Loading Dialogue is stuffed.

The loading dialogue in my game shows up much, much larger than its supposed to be, and is. Does anyone know what is causing this problem and/or how to solve it?

------------------

Originally posted by nero:
The loading dialogue in my game shows up much, much larger than its supposed to be, and is. Does anyone know what is causing this problem and/or how to solve it?

Mr. Nero,

What are the dimensions you have set for your loading dialogue? I would be surprised if the game engine does not fit the dialogue to the screen, so that if you have say a 320X240 graphic then the engine will automatically expand it to be 640X480(and thus double its size).

A workaround I used was to create a backing that was just over the size of the screen(650X488) and then I pasted my picture directly into the center of it and saved it. Then I used this new picture as the graphic, and no resizing was done.

Granted, what I was doing was within the confines of a plug-in for PoG and not in a new game, but it sounds remarkably similar to what you are experiencing. Give it a quick whirl and see if that fixes your problem.

Good luck.

------------------
"Usenet is like a herd of performing elephants with diarrhea --
massive, difficult to redirect, awe-inspiring, entertaining, and a
source of mind-boggling amounts of excrement when you least expect
it." -- Gene Spafford, 1992

No, a loading dialog can be more or less any size. (Mine is roughly 300x100, and it works just fine in my game.)

A question: does the dialog appear as the correct size when you edit its layout in the Game Options?

Also, check the resolution of the image you're using. Coldstone will likely do strange things if your graphics are not 72 dpi, and that may be the cause of what you're seeing.

------------------
Who are the people most opposed to escapism? Jailors! - C.S. Lewis
Only member of the webboard to gain 2 karma points by writing a flame, and openly atychiphobic since 2000.

I've justed checked the resolution. Now that it's back to 72 the loading dialogue works fine. Thanks!

------------------