An Ares Ladder/Ranking System

There is a very real possibility that an Ares ladder will soon come into being. It would be a point based sort of thing. (i.e. If you win you get a certain number of points which depends on what ranking your opponent has.) If any of you know of Magleague, it would operate in that way. You could then actually back up your bragging. 😉 I wondered what people's thoughts are on this. Also, I will probably get some help from people who play it alot, to put together a NetLevel Pack. There would be support for organizing tournaments and also would include the ability to join clans. There will be a system for determining which clan holds mastery over the others. 😃 Anyway, tell me what you think.

------------------
And so the problem remained; lots of people were mean, and most of them were miserable, even the ones with digital watches. Many were increasingly of the opinion that they had all made a big mistake in coming down from the trees in the first place. And some said that the trees had been a bad move and that no one should ever have left the oceans.

HAHA no chance

well maybe a little chance

ponders

------------------

Nah. I'm an oldie and I've seen this tried before. The closest we've gotten is tournements.

-Slug, the second-best Ares player in the world

------------------
Oh, I'm not saying those Alduran ships are bad. In fact, they make excellent minesweepers. Once.

-Orion Axis General Marxx
StarLance

It seems like an idea. But, don't halt halfway-if you're going to do it, do it completely.

------------------

I don't really want a ladder. Tourneys each week or each couple of weeks is fine for me.

- Mag Steelglass, the best Ares player in the world

------------------
"I can ail what cures you."

I swear I'm going to paste you next time, Gag Steelmass. 🙂

------------------
Oh, I'm not saying those Alduran ships are bad. In fact, they make excellent minesweepers. Once.

-Orion Axis General Marxx
StarLance

I wouldn't doubt it. I don't think I'm any better than you, Slug. I just got more lucky than you did.

------------------

Any of you play Warcraft? This is another incarnation of Mag, by myself and the only people (not trying to make myself sound important....they will be doing most of the work) who currently work on Mag Warcraft stuff. It will be perfectly plausible and will work perfectly well...., as long as people use it. It is not some sort of informal thing. You will have to join (get a user name and password) and the chat which will be the main connector is already around and will soon (I don't know how soon) have to be accessed by a Mag userID and password. Ask someone who plays warcraft, and chances are, they have heard of Mag. It worked good. You would play your game, then go to the website and submit your win, they would then e-mail (it is required for a Mag membership) the loser telling him to confirm (on the website) the loss. There was never any problems (to my knowledge) of people not confirming. And if there are I am sure one of us (I think I would be in charge of it) could settle it.

------------------
And so the problem remained; lots of people were mean, and most of them were miserable, even the ones with digital watches. Many were increasingly of the opinion that they had all made a big mistake in coming down from the trees in the first place. And some said that the trees had been a bad move and that no one should ever have left the oceans.

I have played but i have never won, though i do think that I could beet anyof you in that any why im pretty sure, that I could beat you all in ares, anyway EMINEM i think you should cool down alittle, I played you and when i started to win you just quit and said the game started to not be fun. That sounds alittle weird to me, in the game you kept saying that you where so good and i beat you, so if hes the best here and i beat him then i could surely beat all of you. If hes the best that is.

lol

i want mags butt on a platter just as much as you do. He beat me cause i forgot to chnge the color of his ships. come to the tourny and get your chance

-pyro(the third best in the world)

------------------

Hah! Eminem is a horrible player! I wouldn't doubt that he's the worst on the boards.

------------------

In those "human vs. ______" games of his, when he's human and you're whatever you want, he could at least build gunships. But noooooo he has to hyperbomb me with cruisers. :rolleyes:

Hey don't be offended, Eminem, I've seen worch. Muuuuuuuch worse, but you're probably the worst clanmember.

------------------
Good laws are produced by extremely bad manners.
-Alduran Pirate Captain Macrobius
StarLance

(This message has been edited by Slug (edited 10-08-2000).)

Hehehe, start me off as #1. That way I can see what it is like to be there until the first game 😄

------------------
How strange... To have gone so far and to want so little.

(url="http://"http://www.adcritic.com/content/fake-movie-star-wars-episode-2.html")http://www.adcritic....-episode-2.html(/url)

🙂

------------------
And so the problem remained; lots of people were mean, and most of them were miserable, even the ones with digital watches. Many were increasingly of the opinion that they had all made a big mistake in coming down from the trees in the first place. And some said that the trees had been a bad move and that no one should ever have left the oceans. - Douglass Adams