Cheats

Ya...Sure you did... uh huh.... 🙂

------------------
I do not suffer from insanity
I enjoy every minute of it

-Cantharan Commodore za'Grom
After the capture of Earth

No, really slug... I just think its amusing to beat the gateship without using the asteroids...:rollseyes:

------------------
"D*** The torpedoes... FULL SPEED AHEAD!'
Admiral David Glasgow Farragut, Battle of Moblie Bay.

Sure it is... :rolleyes:

------------------
"I can ail what cures you."

You guys just like to pick on new people don't you?

------------------

Not really. We just like to pick on people that cheat. 'Cause most of us find almost all of Ares' levels incredibly easy, and we don't think cheats are really necessary. And I've known some people that just cheat their way through games (heck, I used to be one), and I don't like it. It takes all the fun out of the game for them. And when your first post is a request for how to cheat, that doesn't exactly make you look so good... 😉

------------------

(This message has been edited by Mag Steelglass (edited 09-02-2000).)

Hey, I just wanted cheats to add a little "Flavor" to the game.
I really thought the thousan aussalt transport and engineering pod gags were great, but I personally like using only fighter. Although building Carriers is also amusing... 😉

Well, if you guys don't want to believe me, so be it. :rolleyes:

------------------

==1969 will do the opposite of 1999

You don't have to use cheats to kill the gateship w/o bombing it with asteroids- just steer one near it and watch the beauty of the "hated" flag. You'll be left free to pummel the gateship.

By the way, does anyone else know that the smaller asteroids are still hated? If so, does anyone want to fix it? In multiplay, you could theoretically split the asteroid into 3 parts and steer them into the enemy base. They'd be attacked by anything, so they'd be good for solo assault.

------------------
-Pallas Athene, {M}ilitia pilot and Dysian Beta representative to the Obish Consensus
ODV: Obish Dimplomatic Vessel. Obish corvettes are made on Dysian Beta.

Thw only way to steer them would be to constantly bump ito them. Which brings up a point: You collide with a huge asteroid, shouldn't you take at least some more damage than you currently do?

------------------

No. If you can fly a fighter at a carrier and have a full speed head on collision and take no damage at all, your shields are pretty good at deflecting large objects...

------------------

No, I mean the asteroids will damage your shields.

------------------

Ya. But it does the about the right amount of if a carrier doesn't do any damage at all...

------------------

Is there a code that turns off all the cheats?

------------------

Originally posted by crk111:
**Is there a code that turns off all the cheats?

for == cheats like ==drake just type it again

There's an older topic about cheats in this forum. Chose "show all topics" and browse the last two pages until you find it. It might have something new.

And no, I WILL not bring it back.