Shooting

Is there any way that i can make my character shoot at the NPCs? i wanna make a WWII or vietnam game

plz help and you will play it one day

------------------
tony

Originally posted by tony_acuna:
**Is there any way that i can make my character shoot at the NPCs? i wanna make a WWII or vietnam game

Yes, you will need to create a range weapon. The character can then shoot a gun at the NPC - it is like in POG when the hero shoots an arrow at a NPC.

------------------
Squak - the seal
makes the noise not
the approval

yummy, very tasty, but how do i do it?

------------------
tony

**yummy, very tasty, but how do i do it?

Firstly, you'll need animations for the bullets, for the gun, and for the player using the weapons. Then, you'll need to create an appropriate ranged weapon, give it to the player, create an NPC that you can test it on, and test it.

Note that that is a basic rundown, the actual procedure takes a fair bit longer. Check out the Coldstone Manual for hints on how to do it in more depth. 🙂

-Andiyar

------------------
"Any good that I may do here, let me do now, for I may not pass this way again"
Unless it involves pipeline of course. Bloody nuisance.

You could - if you purchased Coldstone using the future set that has all that included and try it out and then modifiy what you need to make it fit into your senario

------------------
Squak - the seal
makes the noise not
the approval

**Is there any way that i can make my character shoot at the NPCs? i wanna make a WWII or vietnam game

Ok Tony, I just spent two days trying to answer your question about SHOOTING and I came up with a 5 page tutorial with step by step graphic pictures Snapped right out of Coldstone with SnapZ Pro2. I just completed uploading it and so as soon as the man from down under 🙂 wakes up and puts it on the web, you will have all your questions answered. I hope I get a copy of that game some day.

In my tutorial I left out a very crucial step. :frown: In the animator, make sure you set the directional button at the bottom to 360 degrees, otherwise the bullet won't go very far.

Never give up, never say die.

------------------

(This message has been edited by Toast (edited 05-27-2002).)

(This message has been edited by Toast (edited 05-28-2002).)