Longer class descriptions?

I'm becoming increasingly annoyed at the way Coldstone truncates my class descriptions, even before they hit the limit of the selection dialogue. Is there any way around this? My rpg is rather class oriented, and most of the descriptions read something like this:

Trained as a Blacksmith, you have built up some impressive muscle from
pounding away on steel all day. However, your simple profession
never left you much time for "book learnin'". You have occasionaly used your
hammer on softer things than steel and your opponents immediately
recognize your skill. Your familiarity with the heavier implaments of
war also make you more adept at wielding them in combat.

Definitely longer than the short little blurbs allowed by Coldstone.

------------------
Non cognosco quo modo dicere linguam latinam bene.

Originally posted by LoneIgadzra:
I'm becoming increasingly annoyed at the way Coldstone truncates my class descriptions, even before they hit the limit of the selection dialogue. Is there any way around this?

Mr. LoneIgadzra,

How are you setting up the dialogues to display? Do you have a menu where they can select a class they are interested in and you then show them the dialogue about that class? If you do it this way then create a seperate event(call it something like, "Display Blacksmith Description") and place several dialogue boxes, one after the other, in the Main List. Then write up your description over several dialogue boxes. The player will click OK or whatever when they finish reading the screen, and then will be sent on to the next page of description. At the end of the event send them back to wherever they were before they opted to read the class info.

Make sense, or are you looking to do something else?

Hmm... here's another thought if the above isn't your cup of tea. Make your own graphic that has the dialogue superimposed upon it. And then instead of using the text dialogue box, have the dialogue bring up your graphic that they can then read and click on when they are finished reading it. Would this work better?

Good luck.

------------------
"Usenet is like a herd of performing elephants with diarrhea --
massive, difficult to redirect, awe-inspiring, entertaining, and a
source of mind-boggling amounts of excrement when you least expect
it." -- Gene Spafford, 1992

I'm using the built in class selection dialogue. Didn't know there was any other way to do it.

------------------
Non cognosco quo modo dicere linguam latinam bene.