Classes

I have been trying to get certain events to happen based on class, for example, if you are an archer and you open a certain chest, you get a type of bow; but if you were a swordsman, you would get a sword instead of a bow. I also noticed that there is no tag value or conditional variable relating to classes, what do I do?

------------------
(Quote) I think that the
surest sign of
intelligent life in the
universe is that none of

Originally posted by BryceCubed:
**I have been trying to get certain events to happen based on class, for example, if you are an archer and you open a certain chest, you get a type of bow; but if you were a swordsman, you would get a sword instead of a bow. I also noticed that there is no tag value or conditional variable relating to classes, what do I do?

The variable for classes is &&Job.; Simply load this into a global variable, and then use conditionals to check the variable, and use the result to add items, etc. 🙂

-Andiyar

------------------
"Any good that I may do here, let me do now, for I may not pass this way again"

(Edit)Thanks for that stray. Sorry Bryce, I was in a hurry when I posted this originally. The correct value is, as stray mentioned, &&Job.; (/Edit)

(This message has been edited by Tarnćlion Andiyarus (edited 06-13-2002).)

So why did I not see that in the manual?

Originally posted by BryceCubed:
So why did I not see that in the manual?

cuz the all knowing, all editing mod is wrong the global is &&Job; not &&Class.;

try page 47 of the manual for a list of globals.

~stray

------------------
"A Happy Wife, A Happy Life."
See CGE_Tips at:
http://coldroom.150m...f/CGE_Tips.html

Thanks Straytoaster, I would not have seen that if you had not pointed it out to me. For those who are working on the latest update patch, could you do something about that?

------------------
(Quote) I think that the
surest sign of
intelligent life in the
universe is that none of