Tournament Results

Well, because Sargatanus and JimmyPage were total noshows, there wasn't much to fight for but many still attended.....

3rd Place -- (ECA) Pyro
2nd Place -- Slug
1st Place -- Mag Steelglass

It was a very tough battle, one I'll remember for a while. Mag and I managed to mutually annihilate each other but I ran out of ships before he did.

Good game, guys
-Slug

------------------
He who loves the law will either die poor or mad.
-Alduran Pirate Motto
StarLance

is there really anything else to put on this topic.....

------------------

Naturally I placed sixth (last).

When's the next one. I think it should be at least two weeks away so we can plan.

------------------

We can sum up the games we played...

The first one I played was against Tyrael/Avatara. He rushed me, which was a mistake. He lost that fight...

The second game was against Pyro. We flew our fleets together, and mine won. He ran back to his planet in a gunship, and managed to build another one before mine arrived. My fleet then killed both of his gunships.

The third was against Slug. We met in a fight for the bunker. His HVD was the first ship either of us lost, and I got a couple more of his gunships before I lost mine. He managed to get my EVATs and assault transport, and I managed to get his. My fleet ended up beating his, though. It was a very good game.

------------------
"I can ail what cures you."

Well Done Everyone!

I wasnt able to turn up sorry otherwise I would have.

Zell

------------------
-------------------------
Shoot!There goes my...
(BANG)
Oops!I didnt do it, nobody saw me do it, You can prove anythin...
(BANG)

Okay, the first game I played was against Laguna, and the lag was about 9 and there were a number of WFOP's, so that wasn't so great. I took the outpost closest to me and the bunker, and he took the outpost closest to him, but he was a bit rusty after not playing MP for I think a couple of months, so I managed to knock his fleet off without too much trouble. Then I got to play Slug, and he had the upper hand right from the start. I tried to be as annoying as I could without resorting to hyperbombing or anything, but in the end he destroyed the last of my ships and I was dead. Well, not actually me, but all the crews on my ships were. I was still alive, and tired, so I went back to bed. Then I got up again and I've been in a sort of trance for the whole day, like time's passing but I'm not really noticing it. Now, 12 and a half hours after I started playing the first game I feel slightly tired, probably due to lack of sleep on Saturday night, but hey, what do I expect when I lie in bed listening to music for hours? Now this message has gone really OT and I feel like I'm just writing for the sake of writing and I probably should stop but then I'd have to find something else to occupy myself with. I don't want to go to sleep, because when you're asleep it's like nothing happens, but the time is just gone and of course, being time, you can't get it back. I know that one day my time will run out and I will die, and sleeping just seems a totally stupid thing to do. I think this web board is good therapy because this is kind of like a diary or something, where I'm just writing everything I think and it's like no one's listening. Actually, I doubt anyone is listening, and if they're still reading after all this then they're either insane or just as bored of life as I am myself.
Sorry for spamming so much, but I needed to do it.
Sheppo

------------------
"I stand on a building and throw up my arms to the sky
I swallow my pride and admit that it's not always best to understand the reason why
It's just not the same when you wake up in the morning with a smile on your face
When you know you lied yourself to sleep to make it better"
-Mineral, "Slower"

The odd thing about our game Punkster was that after I said something like ' Come get me!', my copy of Ares quit itself and I was left in the game room, yet still with the green blob by my name. I figured I'd timed out and therefore decided to wait for your computer to catch up so we could find out what happened. However, after waiting for about 5 minutes my computer froze altogether and I went to bed.

That still doesn't alter the fact you won though 🙂

------------------
I have a plan so ingenius even an idiot could have devised it. On my command, we will line up our ships and fly straight into the enemy death-cannons clogging them with wreckage.

Stop Exploding you cowards!

(This message has been edited by Laguna (edited 09-24-2000).)

(This message has been edited by Slug (edited 09-24-2000).)

hmmmmmm..... That smiley didn't work.

------------------
I have a plan so ingenius even an idiot could have devised it. On my command, we will line up our ships and fly straight into the enemy death-cannons clogging them with wreckage.

Stop Exploding you cowards!

Better? Man, moderators shouldn't be able to edit other moderators' posts.... I can even edit Andrew Welch's posts!

------------------
Give a man a match and he'll be warm for an hour... Set him on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.
-Polaris Confederate Recruitmant Theme
StarLance

Mag just bring-it!
Tuesday 11:00 webboard time and ill show u what it means to be Human!

------------------
Mag Steelglass, an old friend who aild what cured me many times!
Enforce contest space blob!