Compiling/Decompiling

Is it possible to compile a game in the middle of creation to make a demo? Also, can an existing game be broken back down and looked at from within the engine for learning purposes? Thanks

------------------

Originally posted by dampeoples:
**Is it possible to compile a game in the middle of creation to make a demo? Also, can an existing game be broken back down and looked at from within the engine for learning purposes? Thanks

1. - Yes, quite possible. Just choose 'Project: Build Release' at any time to compile the game. As long as all necessary startgame events are present, then it should run fine.

2. - Not if you Build a release, creating the dataxxx.dat files, etc. I believe that it is impossble to take these files apart so as to see what is inside them. However, if you wish to make this possible for your own game, when it is done select 'Project: Build and Launch' to create an app that will run from your raw data, then include all of the events, locations, pics etc. folders as your game. This will be easily viewable in Coldstone, but is probably not that great an idea - hackability, etc. 🙂

-Andiyar

------------------
"Any good that I may do here, let me do now, for I may not pass this way again"

"However, if you wish to make this possible for your own game, when it is done select 'Project: Build and Launch' to create an app that will run from your raw data, then include all of the events, locations, pics etc. folders as your game. This will be easily viewable in Coldstone, but is probably not that great an idea - hackability, etc."

I am assuming you are referring to a game that can be broken down here. I was really just wanting to open PoG, but i think from what you say that this cannot be done. Thanks,

------------------