Ares Question

I just wanted to know when did ambrosia take over developing ares. From what I rember the very first demo of ares was by a company called changelling. Does anyone else rember this

------------------

Nathan Lamont first went with changleing in releasing Ares. For some reason, using the traditional method of selling programs didn't meet his price quota, and he went to Ambrosia to try shareware. I'm pretty sure it's working better.

------------------
"I can ail what cures you."

i rember back in the old days before myth came out the orignal demo of ares, it was awseome i wanted it soo bad, but then the website said it didnt have it, i was depressed for a couple years :frown: well acuttaully depressed till myth came home a few weeks later, then i was as jolly as a little school boy. 🙂

------------------
I'm the scourge of the
New Republic, care to
join me?

I got ares Humm i think it was January!

------------------
Mag Steelglass i like him ok slug?

And then there was that thing on changeling that said it'd been finished and would start shipping soon...
Anyway, a couple of years later...

Sheppo

------------------
[http://www.crosswinds.net/~pshep/page
Yeah](http://www.crosswinds.net/~pshep/page<br />
Yeah), so what if I'm an Emo Nerd?

Actually, Ares was finished under Changeling "I should know I stested it all the way through beta and into GM". I think the fact that it took 2 years to develop was what killed it. Changeling was going to go publisher only after Ares "A Chess game or somehting made by the VP's friend was what was next" anyway... for one reason or another the whole thing went under and Changeling no longer exsists... Tos too bad =/ I liked he guys who worked there

------------------
Something has to change, Undenyable Dilemma, Boredom is not a burdan, Anyone should bear. -Tool

Umm was that message typed in some sort of secret code that only codetalkers can understand? Cause I sure couldn't...:-)

Sheppo

------------------
can't see too far. can't see too well.
it's all the ending and you're in hell.

Didn't Changling make Space Madness, too? Man, if there's ever a game that I have always wanted... I remember guys from the company coming down to my user group meeting back in the day... I was so enthralled playing it, I didn't even go to the Q & A session. 🙂 The concept of having different systems of your ship taking different amounts of damage (as opposed to the more common idea of everything's fine until your shields are gone, then you die) really appealed to me.

Anyway, just thought I'd reminisce while we were on the topic. (Sort of.)

------------------
"In times of stress, be bold and valiant". -Horace

I have no idea why it posted my message 3 times... all I did was hit "Edit", and it took me back to edit my post, and instead of updating it, it reposted. Please disregard (delete) all other messages but the 3rd (closest to this message).

------------------
"In times of stress, be bold and valiant". -Horace

I rember Space Madness, it always pissed me off, one second im doing fine the next second 5 torps blast my life support into olbivion, and then big red splotches appear all over myscreen, i was soo happy when i finally beat the last level of the demo. Whatever happpend to it....

------------------
I'm the scourge of the
New Republic, care to
join me?

Originally posted by KGB:
**I have no idea why it posted my message 3 times... all I did was hit "Edit", and it took me back to edit my post, and instead of updating it, it reposted. Please disregard (delete) all other messages but the 3rd (closest to this message).

It happens. It's ok.

------------------
Those who make up the rules, do not play the game. We, however, do.
-Imperial Captain Alexi Darvonsal
StarLance