IQ Physics

I have recently released a short plugin called Ishiman Quest, that involves a new race with different weapons so to speak from the default kinds of weapons. I was just wondering about what other people think of it.

------------------------------
"Half a bee, philosophically, is ipso facto half-not-bee. But can a bee - be said to be 'a vis a vie' it's entity?"

New Graphics:

I like them. They don't necessarily look human, but I like them.

New Ships:

I like these, too. They're all very interesting.

New Weapons:

Something else I like. They all are new and interesting in their own way.

New Levels:

This is your only problem. The first one is ripped off of Ares, and the others don't tend to have much new about them. They're also too easy.

New Sounds:

They're good. They sound interesting, and fit in the places you put them.

Plot:

Seems like you ripped it off The Rogue, but I don't care. It would be nicer if you did something new, though.

Overall:

Pretty good. Has it's drawbacks, but all plugs do, so far.

------------------
"I can ail what cures you."

Your new race is nothing but exqusite(great). The ships are all unige and look reallly cool. I think it is a great plug but a little short.

------------------

That rocket launcher thingy on the frigates and bombers is GREAT. I love that. Finally, semi-guided rockets that fire FAST. And do a decent punch too. Like, 2-3 bombers can take down most larger ships singly. In groups they are devastating. And fun.

Frigates are nice too. Raiders to the core.
Oh, and great job on the fighters! They actually pack a punch. They fire fast enough so that they can do significant damage, and are frikkin' fast. And hard to hit. Still, they can't take much damage, but that's fighters for you! 🙂

As for the levels... not too hard... the plot coulda been better. But that's okay.

OH, and the cruiser I wasn't too crazy about, the beam wasn't turrented, and the ship had a sluggish handling. The LONG range blast-o thing was nice, but didn't quite make up for it's shortcomings. Ship of the plug: Frigate!

------------------
Ne Cede Malis Sed Contra Audientor Ito

Sounds cool. I will download it now, an, if the Homework Gods are smiling, I will play it.

------------------
"Then enemy gate is down"
-Ender, "Ender's Game"

I dont do home work i do it all at school!

------------------
Mag Steelglass i like him ok slug?

Thankyou all. Yes, the level thing was verily unworthy compared to i.e. Iron Fist, but I have never actually made a proper level before so it was very instructive for me. When I take off my rose-tinted glasses (metaphorically speaking) I see that my next plugin will have to involve tons of work. This requires, of course, time, which I have in shortage due to some pressing demands from school-associated people.

----------------------------
"Lest we forget."

When I was making Iron Fist and I started with Factory Data, the first thing I did was to delete every one of the levels in the scenarios section. ALL those levels in Iron Fist are made from scratch. (Even the secret level)

------------------
Oh, I'm not saying those Alduran ships are bad. In fact, they make excellent minesweepers. Once.

-Orion Axis General Marxx
StarLance

My method for making a plugin is to start from the blessed objects, and then copy-paste an Ishiman fighter into it. I go and replace the Ishiman fighter image with my own ship, whatever it may be, and then every other ship in the plug is a copy of that first fighter. When I made IQ, I actually started with factory data because I had planned on simply replacing all the Ish ships, and so one plays the twenty default levels. However I found myself performing minor modifications to it, which became greater until I found I had (against my will) made what seemed to be an independant plugin.

I will take this opportunity to ask you, Slug, exactly what the secret is for having asteroids and associated objects display no shield fuzziness when you hit them. Whenever I have played an independant plugin, or my own, there is always an asteroid shield. Excepting Iron Fist and the default data.

My next plugin, is not going to be Empire's Heart. It is not going to be an upgrade extending and improving Ishiman Quest either. It is not exactly certain what it is going to be, and neither am I. But rest assured that absolutely nothing from the default data will be present, ship, sound, level or otherwise. It is also going to have a more... individualistic perspective. I mean, the same way that EV has an individualistic perspective.

---------------------------
"Half a bee, philosophically, is ipso facto half-not-bee. But can a bee -
be said to be 'a vis a vie' it's entity?"