A Note About Submitting Files

Just a quick note to those of you who are uploading graphics sets, etc. When you do submit a file, can you please make sure that you include a file description. It doesn't have to be long, just a quick note about what is in the file. Otherwise, I have to download them, look at them, and then describe them myself. This might not sound like a big deal, but currently, Ambrosia's server won't let me connect to it's ftp site (massive traffic, probably) and downloading those files on a slow dialup connection can take quite a while.

So please, just take a few more minutes to enter a description, and you'll be making my life a bit easier, and of course, your file will be online that much quicker. Thanks! ๐Ÿ™‚

-Andiyar

------------------
"Any good that I may do here, let me do now, for I may not pass this way again"

(QUOTE)Originally posted by Tarnฤ‡lion Andiyarus:
(B)Just a quick note to those of you who are uploading graphics sets, etc. When you do submit a file, can you please make sure that you include a file description. It doesn't have to be long, just a quick note about what is in the file. Otherwise, I have to download them, look at them, and then describe them myself. This might not sound like a big deal, but currently, Ambrosia's server won't let me connect to it's ftp site (massive traffic, probably) and downloading those files on a slow dialup connection can take quite a while.

So please, just take a few more minutes to enter a description, and you'll be making my life a bit easier, and of course, your file will be online that much quicker. Thanks! ๐Ÿ™‚

-Andiyar
Sorry, maybe I'm the culprit. I uploaded a graphic of a young boy hero with a long discription. However, when you posted it my description was cut down to one sentence. So I assumed I said too much and shortened my description of my next two graphic uploads. The Devil and the Robot. What can I say? They are animations in the size and standard of POG. Which was recommended on another thread about graphics. Didn't mean to cause a problem. I have a few more I'm working on because there seems to be a good response. And I love doing it in hopes I might keep the game interest alive. I'm working on a female warrior and a water creature.

Bob Plate
Toast
from Texas
rplate@vvm.com

------------------

Originally posted by Toast:
**< snip!>

You know, Toast, I am still very interested in seeing the finished verison of the water creature. Just buzz me when you have more done, I thought the pre-lims were pretty good.

------------------
"... For in that sleep of death, what dreams may come when we have shuffled off this mortal coil must give us pause..." - Willaim Shakespeare, Hamlet

(This message has been edited by Celchu (edited 05-19-2002).)

Originally posted by Toast:
Sorry, maybe I'm the culprit. I uploaded a graphic of a young boy hero with a long discription. However, when you posted it my description was cut down to one sentence. So I assumed I said too much and shortened my description of my next two graphic uploads. The Devil and the Robot. What can I say? They are animations in the size and standard of POG. Which was recommended on another thread about graphics. Didn't mean to cause a problem. I have a few more I'm working on because there seems to be a good response. And I love doing it in hopes I might keep the game interest alive. I'm working on a female warrior and a water creature.

Hrm. My apologies then Toast. It's just that the files in the upcoming area have had their descriptions stripped........ sa in gone, finis, nothing. That one line for the boy hero was composed by me very quickly at about 1am a few days back now....... I was a bit short of time....

If you'd like..... email me the descriptions for the Devil and the Robot at andiyar@ihug.com.au, and I'll manually place them in. I'll also have to drop Andrew an email about it, I think. Asgard might still have a few wrinkles to iron out! ๐Ÿ™‚

As soon as you send me the descriptions, I'll release the files. Whenever you're ready. ๐Ÿ™‚

-Andiyar

------------------
"Any good that I may do here, let me do now, for I may not pass this way again"

Descriptions have been known to be lost from time to time...I'm not sure what the rhyme or reason behind it is. I've had some lost, and some stay.

๐Ÿคท

p.s. And I just checked your topic titles, and you don't have spaces & capital letters...so it must be different from the download count bug.

------------------
Legends fade and die.

Thinking for yourself is a wonderful thing.