machine of Ambrosia Software Incorporated. I realized the only reason people respected me wasn't just my Hera Skills. I seem to recall the last time I left. Things were in shambles when I returned.

I am here to stay now. I will let noone, not Walter, Ambrose, Sumo, WeebMac or OctoberFost pressure me into the point of breakage again.

Thank god for that 🙂

------------------
I have a plan so ingenius even an idiot could have devised it. On my command, we will line up our ships and fly straight into the enemy death-cannons clogging them with wreckage.

Well, good to see you're still with us Slug.

Basically, we need you here. We like you here, as I'm sure some of the various posts have helped to convince you.

Just because some people are gunning for you doesn't mean everyone is, and remember, you're part of a team here. At the risk of sounding thuggish, if someone, whoever, messes with you, they're messing with us as a team. And I don't like that.

So next time they piss you off let us know. That's what friends are for.

------------------
Sundered Angel ,
The One and Only
Ares Webboard Moderator, and all-around Nice Guy

Andrew says it's too late for me to take back my resignation, but I guess that's ok. I always knew my moderatorship of these boards would end someday, just not in a stupid mistake like this.

But on the bright side, I can think of worse ways for a moderatorship to end. Cotton Mouse was who I nominated to replace me.

Slug
ex-Ares webboard moderator and overall nice-ish guy

------------------
Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines.
-Alduran Outlaw Rick Blazer
StarLance

Thanks for your nomination, Slug, and I'm glad you're not leaving. I guess it was one of those things you couldn't talk to your friends on GR about, but that's up to you--what you want to say and all. Hopefully, whatever's going on will clear up.

------------------
"Just because I'm evil doesn't mean I'm not nice."
--Charlie Fulton

(This message has been edited by Cotton Mouse (edited 12-05-2000).)

Originally posted by Slug:
Andrew says it's too late for me to take back my resignation, but I guess that's ok. I always knew my moderatorship of these boards would end someday, just not in a stupid mistake like this.

I will stop insulting people, or I will be banned again.

(This message has been edited by Laguna (edited 12-05-2000).)

Originally posted by Slug:
I am here to stay now. I will let noone, not Walter, Ambrose, Sumo, WeebMac or OctoberFost pressure me into the point of breakage again.

That's good. They are what?...5 people out of at least a few hundred that think you are doing a great job. Its a bummer about the moderatorship, but you can still do much more to help the boards without it.

Congrats Cotton on your dream coming true, if only it was in slightly better circumstances. Maybe you can live up to the Slug ideal... 😉

------------------
With war there is great amounts of death. Men and women make themselves known, doing dangerous feats in their attempt to become heroes.
Some succeed, some don't...

well youre staying i guess thats good, too bad about the moderatorship though. But good luck to cotton mouse anyways. Its not like anything really bad will happen by not being a moderator. Maybe you should use youre last moderator powers to close this topic before any regrets eh?

------------------
just take my post, and imagine everything is speeled right.
nickel count: 7

(This message has been edited by Pyro (edited 12-05-2000).)

well not before i managed to squeeze a post in here.

i haven't been on the boards for long, but i had seen your webpage before i came here (i know that isn't really "knowing" you) and i certainly respect you. thank god you're staying.... that's what really matters most.... too bad about the moderatorship as everyone has been saying, but i'm glad you're staying.

--Julian

------------------
--Joolzman5, that guy with the red spikey hair

I've chatted with Slug regarding this, but I'd like to publically say:

Slug's been a great moderator, and an invaluable member of the team. It'll be sad to see him leave the team, but since he's still going to be with us on the boards, we're not going to lose his wit, intelligence, and of course, unparred skills with plug-ins. That's something to be grateful for.

So, just a reminder to you all. If board members are harassing you, on the boards, or in email, bring it to me. If your complaints are true... well, to put it simply, that <deleted> is going down.

Clear?

------------------
Sundered Angel ,
The One and Only
Ares Webboard Moderator, and all-around Nice Guy

Here ya go:

Captain Carnotaur (Moderator-wanna-be)

I don't see a thing wrong with Slug.

------------------
To Escape Velocity: Nova and Beyond!
--------------
Millennium. Its coming, prepare for it.
Coming to the EV Chronicles.

Edited because I guess it was bad.

(This message has been edited by Cotton Mouse (edited 12-08-2000).)

Cotton, Andrew takes some time to get the program to change moderators. For me, it was about a week. For Sargatanus, it took a month.

------------------
"I'm a controversial figure. My friends either dislike me or hate me."

Edited because it was thought bad.

(This message has been edited by Cotton Mouse (edited 12-08-2000).)

sigh :frown:

------------------
Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines.
-Alduran Outlaw Rick Blazer
StarLance