Ares Strategy Guide Released!

The Ares Strategy Guide has been released at (url="http://"http://www.ambrosiaSW.com/games/ares/addons.html")www.ambrosiaSW.com/games/ares/addons.html(/url) !

Description:
Ever had problems beating those really hard levels? Ever thought that it doesn't seem right for Gatori Cruisers to beat Ishima Heavy Destroyers? Well now no more! Ares Strategy Guide is for those of you who just can't seem to beat certain levels. This guide can be especially useful if you are new to Ares. Ares Strategy Guide has strategies for every level. They are simple, and easy to read and use. This guide also includes tips for certain situations. I will eventually make another Ares Strategy guide, with more tips and better strategies. Just e-mail me if you have one. This guide was made using DocMaker. Enjoy the guide!

- Captain Carnotaur
cdp@pautsch.com

------------------
To Escape Velocity: Nova and Beyond!

What does everyone think of it?

------------------

i dont need it what can i say....

------------------
"Who's next?"
-- Champion Maxwell Mokrev to an underling after leaping a fortress wall, killing 19 enemy SpaceMen, jumping into a tank, and crashing through all of the walls of the fortress, leaving nothing standing.
nickel count: 5

Well, if you've beaten all the levels, well yes, you don't need it. However, this guide was designed for people new to Ares and people who are having trouble with certain levels. Now, If you have a nice strategy you could e-mail me so that I could put it in the update...

------------------

But, if I gave out all my strategies, I'd stop winning everytime I meet someone on GR!

------------------
"You can get much further with kind words and a loaded gun than you can with kind words alone."
- Al Capone

While the guide itself is nice, Ares is so easy that most people won't need it. Maybe you could make a strategy guide for all of the currently released plugs? Another thing is all of the screenshots. In the update you should take most if not all of them out. If you have cable/DSL the file size is fine, but it could take a while for someone with say a 14.4/28.8 modem a while to download.

This post has been edited by Patrick : 25 September 2007 - 02:40 PM

Originally posted by Patrick:
**While the guide itself is nice, Ares is so easy that most people won't need it.

Ugh, more humiliation. :redface:

------------------
With war there is great amounts of death. Men and women make themselves known, doing dangerous feats in their attempt to become heroes.
Some succeed, some don't...

**Another thing is all of the screenshots. In the update you should take most if not all of them out. If you have cable/DSL the file size is fine, but it could take a while for someone with say a 14.4/28.8 modem a while to download.

Well, actually, I DO have DSL, so I download stuff much faster. Sorry, In the update I'll take out a few, BUT NOT ALL OF THEM.

**While the guide itself is nice, Ares is so easy that most people won't need it. Maybe you could make a strategy guide for all of the currently released plugs?

Hmmmm, I like that idea. I'll include it in the update.

P.S. But overral, do you think its a good guide and that its strategies work?

------------------

Yes, I do think its a good guide.Its well written and the strategies do work. However, I think that a guide for say Iron Fist, The Rouge, Ishiman Quest and Audemedon Crisis would be better. Still, even just a guide for the stock scenario was a nice idea and I'm sure that some people will be happy that they were able to d/l it.

This post has been edited by Patrick : 25 September 2007 - 02:40 PM

Thanks. 🙂

------------------