How do you not allow blocking in a game

How do you make it so you can't block. I need this because it completely unbalences my game to allo you to block.

------------------
Thanks
GrahamVH

Don't make a block animation and don't make any shield items. I think.

------------------
The greatest of harm can result from the best of intentions — Wizard's Second Rule, Stone of Tears.
— Cafall

Originally posted by GrahamVH:
How do you make it so you can't block. I need this because it completely unbalences my game to allo you to block.

Mr. GrahamVH,

I wonder.. Would making a key definition of the blocking key (Z) which changed it to do something else work?

I haven't fiddled around with remapping the coded key definitions, so I don't know if you could over-ride it with a locally set key definition. If this is possible though, then I would think that would be the easiest thing to do.

(edit) Because I can (/edit)
(edit)So can I 😉 -Andiyar (/edit)
(edit) No you can't. I just put your name in above so you'd feel special (/edit)
(edit) Yes, I admit it. I didn't do anything, I'm sorry. I'm going to go sulk now. 😉 (/edit)
------------------
Calvin: People think it must be fun to be a super genius, but they don't realize how hard it is to put up with all the idiots in the world.

Hobbes: Isn't your pants' zipper supposed to be in the front?

(This message has been edited by Stark Bledfast (edited 05-10-2002).)

(This message has been edited by Tarnćlion Andiyarus (edited 05-10-2002).)

(This message has been edited by Stark Bledfast (edited 05-14-2002).)

(This message has been edited by Tarnćlion Andiyarus (edited 05-14-2002).)

...(edit)So can I;) -Andiyar (/edit)

Oooh. I think Andiyar is becoming a little too comfortable with his new-found abilities. 🙂

(edit: ahh, nevermind)
(edit)Don't worry, I'm not abusing them much. 😉 -Andiyar(/edit)
------------------
Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool.

(This message has been edited by spitfire (edited 05-10-2002).)

(This message has been edited by Tarnćlion Andiyarus (edited 05-10-2002).)

Yeah Andiyar, perhaps you'd better sit in this quiet corner for a while. 🙂

------------------
The greatest of harm can result from the best of intentions — Wizard's Second Rule, Stone of Tears.
— Cafall

Sorry ladies and gents, I let him escape from his pen...

***Locks andiyar back in his box.

------------------
Ladies and Gentlemen, as you know we have something special for you at
Birdland this evening. A recording for Blue Note Records...

"Actions have reactions, don't be quick to judge, you may not know the hardships people don't speak of,
It's best to step back, and observe with couth, for we all must meet our moment of truth." - (url="http://"http://www.OHHLA.com/anonymous/gngstarr/moment/moment.gsr.txt")Guru(/url)

/me brings up the past.

Lesson Time!

'This is your brain."

A picture of a human brain is held up.

"And this is your brain on mod."

Four armed men drag a cage inside. Inside is Andiyar, sitting at a desk, foaming at the mouth and begging for biscuits. He snarls at the class, and a guard smacks him on the head with a baton. Andiyar latches on to the weapon, pulls the guard in, and messily devours the poor guy. Screams erupt.

"The lesson is, children, don't get hooked on mod."

😄

------------------
"... For in that sleep of death, what dreams may come when we have shuffled off this mortal coil must give us pause..." - Willaim Shakespeare, Hamlet

Originally posted by Celchu:
**/me brings up the past.

<snip>

😄

Disclaimer: I am not to be held accountable here for any behaviour witnessed on ezboard, especially that of assuming the identity of a ravening, carnivorous, but intelligent acacia plant. Thankyou for you time. 🙂

-Andiyar

------------------
"Any good that I may do here, let me do now, for I may not pass this way again"

Back to the stuff about blocking...

When you make a game, you set a key that you press to block. I'd think that you can just not make a key for that.

------------------
So what if I'm paranoid.
There COULD be mind control drugs in my marshmellows.

Originally posted by unknown:
**Back to the stuff about blocking...

When you make a game, you set a key that you press to block. I'd think that you can just not make a key for that.

Actually, blocking is a part of the engine which is hard-coded into every CGE game. The "Z" key automatically blocks, all you have to do is make a blocking animation. Therefore, the only way to prevent blocking in a game is to not make a blocking animation and to not make any shield items (since they wouldn't have any effect).

------------------
— Cafall

(This message has been edited by Cafall (edited 05-13-2002).)

Originally posted by Cafall:
**Actually, blocking is a part of the engine which is hard-coded into every CGE game. The "Z" key automatically blocks, all you have to do is make a blocking animation. Therefore, the only way to prevent blocking in a game is to not make a blocking animation and to not make any shield items (since they wouldn't have any effect).

I do not have a block animation, and you can still block. It just makes makes it so there is a blocking sound when you are hit and makes it worse because there is no delay in the block. In POG bosses could attack through your shield, how would I go about doing that?

------------------
Thanks
GrahamVH

Originally posted by GrahamVH:
**I do not have a block animation, and you can still block. It just makes makes it so there is a blocking sound when you are hit and makes it worse because there is no delay in the block.

Find where the blocking sound i specified and pull it up by the roots.

In POG bosses could attack through your shield, how would I go about doing that?

I don't think they could and anyway, if you don't have a shield and there's no blocking sound or animation, it doesn't matter, since there's no effect.

------------------
— Cafall

Originally posted by Cafall:
**I don't think they could and anyway, if you don't have a shield and there's no blocking sound or animation, it doesn't matter, since there's no effect.

Well i think u can set it up so you can have blocking thru a shield/defenses, set up a conditional that states
if
"defensive power rate < attack power of assailant
then
attack power of assailant - defensive power rate = difference
stamina - difference = damage

...and so forth to give you an idea

------------------
Download my current game 'Tandum- (*)' on my site at (url="http://"http://www.geocities.com/ellrx/index.html")http://www.geocities...llrx/index.html(/url) go now
Posted Image