Why we chose the name we chose!

Punkster, you could always make a new account with a different name and tell us you changed it...

------------------
"I can ail what cures you."

No, I am not a fan of Gengrich, as you might have guessed. I chose Newt because backwards, it spells Twen. No, wait, that can't be it. I honestly don't know how I came up with this name, but I've used it for like everything for about 4 or 5 years now, and no one's complained, so why would I change it for Ares board registration?

Punkster, what are you into? Hardcore, old-school? Like what bands?

------------------
Did you feed us tales of deceit
Conceal the tongues who need to speak
Subtle lies and a soiled coin
The truth is sold, the deal is done
-Portishead, "Coyboys"

I chose Fenix because I like Preator Femix and starcraft

------------------

i chose Tallgeese3 because that mech is awesome
watch Gundam Wing : Endless Duel

------------------
Do Or Do Not , There Is
No Try (Yoda from "The
Empire Strikes Back")

Mag: Yeah, I could, but it'd mean I have to get another e-mail address, because I already registered on about 3 different ones and forgot the passwords and then couldn't be bothered getting them mailed to me. I really couldn't be stuffed even creating a new account. So Punkster stays for the time being.

Sheppo

------------------
"I stand on a building and throw up my arms to the sky
I swallow my pride and admit that it's not always best to understand the reason why
It's just not the same when you wake up in the morning with a smile on your face
When you know you lied yourself to sleep to make it better"
-Mineral, "Slower"

Originally posted by Tallgeese3:
**i chose Tallgeese3 because that mech is awesome
watch Gundam Wing : Endless Duel

Isn't it Endless Waltz?

Newt - The punk I used to be into was all sorts - Dead Kennedys, NOFX, Misfits, Vandals, Propagandhi, Sick of it all...

Now however, I'm more of an emo/indie-rock guy - I like everything from Mineral to SDRE to Planes Mistaken for stars to Pixies...

Sheppo

------------------
"I stand on a building and throw up my arms to the sky
I swallow my pride and admit that it's not always best to understand the reason why
It's just not the same when you wake up in the morning with a smile on your face
When you know you lied yourself to sleep to make it better"
-Mineral, "Slower"

Eminem- I would, but I'm a little busy IRL right now, so I can't take on any extra commitments.

------------------
Sundered Angel ,
The One and Only

Ares Webboard Moderator, and all-around Nice Guy

really u would?

------------------
Mag Steelglass, an old friend who aild what cured me many times!
•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
Kristina Agulara sucks!

Mercendalis? Where did that come from? Well, if you take a look at one of the data files from ShatterBat (an old Mac 3d title) one of the files is named Mercendalis. I just love nicks that take awhile to explain.

------------------

Origonally the paladin hero in WarCraft II. Then I found I misspelled his name on other things I had intended (the real one is True'ylan) and the real one was taken...so I kept this one.

Notes that he was talking gibberish and now everyone is confused

------------------

I chose mine cus I played FF8 alot before I went online and Zell with his kick ass and Dont think before you leap attitude was my favourite character on FF8. So when I finished FF8 completely (killing Omega Weapon and all) and went online I chose Zell as my name.

Zell

------------------
-------------------------
Shoot!There goes my...
(BANG)
Oops!I didnt do it, nobody saw me do it, You can prove anythin...
(BANG)

That's actually a nice name. I probably would have chosen a name like that (such as Slug) because it's simple and easy to remember.

------------------
Give a man a match and he'll be warm for an hour... Set him on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.
-Polaris Confederate Recruitmant Theme
StarLance

Who wants to guess about ElGuapo7?

BTW, this is my first post on the Ares board. (I'm an EV, EV/O guy usually)

Y'know, I played the original Changeling version of Ares - many, many years ago. MAybe I'll D/L the Ambrosia Ares sometime...

ElG7

------------------
KIRK: Very funny, Scotty - now beam down my clothes!

Captain Canardley Ableson's Technical Guide to the EV/O Universe
http://www.ambrosiasw.com/cgi-bin/vftp/dl-...=TechFolder.sit

I chose Talon Karrde because i really like being a freelancer/mercenary. besides the character himself is really cool.

------------------
'Light a man a fire and he'll be warm for one night. Set him on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.' Terry Pratchett

Originally posted by Talon Karrde:
**I chose Talon Karrde because i really like being a freelancer/mercenary. besides the character himself is really cool.

Except the Wild Karrde really sucks!

------------------
I have a plan so ingenius even an idiot could have devised it. On my command, we will line up our ships and fly straight into the enemy death-cannons clogging them with wreckage.

Stop Exploding you cowards!

Talon Kaarde STOLE MY SIG!

------------------
Give a man a match and he'll be warm for an hour... Set him on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.
-Polaris Confederate Recruitmant Theme
StarLance

no he didn't!

------------------
Mag Steelglass i like him ok slug?

I chose Captain Calculas because one day I was bored and searching through my bookcase for a book to read. Then I noticed I had a Tintin comic book. I picked it up and sat in my chair reading it. There was an interesting little joke which I thought was really quite interesting and since the professor's name is Cuthbert Calculas, I decided to become a Captain Calculas because Captain and Calculas go together.

Even though I'm thinking of switching to another name which suits my character much more. It was fortunate I chose Captain Calculas instead of... but never mind, that is a story for another time.

--------------------------
"And so my fellow Americans. Ask not, what your country can do for you. But what you, can do for..... Ma leg ma freakin' leg!" - The Speech We Never Heard

Wrong!! Ha, you thought my name came from EV, but actually I first used it thinking of Lloyd Alexander's excellent books. However, now I think of it in the bird of prey sense.

------------------
And so the problem remained; lots of people were mean, and most of them were miserable, even the ones with digital watches. Many were increasingly of the opinion that they had all made a big mistake in coming down from the trees in the first place. And some said that the trees had been a bad move and that no one should ever have left the oceans.