Hey, List the games you wanna make!

Yeah, I have so many ideas I want to implement and making at least ONE of them into a game would probably be easier than drawing, coloring and doing all the production work I do for my online stories. I do progressive, serial comics.. which have suddenly gone from strips to full pages. 0.o

I thought there were actually a LOT of people who do real comics who also do video game design. πŸ™‚ I don't have the education to get into it for real yet... just my small realm which I put everything into.

------------------
Tiffany Ross/ Syke
http://www.cyantian.net

I just had a really cool idea involving iNES and Snapz Pro. I could use them to copy to the last pixel The Legend of Zelda, then make up my own weapons, areas, dungeons and things, all in the old school NES style. The graphics would be easy too. Don't know if it would be legal tho

------------------
Why do some people
insist on being
######s?

Originally posted by Voltanix:
**Don't know if it would be legal tho

NO! You can't copy Zelda's graphics. You will get sued big time.
Unless Nintendo would let you, but there is almost no way that could happen. Besides, graphics would not be as easy as you'd think. Getting the right spacing for your tiles would be kind of a pain. Besides anyone who has played the game you were cloning would rather play something else.
Sorry, I got a carried away. πŸ˜‰ No hard feelings. πŸ™‚

I see this is your first post. I hope I didn't scare you off. Oh well, welcome to the boards. πŸ™‚

------------------
I'm just your average run-of-the-mill demon possessed, bloodsucking, headhunting, cold-blooded, hot-headed, pyromaniac.
My name is Legion, for we are many.

(This message has been edited by spitfire (edited 10-01-2001).)

None taken. I'm not really new here but thanks anyway, I just had a long vacation from the boards is all. Long enough for my account to be deleted.

------------------
Why do some people
insist on being
######s?

I mean, if you're going to steal and modify graphics, at least steal from a game that hasn't, and won't, be released in the US, like Tales of Phantasia. It's still illegal, but there's a lesser likelihood that you'd get caught. πŸ˜›

------------------

Originally posted by Shari:
**I mean, if you're going to steal and modify graphics, at least steal from a game that hasn't, and won't, be released in the US, like Tales of Phantasia. It's still illegal, but there's a lesser likelihood that you'd get caught.:p

Will you still get sued if your game is absolutely free? If you're only giving it away for the enjoyment of others, why would it be such a big deal? Either way, you can find sprite sheets of Zelda graphics in many places in case you didn't know. Just do a search at google or something.

------------------

I'm sorry if my last post sounded over-zealous.(Is that the word I'm looking for?)

Originally posted by Kireck L:
Will you still get sued if your game is absolutely free?

I'm not sure, I'd say it probably depends on the company your stealing from. πŸ˜‰
It couldn't hurt to ask permission anyway. Now, as to nintendo, you might have a little trouble contacting them. But if you're really annoying, you'll get to ask them eventually. They would be much happier if you didn't sell their graphics. Heck, who cares if you put screenshots on a site? Anyway, you might have to give Nintendo, or whoever did the graphics, credit for their work.

**Either way, you can find sprite sheets of Zelda graphics in many places in case you didn't know.

You're probably right, but I betcha' that many of these aren't genuine Zelda graphics. It would not surprise me if many of these are some artist's rendition of the Zelda graphics.

Just my opinions, I'll have to rely on your integrity to do the right thing.

BTW: Is it just me, or has there been a recent escalation of off-topic posts? I'm probably one of the people to blame for that.

(edited for punctuation errors and misc.)
------------------
I'm just your average run-of-the-mill demon possessed, bloodsucking, headhunting, cold-blooded, hot-headed, pyromaniac.
My name is Legion, for we are many.

(This message has been edited by spitfire (edited 10-04-2001).)

I'd like to create a PULP setting game set somewhere between 1890 and 1920 in Europe. With weird steam wepons and vehicules. Characters will be peeps like detectives, psychics, old school english gentlemen, french adventurers, Zeppelin pilots, Railroad Tycoon, etc... Could have a "new" feel to it. The pulp setting have'nt been exploited enough in RPGs.

Dapper, with confuded ideas.

Originally posted by dapper:
I'd like to create a PULP setting game set somewhere between 1890 and 1920 in Europe. With weird steam wepons and vehicules. Characters will be peeps like detectives, psychics, old school english gentlemen, french adventurers, Zeppelin pilots, Railroad Tycoon, etc... Could have a "new" feel to it. The pulp setting have'nt been exploited enough in RPGs.

I like that idea! I'm probably going to just stick to some kind of medieval, insanely complicated storyline (with a reduced amount of fighting than usual from most RPGs of this type) thing, with more puzzles than getting straight to the hacking away of monsters (which can also be fun). I figure if I made some kind of HUGE world, wherein you actually don't have to reveal some big parts of the map, I would be able to develop on that easier. I actually have some of the more important segments of the plot down on paper, along with a crude map. Since I'm planning to make just one enormous game, it'll probably be all I'm going to make. If I did make another game after this one, it would just be a sequel... I only say that because I think the first one is going to take me a while.
I would keep it realistic at the start, as it would slowly become more and more intricately webbed together through tons of sub-quests (where the final rewards are unknown) and one main goal that you will have no idea how to achieve! Ha!

...Well if you don't like my idea or think I need to develop on it more, I don't blame you. My game will be for thinkers, but based somewhat on fact and reality (No time travel, dragons or magic.)

...Well maybe a little bit of magic... πŸ™‚

------------------
Don't read this.

I was planning to do a game kind of mid 1980's in Russia.
You are a Russian agent and you are going to stop, kind of, nuke disaster or something by sabotaging a couple of bases or something.
An RPG from Russian point of view, i mean. πŸ˜„

------------------
(b)Hampus(b)

I'm not really much of a progammer, something simple-yet-addictive like an overhead space fighter type action game, you lknow, kinda like mars rising, but just in the type of game.
It shouldn't be TOO hard, and most of thos egames are relatively fun, maybe I could get some help on though, like I said, I know jack about programming.

------------------
If it moves, shoot it. If it doesn't move, shoot it some more.

Originally posted by Danielnma:
**I'm not really much of a progammer, something simple-yet-addictive like an overhead space fighter type action game, you lknow, kinda like mars rising, but just in the type of game.
It shouldn't be TOO hard, and most of thos egames are relatively fun, maybe I could get some help on though, like I said, I know jack about programming.

Although this isn't immeadiatly obvious as a the type of game Coldstone could do, an arcade Xenon style game would be VERY easy to do. For example: Coldstone maps work on a tile system right? And you can specify which tiles the player can move into...it's just a case of making a map that scrolls upwards, and instead of having a player turning left or right, have it banking left or right. Easy peasy.

------------------
Ladies and Gentlemen, as you know we have something special for you at
Birdland this evening. A recording for Blue Note Records...

Let's take it back to the concrete streets, original beats and real live MC's...
"I don't know how radical you are or how radical I am. I am certainly not radical enough; that is, one must always try to be as radical as reality itself" - Lenin

Final Fantasy would be my main inspiration, but I wouldn't want to rip off anything... Just strive for that quality (Hahahaha!)... I think it'd be cool to do a western RPG with horses and shoot outs and ghost towns and Indian lore and stuff... I'd have to make all the graphics myself, though and I really don't have time to do something like this... Just what I'd LIKE to do. Or see someone do. A few other things I think get over looked in RPgs are Cyber-punk genre'd games (like Blade Runner, for reference), and Victorian-style horror story stuff (Edgar Allen Poe for reference). And combinations of stuff, too... Like you could do a Cyber-punk/Private Eye game, or a Western horror story kind of thing... Just ideas. I'd love to see someone else make them reality... I'm such a perfectionist UId work on it untill it was perfect and with my schedule the software wouldn't run on current OSes when I was done.

->Day<-
Heading to bed.
"Zzzzzz."

------------------

Originally posted by Day:
**I think it'd be cool to do a western RPG with horses and shoot outs and ghost towns and Indian lore and stuff...
A few other things I think get over looked in RPgs are Cyber-punk genre'd games (like Blade Runner, for reference), and Victorian-style horror story stuff (Edgar Allen Poe for reference).

I was thinking the same thing. Perhaps also a 20's-30's Detective or Gangster type thing, ala Deja-Vu (different interface and plot, of course). The Cyber-Punk stirs my imagination, too. One of my guilty pleasure movies is the one with Sean Connery as a cop/sherriff on some space station/moon-base (i dunno; 'ts been awhile), whatever the crap it was called. My main concern is what will Ambrosia charge for this? Anybody got a guess? I'd love to get this software and have some fun with it, and Ambrosia has been pretty good about not overpricing their products, but I won't get it if I have to trade my firstborn for it.

------------------

My game is going to start in a typical fantasy setting, but then move into the cyber punk stuff near the end of the game.. It will be interesting to see how it works. And no, I'm not including time travel to make it possible shudder
(oh, DarkArts, if you want your signature to be in bold do it like you did except on the second b put a little / right before it, forgive me if you've already been told this)

------------------
"Naught's had, all's spent,
Where our desire is got without content.
'Tis safer to be that which we destroy
Than by destruction dwell in doubtful joy." -Lady Macbeth

Maximus Peacock and the Search for the Infinite P.

Starring Charlie the Superfast Terrapin, the Funky Boogieman, the Evil Enemy, and many more. Originally was going to be written in Qbasic (still might) but I'll try it in Coldstone when I get it.

Amorya

there are some games I don't like. I like games that
involve little children in car crashes and cat being
disected into little bit and little boy and girls
eating them because they taste so delicious.

------------------
--------------------------
mommy they're trying to turn me in to a Maori

Originally posted by st0nez:
**there are some games I don't like. I like games that
involve little children in car crashes and cat being
disected into little bit and little boy and girls
eating them because they taste so delicious.

Argh. Can someone give me a good reason not to karma slap him, thereby banning him?

------------------
Fortress of Die Nacht: An upcoming game from Aviary Productions.
(url="http://"http://www.aviaryproductions.f2s.com/downloads.html")Go take a look!(/url) | (url="http://"http://www.aviaryproductions.f2s.com/fortress/progresslog.html")FoDN Progress Log(/url)

Originally posted by theGlueBubble:
**Argh. Can someone give me a good reason not to karma slap him, thereby banning him?

As a matter of fact, considering his previous posts today, I'd say go for it. But then, you saw it as well, yes? Up to you Gluey, but I don't think it would be a big loss.

-Andiyar

------------------
"Any good that I may do here, let me do now, for I may not pass this way again"

Originally posted by Tarnćlion Andiyarus:
**As a matter of fact, considering his previous posts today, I'd say go for it. But then, you saw it as well, yes? Up to you Gluey, but I don't think it would be a big loss.

BANG

theGlueBubble has completed his first karma ban. πŸ˜›

------------------
Fortress of Die Nacht: An upcoming game from Aviary Productions.
(url="http://"http://www.aviaryproductions.f2s.com/downloads.html")Go take a look!(/url) | (url="http://"http://www.aviaryproductions.f2s.com/fortress/progresslog.html")FoDN Progress Log(/url)