Cheats

When I search for Ares cheats on the net I find some, but when I try them, they don't work. Assitence please...

------------------

"Damn the torpedoes... FULL SPEED AHEAD!" Admiral David Glasgow Farragut, Battle of Moblie Bay

(This message has been edited by crk111 (edited 08-31-2000).)

You have to hold down control+command+power while typing in the cheats.

what do you mean power?

------------------

The button on the keyboard that turns the computer on. It should be right above the number pad, in the upper right corner.

(This message has been edited by Sargatanus (edited 08-29-2000).)

Unless you're using an older keyboard (the kind that has the arrow keys lined up in a row). If that's the case, power is at the top of the keyboard, near the left-most side.

------------------
"I can ail what cures you."

lol πŸ™‚

When you do that, it gives you a menu of cheats to select. You can edit the menu using ResEditΒ™

------------------
I do not suffer from insanity
I enjoy every minute of it

-Cantharan Commodore za'Grom
After the capture of Earth

I thought cheets whould cause banning of talking about them ?

------------------
ITS HERE ARES WEBBOARD ONE HOTLINE(for more detales go to the topic called its here and read it)!
(if this Sarilian Carriers a-rocken dont come a-knoking)
(1-2-3-the devels after me-4-5-6-hes always throwing sticks-7-8-9-he misses every time)
(Devels Shack)
E |/| I || E |/

Guys, be nice.
Don't listen to them, that will crash the computer. Ares 1.1.1 uses a console system like quake and unreal. The console was used for development, and can access the cheats. In order to get the console, open up you Ares app (make sure it's 1.1.1) with resedit, then open the CODE rescourse, and delete the resc with ID of 211, or the one closest to the bottom of the list, on my computer it shows as 211, but it varies depending on your reg info. Make sure you have resedit set to sort by ID, or else you could be making a big mistake :). Once you've deleted that code rescource, save, quit, and re-open the ares app. Now you can use the tilde (~) key to enter the codes :).

------------------
Yes, I am an agent of Satan, but my duties are largely ceremonial.

Era, an huge plugin for EV: (url="http://"http://www.geocities.com/rhysmctharin/erahome.html")www.geocities.com/rhysmctharin/erahome.html(/url)

Well, now that you guys have your little pranks out of the way (didn't fall for any of them, just thought power was a key in the game), does anybody have a truthful way of getting the cheats to work?

------------------

While you're playing, just hit return then type == and the cheat for example ==drake

(This message has been edited by Patrick (edited 08-30-2000).)

This post has been edited by Patrick : 25 September 2007 - 02:45 PM

Aw. No fun. Anyway, he said it. Return, cheat, return. Down at the bottom it will say that your side did something. Like "Human/Ishiman Cooperative drinks some tainted coffee."

I must also give you my usual disclaimer. Use cheats wisely. If you just do it because you're too lazy to beat the game normally, it's bad. If you use cheats for fun (like my "Million Transport Assault"), its okay.

------------------

I used that to overwhelm my opponent with engineering pods πŸ˜„
Of course, they all got massacred when they ran outta energy πŸ˜„

------------------

Okay, okay, enough fun. The cheats previously desribed (==<cheat> ) won't work in the newer version. But what will work is this:

Pick yourself up a copy of MacsBug. (Can be downloaded (url="http://"http://developer.apple.com/tools/debuggers/MacsBug/")here(/url). Drop it in your system folder and restart. Start up Ares again. Once you want to cheat, hold down command+power (but not control!). This will drop you into MacsBug. Once there, you will see a bunch of scary binary hexadecimal number strings. Don't panic! This is what MacsBug is. Once there, simply type rb and press return. This should initiate a marco to enable cheats.

And there you go!

NOTE: If you stary in any way from these instructions, you can seriously mess up your computer. I cannot be held responsible in any way, shape, or form for damage caused to your software and/or hardware that this may cause. And BTW, cheats only work on REGISTERED COPIES!!!

------------------
Throughout their history these "unenlightened" beings have continually opposed and fought abuses of power wrought by their own bretheren. We, as the prophets would do well to learn from these Humans.
-Final statement of the Salrilian reformist Sirthis shortly before his execution.

Oooh. Macsbug. I haven't used that utility for soooo long.

------------------

Okay, I have a registered copy of Ares 1.1.1, and I've tried everything you've said, except for the command, control, reset, and they still don't work. Maybe I have some invalide cheats. Could you guy post some that you have, including everything you type(as in return and stuff too). Thanks!

------------------

hit return then type == then one of these cheats
drake
fsst
lotto
then hit return again.

This post has been edited by Patrick : 25 September 2007 - 02:45 PM

Thanks Patrick. Anybody have anynore? Or, could somebosy tell me what they are supposed to do? πŸ˜„

------------------

There are two that don't do anything in singleplayer. They are:

==gronk
==gort

When you do gronk, it says your side disables all cheating. Nobody knows what it says your side did when you type in gort. I suspect (and this is only a theory. I cannot test it without multiplayer games, and ares won't work on our lan or on gameranger anymore) that ==gort enables cheating in multiplayer, when put on by both sides. When == gronk is typed, the rest of the cheats stop working, unless both people type ==gort again. That is what I suspect.

------------------

Thanks guys... I just played with the cheats. I had already beat the game, so I'm not using them for that, but just to have lots of fun. Just wondering, are there any more?

------------------