Random maps

Coldstone won't be able to generate random maps will it? I haven't noticed this topic in other threads.

------------------

Don't quote me on this but a similar post did ask this eirlier on and I believe the answer was no, how ever if you created many maps you could possibly randomise them so it would seem to generate random maps

You can randomly choose between several maps with coldstone, but you cannot generate random maps. (Not conventionally at least)

------------------
Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool.

With sufficiently crazy event scripting, you could probably do this, but if you wanted "intelligent" random map generation (a la Nethack, Diablo, etc, where stuff is laid out in some semi-consistent manner) as opposed to just randomly plunking stuff all over the place, it'd likely be far more effort than it would be worth.

(You know, that could really serve as a generic answer to a lot of Coldstone questions: "Yes, with some clever event scripting, but it might be more trouble than it's worth.") 🙂

------------------
"A scientist can discover a new star, but he cannot make one. He would have to ask an engineer to do it for him."

Originally posted by Glenn:
**(You know, that could really serve as a generic answer to a lot of Coldstone questions: "Yes, with some clever event scripting, but it might be more trouble than it's worth."):)

It has. Been there, done that. Or haven't you been keeping up? 😉

Saphfire

------------------