The Legend of Dante

I plan on uploading the website for my new game, The Legend of Dante, by Monday. This game stands out of the crowd.

The Legend of Dante brings back the old-school style RPG graphics that made games like Chrono Trigger and The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past famous. This creates the fantastic gameplay environment that kept you at your game system for days on end, ignoring the rest of the world because you were a part of the one on your television screen.

In addition to the classic part of the game, there are also many features that show advances in technology since the classic rpg era. All of the cut scenes and the introduction will be done in Flash format with stunning graphics using a new style created by Christian Saxton (me) for this game, which utilizes actual photos in the creation of characters, human or otherwise. Also, the bosses are fully rendered in 3D, enhancing the gaming experience.

There will be very little, if any (I haven't decided yet), written test in this game. I'm already starting to work with some friends of mine on voice acting and I have gained possession of a fantastic sound editor which allows me to broaden my already large range of voices.

When the website is launched there will be some interesting things present on it:

•The storyline of the game (which will also soon be submitted as a chronicle)
•Bits of artwork from the game
•A few screenshots
•Constant updates on progress
•A short early preview

Well, I just thought that I'd tell you guys here on the board before the rest of the world, so post a reply, tell me what you think of my ideas. Thanks!

------------------
-50B3R K3NNy

sounds like it'll be a very sharp production,
it's going to be huge at least in bitwise, voice acting and flash(i was unaware of the use of that format in Coldstone, is it native or are you doing it outside of the Coldstone enviroment), are you planning on pressing any editions of this masterpiece?
hopefully i'll have broadband by then..good luck and good marketing strategy.

------------------
"iLL, in eLL's clothing"
UBB master
(url="http://"http://www.geocities.com/ellrx/index.html")Preparing to undergo structural rebuild(/url)
Posted Image

(This message has been edited by ellrx (edited 08-17-2002).)

Originally posted by ellrx:
**... and flash(i was unaware of the use of that format in Coldstone, is it native or are you doing it outside of the Coldstone enviroment)...

Anything that QuickTime can play, Coldstone should be able to use, but I'd check if I were you. Flash should work, but if it doesn't, you can always export to a QuickTime movie first. 🙂

------------------
Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool.
"Logic is futile"-Scott Adams

The thing with the flash animations is that you can publish them in .mov format, which is playable in Coldstone and, as so far, they have been small. I admit that the voice acting will take up a lot of space, compressed or not, which is why I'm debating it. Thanks for the feedback.

------------------
-50B3R K3NNy

Sounds like a good game, soberkenny. When the site is up, post the link in the Coldstone Links page so we can visit eh?

As to voice acting, might I suggest that you include the standard dialogue boxes, along with the sound files of the voice acting? That way, if people wish, they can still glean the story, but skip VA if they feel it is taking too long. 🙂

-Andiyar

------------------
"Any good that I may do here, let me do now, for I may not pass this way again"

Thanks, Tarnćlion, that was the other option that I was considering. Though I will definitely have better and quicker voice acting than the Diablo games. It is definetly a good idea to have the text there for those who read quickly and are bored easily.

------------------
-50B3R K3NNy

Originally posted by soberkenny:
**Thanks, Tarnćlion, that was the other option that I was considering. Though I will definitely have better and quicker voice acting than the Diablo games. It is definetly a good idea to have the text there for those who read quickly and are bored easily.

better yet the Myst II, tutorial ::shudder::, and i think we've all played a few games here the programmer thought it would be cool to use his voice in the game...everything. Exporting/converting, forgot all about it...

------------------
"iLL, in eLL's clothing"
I needed to consolidate my handles

Update:

Some friends of mine needed an urgent favor, so now I must balance my time between The Legend of Dante and this other project. This means that it may be anywhere from one to two weeks before the website is online. As much as I regret not being able to put all of my energy into working on my game, I have a commitment to my friends. Thanks.

------------------
-50B3R K3NNy