Can you make a minimap

Can you make a minimap in a coldstone game. If you don't know what a mini map is it basicly the same thing as the map in pillars of garendal except i want it to always be at the side of the map. small of course. Is it possible?

------------------
Thanks,
GrahamVH

Originally posted by GrahamVH:
**Can you make a minimap in a coldstone game. If you don't know what a mini map is it basicly the same thing as the map in pillars of garendal except i want it to always be at the side of the map. small of course. Is it possible?

Mr. GrahamVH,

Yes you can make a mini-map, but if you want the map to include more than one area map then it will require a bit of strategerie.

In the map maker menu there is a toolbar which has as an option, "Generate Map Preview" or something similar to that. If you select this option then you will be asked for the size of the map. Tell it how big you want it and click ok. It will then create the map for you and save it. If this is all you want, then you now have it.

If you want your "mega small map" to include more than 1 area, then you will need to create map previews of all your areas, then import them into the graphics editor of your choice, line them up, then save it as a single picture file. You now have your map to do with as you would like.

Make sense?

------------------
Calvin: People think it must be fun to be a super genius, but they don't realize how hard it is to put up with all the idiots in the world.

Hobbes: Isn't your pants' zipper supposed to be in the front?

Originally posted by GrahamVH:
**Can you make a minimap in a coldstone game. If you don't know what a mini map is it basicly the same thing as the map in pillars of garendal except i want it to always be at the side of the map. small of course. Is it possible?

Do you mean a minimap as in similar to those in RTS games like Myth and Starcraft that shows your position in the location, then changes to reflect your movements, etc? If so, I don't think so.

You could probably display a little map in the corner of the level if you wished to that would give a sneak peek at what is up ahead, but creating the actual icon representing the player's movement..... that would be rather difficult. Almost impossible, I'd think. 🙂

-Andiyar

------------------
"Any good that I may do here, let me do now, for I may not pass this way again"

Originally posted by Tarnćlion Andiyarus:
**Do you mean a minimap as in similar to those in RTS games like Myth and Starcraft that shows your position in the location, then changes to reflect your movements, etc? If so, I don't think so.

You could probably display a little map in the corner of the level if you wished to that would give a sneak peek at what is up ahead, but creating the actual icon representing the player's movement..... that would be rather difficult. Almost impossible, I'd think. 🙂

-Andiyar

That's exactly what I want but I have no clue how to make it. Does anyone else know how?

------------------
Thanks,
GrahamVH