New Game Idea

Hey!

As I wait for the full version/registration code of Coldstone to come in (it has been atleast a month, yes I have contacted lostcodes@ambrosiasw.com), I have another idea for a game (please, no one steal this!!!!)

Anyone remember the game squirrel kombat? I have it. I was playing it, and got the idea to make an rpg out of it. One problem though, I'd really want to have more than one character you can be. You know, choose them at the beginning. I may have a way to figure it out though....

When you click New Game, a dialogue will show up. You click on the desired character, and it adds that character as a global. I'd change the player map icon when the global is set. Example:

You chose Super Squirrel. (event is gb_ss is set, change player map icon to super squirrel map icon)

Any comments? Oh yeah, the villian is Military Muskrat (the guy you fight at the end of the tournament) and he is sending his minions out to take over the world. They are armed with bombs and such. Normal attack is a gun. Thoughts? Comments? Suggestions? Post please.

PS I have an iBook as my very own now!! 😄

------------------
"Perish in flames!"
Ghostbusters
Let us all scream that as we pass a windows users on the street, then point and laugh at them.
My game's (url="http://"http://glued2seatp.150m.com/")site(/url)

But couldn't you just utilise the race dialogue?
(Unless that's what you're doing already.)
Sounds like a good idea for a game, anyway.

------------------
Poor little Johnny, of whom we'll see no more, for what he thought was H2O was H2SO4.

Hey PB,

Like l said on irc, I think its a good idea. Like nero said, just use races like in the trinity plug for PoG. Sounds like a fun game. Send me a copy when your done.

------------------
CI-I@()s

Good idea, however, since it is almost entirely ripped from a current copyrighted game using material that you probably haven't gotten permission to use, your game will have to be free. Even then, though, you could possibly run into trouble if it is too much alike - Monkey Farm Software could easily ask you to remove your game if you choose to distribute it at all online (unless you change the squirrels' names, create your own sprites, and differentiate it so one would never know which came first).

I am a big supporter of ORIGINAL ideas. I think your idea is good, but you should take it and apply it in a different way (for example, use raccoons instead of squirrels, refrain from a strict tournament style, use animals that have different abilities and combos, etc).

------------------

Originally posted by artoo-detoo:
**Good idea, however, since it is almost entirely ripped from a current copyrighted game using material that you probably haven't gotten permission to use, your game will have to be free. Even then, though, you could possibly run into trouble if it is too much alike - Monkey Farm Software could easily ask you to remove your game if you choose to distribute it at all online (unless you change the squirrels' names, create your own sprites, and differentiate it so one would never know which came first).

I am a big supporter of ORIGINAL ideas. I think your idea is good, but you should take it and apply it in a different way (for example, use raccoons instead of squirrels, refrain from a strict tournament style, use animals that have different abilities and combos, etc).

Yeah, thanks, I'll be careful. I might not even distribute it though...Heh. This is mostly so I can make sure there's always a good game to play. 😉 Well, anyway, I am going to probably change the names and sprites, and it will not be like the tournament thing. Anyway, thanks for the support all. 😄

------------------
"Perish in flames!"
Ghostbusters
Let us all scream that as we pass a windows users on the street, then point and laugh at them.
My game's (url="http://"http://glued2seatp.150m.com/")site(/url)

Actually, I'd recommend using Class instead of race, as in my opinion, classes are more customisable, with skill tables and whatnot.

Anyway Bunny, here's a brief description on how you'd do it.

Create a new global, call it character. Then create an event, in which the global gb_character is set to &&Job.; In the event "Main.cet" create an event call that calls up the event you just made. (You might be thinking you could just set the global in Main.cet, but it doesn't work, for some odd reason. Make sure you call the event first on the list, too).

Now, create a new map of width 1x1, call it "load". Create a corresponding location. Now, in the location's local initialising event, create conditionals to check what gb_character. If, for example, gb_character is set to supersquirrel, have it call an event that a) sets the map to Super Squirrel Land, 🆒 changes the player's map position, and c) sets the player's map display to the super squirrel.

Easy, yes? 😉

-Andiyar

------------------
"Any good that I may do here, let me do now, for I may not pass this way again"