shooting+access+origin

question 1

i have this tank, it has a cannon, i want the bullet to come out the cannon but when the tank spins, the cannon moves so the bullet comes from the center of the tank, is there any way i can change the origin of the bullets?

question 2

when i am in my game, i tried hiding behind palm trees so the tank bullets would not hit me, but they did, yes, i changed the access for the palmtrees. any ideas therE?

thanks, tony

------------------
tony

Originally posted by tony_acuna:
**question 1
i have this tank, it has a cannon, i want the bullet to come out the cannon but when the tank spins, the cannon moves so the bullet comes from the center of the tank, is there any way i can change the origin of the bullets?
question 2
when i am in my game, i tried hiding behind palm trees so the tank bullets would not hit me, but they did, yes, i changed the access for the palmtrees. any ideas therE?

I believe no and no. I doubt that you can change the origin of the bullets.
As for question 2, that is definantly out of the question. Access only dictates where the player can go, but bullets, projectiles, etc. can still travel anywhere.
It has been suggested that Dee make multiple layers of access: one for sight, one for projectiles, and one for traveling. But, as has been said, Dee appears to be preoccupied with other projects at the moment.

------------------
Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool.
"Logic is futile"-Scott Adams

My first thoughts on question 2 without trying them out, is to make the bullet an npc. That way it can't go over blocked squares. But remember to make the animation so that the npc can only travel unidirectionally (unless of course you wanted a "magic bullet"). You then course also have the problem of choose the appropriate bullet npc for each direction that the tank fires in. Hope this helps you.

Gallandro

------------------
"(Even though you just obliterated a fleet of Galaxy Destroyers) Prepare to die!" says the confederate gunboat pilot.

Originally posted by spitfire:
**I believe no and no. I doubt that you can change the origin of the bullets.
As for question 2, that is definantly out of the question. Access only dictates where the player can go, but bullets, projectiles, etc. can still travel anywhere.
It has been suggested that Dee make multiple layers of access: one for sight, one for projectiles, and one for traveling. But, as has been said, Dee appears to be preoccupied with other projects at the moment.

However, it should be possible to sort of 'fake' the projectile missing. Simply make it's range one tile less than where you stand in the trees, and it won't hit you. Of course, this still has the problem of the cannon ball just dissappearing.

-Andiyar

------------------
"Any good that I may do here, let me do now, for I may not pass this way again"

Originally posted by Tarnćlion Andiyarus:
**Of course, this still has the problem of the cannon ball just dissappearing.

And it wouldn't work well with moving hostiles.

------------------
Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool.
"Logic is futile"-Scott Adams