If PoG is ready...

Well, it's just been announced that PoG FC1 is ready, meaning that could be the copy of the game we eventually receive. So, what does this mean for Coldstone? Well, I would assume that it is complete in every way except perhaps interface polishing. After all, they wouldn't want to distribute something made with a buggy editor, would they? If this is the case, I think we can also look forward to Coldstone going FC very soon. I, for one, am very excited. 🙂

------------------
We shall accept payment in a large briefcase. American dollar good for this purpose. LARGE briefcase, remember. -- forge

Not to be pessimistic, but I think you're jumping to conclusions here. You say "They wouldn't want to distribute something made with a buggy editor, would they?" - ever played Ferazel's Wand, or Harry? Ever tried to use the editors for each of those? 🙂 There's a big difference between having a functional engine and having an editor for that engine which is fast, stable, and user-friendly. Given that Coldstone is "the real deal" - that is, it's a separately marketed app, and not merely an add-on for PoG - such polishing is even more important. I'm guessing (note from the progress logs that there hasn't been a Coldstone beta release since April) that it will be a little while longer yet before Coldstone is "ready for the masses", but that's OK - you'll probably be having too much fun playing PoG to care. 🙂

------------------
(url="http://"http://www.cjr.org/owners/aoltimewarner.asp")AOLTimeWarnerICQSportsIllustratedCNNAtlantaBravesHawksandThrashersDCComicsNetscapeHBO owns you.(/url)

(quote)Originally posted by Glenn:
**ever played Ferazel's Wand, or Harry? Ever tried to use the editors for each of those?:) Since the apps (PoG and CS) were developed concurrently with CS having a big head start, (obviously -- one was made with the other) I think it's safe to say that for the most part, CS is complete. Perhaps not totally user-friendly yet, but I'm sure it's coming along quickly. 🙂

------------------
We shall accept payment in a large briefcase. American dollar good for this purpose. LARGE briefcase, remember. -- forge

Originally posted by Gravitation:
**As I recall, the editor for Ferazel's wand was both fast and stable (at least on my machine), albeit not user-friendly in the slightest. I haven't used Harry's, so I can't comment there. I know the polishing aspect is very important, I was simply commenting that we were at the polishing stage.:) Since the apps (PoG and CS) were developed concurrently with CS having a big head start, (obviously -- one was made with the other) I think it's safe to say that for the most part, CS is complete. Perhaps not totally user-friendly yet, but I'm sure it's coming along quickly. 🙂

let me get this before chill does
:::takes a sharp, silver pin and pops Gravitation's bubble of happiness:::

I seem to recall that PoG was a higher priority than coldstone or something to that degree. I was laughing while reading your posts, you sound so happy and sure of yourself, although I'm pretty certain that you're sounding more confident than you really feel(as if you just want to believe!).. I doubt we'll get coldstone before December.

------------------
Evil

Originally posted by Lorenoth:
**let me get this before chill does

I seem to recall that PoG was a higher priority than coldstone or something to that degree. I was laughing while reading your posts, you sound so happy and sure of yourself, although I'm pretty certain that you're sounding more confident than you really feel(as if you just want to believe!).. I doubt we'll get coldstone before December.

<sigh> Wake me when it's over.

Saphfire

------------------

Originally posted by Lorenoth:
**let me get this before chill does

::materializes...sleepy eyed, and hastily garbed, the Chi;; materializes holding the gilded club, seeing that he is too late , stumbles back into the shadows swearing uner his breath, dissapates::

------------------
"I'm not imagining things, you bastards deleted my reply, may carpal tunnel befall you all"
~TheChill

(quote)Originally posted by Gravitation:
**After all, they wouldn't want to distribute something made with a buggy editor, would they? If this is the case, I think we can also look forward to Coldstone going FC very soon. I, for one, am very excited.:D.

------------------
Dee Brown
Beenox inc. - (url="http://"http://www.beenox.com")www.beenox.com(/url)
Coldstone Game Engine / Pillars of Garendall developers

(quote)Originally posted by Dee:
**You have good reasons to be:D! ::Happy Dance::

What's this? If we Dee says we have reason to be excited, than I will curb my feeble attempts to subdue my excitement for the impending release.

Okay, I have to go dance a happy little jig. When I'm worn out or break an ankle, I'll be back.

sanko

(This message has been edited by sanko (edited 07-31-2001).)

Originally posted by sanko:
**What's this? If we Dee says we have reason to be excited, than I will curb my feeble attempts to subdue my excitement for the impending release.

Okay, I have to go dance a happy little jig. When I'm worn out or break an ankle, I'll be back.

sanko

(This message has been edited by sanko (edited 07-31-2001).)**

You both are making me nauseous.

Saphfire

------------------

Originally posted by saphfire:
**You both are making me nauseous.

Grrr... Stop pissing on our party, would you? 😉 ::Offers saph a mug::

------------------

Sorry to make you so nauseous Saphire, but hey what's the worst that could happen? I'm still dancing my happy jig in December when CS is finally released, and I look like a dumbass?

I'm getting pretty used to looking like a dumbass, and if I am still dancing at least I'll be a dumbass in excellent physical shape! 😄

------------------