Mission 20: The Mothership Connection

I have been having some problems,
I can kill the Gateship no problem, but it becomes a problem when I have to kill the six carriers. They stay grouped in a bunch and I can't seems to kill them with all the missles coming at me.

Help!

------------------
"A terrible darkness has fallen upon us, but we must not surrender to it. We shall lift lamps of courage and find our way through to the morning."
-Member of Emalgha Resistance

Dodge the missiles until they run out. Then circle the carriers until they run out of clustercell ammo. Then take them out... 😉

------------------
"You can get much further with kind words and a loaded gun than you can with kind words alone."
- Al Capone

Another option is to weave your way between the asteroids at hyperspace speeds. They should collide with them and blow up wonderfully.

------------------
Sundered Angel ,
The One and Only
Ares Webboard Moderator, and all-around Nice Guy

Bah. I was hoping the wink would stop people from posting that. That is the best tactic for that, though. I was just feeling like bugging people. Sorry.

------------------
"You can get much further with kind words and a loaded gun than you can with kind words alone."
- Al Capone

:rolleyes:

------------------

Thanks for the asteroid hint.
I'll try it and hopefully win.

~Patton

Mag Steelglass: I did that for over half an hour and then attacked their bloody fighters that were following, and I was killed by a carrier you jumped out right on top of me.

------------------
"A terrible darkness has fallen upon us, but we must not surrender to it. We shall lift lamps of courage and find our way through to the morning."
-Member of Emalgha Resistance

Originally posted by Sundered Angel:
**Another option is to weave your way between the asteroids at hyperspace speeds. They should collide with them and blow up wonderfully.

Heh, I always do that when doing that level, and it's fun! However it is very hard as well, because if you screw up once you are dead! Once, I tried that level while on hyperspace, and became the first human astronaut to go to hyperspace speeds, while not in a ship!! (i.e. The "astronaut" was just you jettisoning).

Originally posted by Sundered Angel:
Dodge the missiles until they run out. Then circle the carriers until they run out of clustercell ammo. Then take them out....

I've never tried that yet. Should be fun though. You can also just run circles around them while firing your Onas Pulse. You can do the same thing with Audemedon carriers.

------------------
To Escape Velocity: Nova and Beyond!

Hint: I've never done that before, either...

------------------
- Al Capone

Think of what it would be like to go through the entire game of Ares with a Cantharan Gateship!

------------------

Simple answer: Incredibly too easy, as opposed to way too easy. The game would be boring.

------------------
- Al Capone

Yeah, you're right. WAY too boring and WAY to easy.

------------------

(This message has been edited by Captain Carnotaur (edited 11-22-2000).)