Statistics

I don't quit get how some of the statistics work.

How is vitality used exactly to determine bonus stamina points? Is it the same way with wisdom?

How is strength used exactly to determine bonus damage when attacking?

Thanks a lot!

------------------
So what if I'm paranoid.
There COULD be mind control drugs in my marshmellows.

From page 19 of the Coldstone User Manual, with further comments:

Strength: ... Any points over 15 will be added to the final damage done by the character to its opponent, though only when the character is using a weapon with a range less than or equal to 1.

If a character has strength 17, he would do 2 bonus points of damage. If using a ranged weapon, though, strength gives no damage bonus.

Vitality: ... Any points over 15 will be added to the stamina points bonus roll.

If a character has vitality 17, he will, at level up, gain 2 bonus stamina points in addition to the usual random increase. Wisdom behaves in exactly the same way, only for magic points instead of stamina points.

Friendly advice: The Coldstone User Manual actually has a fair bit of detailed information. Some of it isn't immediately easy to find, but it's there if you look hard enough. I'd highly suggest reading the entire manual start-to-finish at some point after your first tutorial runthrough but before you attempt to actually create a full game.

------------------
"A scientist can discover a new star, but he cannot make one. He would have to ask an engineer to do it for him."

this also made the FAQ I compiled

here: (url="http://"http://coldroom.150m.com/CGE_Stuff/CGE_Tips.html#Q23")http://coldroom.150m...E_Tips.html#Q23(/url)

with explainations for all stats

------------------
'mentally I'm compatible with Macintosh and I can get a girl in the sack with floss, Hop on the microphone actin lost' --- Casual

Quote:

Friendly advice: The Coldstone User Manual actually has a fair bit of detailed information. Some of it isn't immediately easy to find, but it's there if you look hard enough. I'd highly suggest reading the entire manual start-to-finish at some point after your first tutorial runthrough but before you attempt to actually create a full game.

Actually, I already read the manual (well, at least most of it. I did read about the statistics). I just didn't get what they were saying about the stats. Good advise, though. 🙂

Quote:

If a character has strength 17, he would do 2 bonus points of damage.

Is this what the manual means by the "Any points over 15..." stuff for strength? A attacking NPC's strength has 15 subtracted from it and that's it's attack bonus? That would mean you'd only have a bonus if your strenght was over 15.

And it's the same with vitality and wisdom, right? 15 is subtracted from your vitality/wisdom and added to the random number the computer picked and that's the stamina/magic point bonus, right.

Thanks guys. It looks a lot clearer now. 🙂

P.S. HOW DO YOU ACTUALLY MAKE THOSE SEPARATE QUOTE THINGS!!! :mad:
Sorry for shouting, but I've edited this thing a million times now just to get the tags right. I've aready asked this in another post, but I'm still skrewing up. :frown: What am I doing wrong?

------------------
So what if I'm paranoid.

(edited for ya 🙂 -glue)

(This message has been edited by theGlueBubble (edited 04-30-2002).)

Put brackets around them....so it would be (the_tag) here is what is tagged (/the_tag)

------------------
I won't lie to you, friend. Every man or woman who has stood their ground... everyone who has fought an OP has been /banned. But where they have failed, you will succeed. I've seen an OP /kick through a concrete firewall. Men have emptied entire scripts at them and hit nothing. But yet their power and their speed is still based on servers that have rules, so they will never be as powerful or as fast as you.

Let me just try this.

Put brackets around them....so it would be (the_tag) here is what is tagged (/the_tag)

IT WORKS!!! 😄
------------------
So what if I'm paranoid.

(This message has been edited by unknown (edited 05-01-2002).)