Character Creation Info!

In case you don't check the PoG board, andrew has posted info on the Trinity plugin for PoG. It seems that as designers we will be able to create character classes that have different starting equipment, stats, and even different graphics! Rejoice!

------------------
We tell stories of heroes to remind ourselves that we too can be great.
Help Wanted! If you can do computer graphics and are interested in working on a fantasy /alternate reality Coldstone game, email me!
This space for rent.

as plugins , no less.

------------------
People who claim the sky is falling obviously aren't aware the earth is falling, too.
--
"Those who would give up essential liberty, to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety" --Benjamin Franklin.

Originally posted by sanehatter:
**as plugins , no less.

I would assume that if you can incorporate something into a plugin, than you can include it in your basic engine. After all, don't plugin's just extend the already existing engine? Just build the extensions in originally!

Of course, you'd know more about this than me... 🙂

Oh, and Celchu, that might be very useful in creating the alternate quests and storylines I mentioned in one of my recent emails.... 🙂

-Andiyar

------------------
"Any good that I may do here, let me do now, for I may not pass this way again"

Originally posted by Tarnćlion Andiyarus:
**Oh, and Celchu, that might be very useful in creating the alternate quests and storylines I mentioned in one of my recent emails....

-Andiyar

Stop reading my mind, Andiyar!

------------------
We tell stories of heroes to remind ourselves that we too can be great.
Help Wanted! If you can do computer graphics and are interested in working on a fantasy /alternate reality Coldstone game, email me!
This space for rent.

Put it this way, if you control what the player looks like, and what stats he has, and what other people call him....then it don't take a genius to work it out. 😉

------------------
Ladies and Gentlemen, as you know we have something special for you at
Birdland this evening. A recording for Blue Note Records...

"Actions have reactions, don't be quick to judge, you may not know the hardships people don't speak of,
It's best to step back, and observe with couth, for we all must meet our moment of truth." - (url="http://"http://www.OHHLA.com/anonymous/gngstarr/moment/moment.gsr.txt")Guru(/url)

Originally posted by Tarnćlion Andiyarus:
**I would assume that if you can incorporate something into a plugin, than you can include it in your basic engine. After all, don't plugin's just extend the already existing engine? Just build the extensions in originally!

Of course, you'd know more about this than me... 🙂

-Andiyar

Well, he did say "no less" implying there could be more. Besides, what would a RPG maker be worth if it couldn't modify class photos/statistics/etc.?

------------------
"I'm a controversial figure. My friends either dislike me or hate me."

The intent of my comment was meant to illustrate that the engine's architecture was flexible enough that you can take a single-classed game and turn it into a multi-classed game with an add-on.

After Coldstone is released, it will be interesting to see how long it will take someone to make the "Death Monger" cheat class. Blech.

------------------
People who claim the sky is falling obviously aren't aware the earth is falling, too.
--
"Those who would give up essential liberty, to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety" --Benjamin Franklin.

Originally posted by sanehatter:
After Coldstone is released, it will be interesting to see how long it will take someone to make the "Death Monger" cheat class. Blech.

Maybe it'll atleast be creative and interesting like the feirce diety mask in Zelda. Some sorta floating Death-Mage-Knight with a long flowing cloak of shadows with merciless spells that deal formidable dammage to all enemies on screen every time. Perhaps a secret to put in a plug-in that is very difficult to find but very useful. Although now that it is thrown out there due to mindless rambling, it is a useless idea with no plan of being made in the first place. That was a good warm up for my fingers.

------------------