animations

Is it bossible to have more than one death animation for a character?
say a burning death for fire damage and a normal one for a sword in the gut?

------------------
Humanity will crumble under tides of blood.

im happy that 11 ppl currentsly have looked at this but cud some one gime some kind of answer?

------------------
Humanity will crumble under tides of blood.

Quote

Originally posted by DeathWalker:
**im happy that 11 ppl currentsly have looked at this but cud some one gime some kind of answer?

**

I guess if those 11 ppls were polite they each would have posted "I'm sorry, I do not know". Thats the problem with ppls. No manners.

The answer is maybe. Here's one way to do it:

The only way to give your characters a death animation in the first place is to use animated stamps linked to their death events. Create a global to keep track of whatever attack your PC is using. Give every weapon and spell an extra event (in the "hit'" link) that changes that global to the appropriate value (for example, 1 for bleeding death, 2 for burning death). Have the death event check this global with a conditional before calling the applicable death animation stamp.

myshkyn

------------------
"I'll give the fans just what they want, and nothing else at all."

Quote

Originally posted by DeathWalker:
Is it bossible to have more than one death animation for a character?

Since a death event is just like any other event, you can easily modify the outcomes by using globals and conditionals, and calling whatever event you want to execute from within the death event.

------------------
(url="http://"http://stark.evula.net/pogwalkthrough.htm")PoG Walkthrough and Compendium(/url) | (url="http://"http://stark.evula.net/plugins/dev_tools.htm")PoG Dev Tools(/url) | (url="http://"http://stark.evula.net/plugins/spells_expander.htm")Spells Expander(/url)
(url="http://"http://stark.evula.net")Stark.evula.net(/url) | (url="http://"http://www.evula.net")EVula.net(/url) | (url="http://"http://mail.ambrosiasw.com/mailman/listinfo/coldstone_dev")Coldstone-dev mailing list(/url) | (url="http://"http://ucplugs.evula.net/pog.html")PoG Upcoming Plug-Ins Directory(/url)

Quote

Originally posted by myshkyn:
Give every weapon and spell an extra event (in the "hit'" link) that changes that global to the appropriate value (for example, 1 for bleeding death, 2 for burning death). Have the death event check this global with a conditional before calling the applicable death animation stamp.

Since this is the death of the player, you would need to keep track of the NPCs weapon, not the player's. I do not know if the "hit" event is executed when an NPC wields a weapon or not. This would be worth checking to make sure that this is possible. If it is checked, then there shouldn't be any problems.

------------------
(url="http://"http://stark.evula.net/pogwalkthrough.htm")PoG Walkthrough and Compendium(/url) | (url="http://"http://stark.evula.net/plugins/dev_tools.htm")PoG Dev Tools(/url) | (url="http://"http://stark.evula.net/plugins/spells_expander.htm")Spells Expander(/url)
(url="http://"http://stark.evula.net")Stark.evula.net(/url) | (url="http://"http://www.evula.net")EVula.net(/url) | (url="http://"http://mail.ambrosiasw.com/mailman/listinfo/coldstone_dev")Coldstone-dev mailing list(/url) | (url="http://"http://ucplugs.evula.net/pog.html")PoG Upcoming Plug-Ins Directory(/url)

exellent, thank to all.
so this wud work for PCs killing NPCs but NPCs killing PCs maynot triiger the needed event?

------------------
Humanity will crumble under tides of blood.
irc: Draco/Dracon

Quote

Originally posted by DeathWalker:
so this wud work for PCs killing NPCs but NPCs killing PCs maynot triiger the needed event?

Correct. You will need to do some testing to see if this is the case or not.

------------------
(url="http://"http://stark.evula.net/pogwalkthrough.htm")PoG Walkthrough and Compendium(/url) | (url="http://"http://stark.evula.net/plugins/dev_tools.htm")PoG Dev Tools(/url) | (url="http://"http://stark.evula.net/plugins/spells_expander.htm")Spells Expander(/url)
(url="http://"http://stark.evula.net")Stark.evula.net(/url) | (url="http://"http://www.evula.net")EVula.net(/url) | (url="http://"http://mail.ambrosiasw.com/mailman/listinfo/coldstone_dev")Coldstone-dev mailing list(/url) | (url="http://"http://ucplugs.evula.net/pog.html")PoG Upcoming Plug-Ins Directory(/url)

Quote

Originally posted by Stark Bledfast:
**I do not know if the "hit" event is executed when an NPC wields a weapon or not.

**

It is. I've mentioned before that it's really the only way to give a hostile npc any real influence over the game aside from killing or being killed. Every one of our monsters,even the ones who can't technically hold weapons, is given a weapon to equip. I highly recommend it.

myshkyn

------------------
"I'll give the fans just what they want, and nothing else at all."

Quote

Originally posted by myshkyn:
It is. I've mentioned before that it's really the only way to give a hostile npc any real influence over the game aside from killing or being killed. Every one of our monsters,even the ones who can't technically hold weapons, is given a weapon to equip. I highly recommend it.

Ah, excellent.

Thanks for the confirmation.

------------------
(url="http://"http://stark.evula.net/pogwalkthrough.htm")PoG Walkthrough and Compendium(/url) | (url="http://"http://stark.evula.net/plugins/dev_tools.htm")PoG Dev Tools(/url) | (url="http://"http://stark.evula.net/plugins/spells_expander.htm")Spells Expander(/url)
(url="http://"http://stark.evula.net")Stark.evula.net(/url) | (url="http://"http://www.evula.net")EVula.net(/url) | (url="http://"http://mail.ambrosiasw.com/mailman/listinfo/coldstone_dev")Coldstone-dev mailing list(/url) | (url="http://"http://ucplugs.evula.net/pog.html")PoG Upcoming Plug-Ins Directory(/url)

Does the "hit" mean when an NPC hits the Player or when the Player hits the NPC? So does the NPC "feel" hitting the Player or does the NPC "feel" itself being hit?

------------------
-- Debra
Danillitphil Productions

Quote

Originally posted by Debra:
Does the "hit" mean when an NPC hits the Player or when the Player hits the NPC? So does the NPC "feel" hitting the Player or does the NPC "feel" itself being hit?

In this instance, when the NPC hits the player. This also isn't an NPC event, but a weapon event. So the weapon, wielded by the NPC, knows when it hits the player.

This make sense?

------------------
(url="http://"http://stark.evula.net/pogwalkthrough.htm")PoG Walkthrough and Compendium(/url) | (url="http://"http://stark.evula.net/plugins/dev_tools.htm")PoG Dev Tools(/url) | (url="http://"http://stark.evula.net/plugins/spells_expander.htm")Spells Expander(/url)
(url="http://"http://stark.evula.net")Stark.evula.net(/url) | (url="http://"http://www.evula.net")EVula.net(/url) | (url="http://"http://mail.ambrosiasw.com/mailman/listinfo/coldstone_dev")Coldstone-dev mailing list(/url) | (url="http://"http://ucplugs.evula.net/pog.html")PoG Upcoming Plug-Ins Directory(/url)

I think so. We're talking about the opportunity for events when creating an NPC, in the NPC window under "hit." Right?

------------------
-- Debra
Danillitphil Productions

Quote

Originally posted by Debra:
I think so. We're talking about the opportunity for events when creating an NPC, in the NPC window under "hit." Right?

There isn't a window in the NPC wizard for "hit." Not unless I'm forgetting something...

I'm talking about in the Item wizard under "Links."

Then in the NPC wizard under the "Items" tab you give this item to the NPC. The NPC will automatically equip and use the item, and when it attacks the player the item's event links will be executed.

------------------
(url="http://"http://stark.evula.net/pogwalkthrough.htm")PoG Walkthrough and Compendium(/url) | (url="http://"http://stark.evula.net/plugins/dev_tools.htm")PoG Dev Tools(/url) | (url="http://"http://stark.evula.net/plugins/spells_expander.htm")Spells Expander(/url)
(url="http://"http://stark.evula.net")Stark.evula.net(/url) | (url="http://"http://www.evula.net")EVula.net(/url) | (url="http://"http://mail.ambrosiasw.com/mailman/listinfo/coldstone_dev")Coldstone-dev mailing list(/url) | (url="http://"http://ucplugs.evula.net/pog.html")PoG Upcoming Plug-Ins Directory(/url)

No, I'm forgetting something. It's clear now. Thanks!

------------------
-- Debra
Danillitphil Productions

Log in to reply