game names

just starting a new topic; people would post their names for their games and the themes here? my games called demonlit and it'll have plane shifting thing (thznx for the idea mouse) like in oracle of ages (zelda)
boBobbley Hat

------------------
The Dursleys had not changed much in the ten years that had passed, the only thing that was different was the pictures on the wall. Before, they looked like a pink beach ball wearing different colored bobble hats.
1984 won't be like 1984

well, I'm planning a series of short (5-8 hour) games that develop a few families of characters through various steps in their history. I don't have names for each installment yet (and I probably won't until they're all done), but I'm tentatively refering to the series title as The Life and Times of Sam , after a comic that I once tried to make involving the same story (as it turns out, I can't draw! ). I think the seires will be flip-flopping back and forth between the beginning and the end of Sam's life, though only a few of the episodes will focus on his character specifically. Rather the idea of the series is to see the impact that one "person" can have on the world.

------------------
Do not follow me for I may not lead. Do not lead for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me, either. Just leave me the hell alone.
-Jedi

Originally posted by jmitchell:
**I can't draw! ).

sure you can. You just have to practice.

------------------
" Evil cannot die.."

Originally posted by bobblehat:
**just starting a new topic; people would post their names for their games and the themes here? my games called demonlit and it'll have plane shifting thing (thznx for the idea mouse) like in oracle of ages (zelda)
boBobbley Hat

D@mn thief. People have been stealing my ideas since I started having them. And they still haven't beaten my imagination out of my hardly at all.
I implore(sp? right word?) you to do something different from plane shifting, maybe something more like teleporting to another similar country or planet. At least storyline-wise. Please? Do I have to beg?

------------------
Go to (url="http://"http://www.magewar.com")Archmage(/url), a completely internet based strategy game. There you can play with or agenst literally thousands of other players.
Go to the (url="http://"http://yoshi.zzux.com/phpbb")unoffical EV webboards(/url).
-8, -7, -6...am I becomeing a good guy? (parody of chill_rx's old sig)

response #1: ok -- let me rephrase. I can draw. but there's a big difference between being able to draw and having the talent, skill, and dedication to draw a publishable comic.

response #2: if just having plane shifting, or teleportation, or whatever you'd like to call it is such a huge focal point of your game that any game sharing that same concept could be considered a duplication, then you've got some work to do my friend. teleportation, time travel, giant robots -- any simple convention like that should just be a way to express your ideas (I seriously doubt that "plane shifting" is the extent of your imagination). you can be completely origional while still borrowing ideas and plot devices from other sources. It's how you use those ideas that counts.

(edited for grammar erros)

------------------
Do not follow me for I may not lead. Do not lead for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me, either. Just leave me the hell alone.
-Jedi

(This message has been edited by jmitchell (edited 06-24-2001).)

you can't stop people from doing plane changing just because you thought it was your idea, because it actually isn't... it's been done so many times it's ridiculous. that's like me saying that you can't have a sword in your rpg because i'm going to.

oh, and back to the topic, i've decided i'm going to take over the rpg gb and i were going to do, entitled power trip (with a few major/minor changes). basically, you've got the main character, a boy around 17-18...who has been watching over his sis most of his life...and there's two main forces, wizards and priests. the catch is, an ex-wizard goes on the priests side, and has the power to turn himself into a dragon, and capture souls. so, one lovely evening, the two sides are battling...his sister gets got in the crossfire...and the brother doesn't know what happened to her, other than she's dead. so he goes on a quest to not only find hte truth, but seek revenge... and has wild hijinx on the way 😉

------------------
Jeremy Woodruff as,
THE WHITE SHADOW

Originally posted by Mouse:

**D@mn thief. People have been stealing my ideas since I started having them. And they still haven't beaten my imagination out of my hardly at all.
I implore(sp? right word?) you to do something different from plane shifting, maybe something more like teleporting to another similar country or planet. At least storyline-wise. Please? Do I have to beg?

maybe if you didn't tell people what you were going to do
::speaks very loud and slowly::
No...one...Could...steal...your...ideas...period
:rolleyes:

And what's so interesting about my old sigs ???
::dissapates::

------------------
Master of the Pseudo Technique, prophet of FinalFantasy, selfproclaimed dictator of Chicago...
TheChill

Well, my game's name is Chaos Sign. It's set in the very far future... on a lush world where in it's long-ago history a Earth colonist ship crashed and lost contact with it's home planet. But this planet is special... in fact, it's entire position in the cosmos is special. It is the anchor point for the Kizuka Ardhi,(named so by the original inhabitants of the world, the Darloc'Rhuld, or Blue-Skinned People, who abandoned their cities because of the warnings of their prophets and seers.... the very rare contact with these peoples have shown them to be blue-skinned and rather elven-like, as well as very wise and technologically advanced)--a world of sprits, dreams and gods. Because of the nearby influence of the Ardhi, people born under a certain Sign may gain "magical" powers if a nearby spirit favors them (Usually through a traumatic event). Each Sign has it's own attributes and classes, and is much like our own zodiac, only magical.
The main character is an 19-year-old orphaned girl named Kumani who lives with her aunt and cousins, unknowing that she was born under the Chaos Sign. (which is very rare; you have two possible classes; Destiny (Ruled by Umanu, Goddess of the White Moon and Destiny) and Blight (Ruled by Aktar, God of the Blood Moon, the Dark God) Most Chaos Sign children are killed at birth, but two were saved, with intervention by the Darloc'Rhuld, one of the children a Darloc-human by the name of Zakarthis..... oh, the plot thickens....
My themes? Love, for one...(She falls in love with Zakarthis's brother, after meeting him in her dreams...) Revenge, for another...(Her village gets killed :/) Oh, and generally saving the universe.
Oh, and there is a little plane hopping, as she eventually visits the Kizuka Ardhi.

I have notebooks just full of this... this is as brief as it gets.
-Shari

------------------

A cold wind blows across the plains of Akayra and angry clouds blot out the sun. Through the darkening gray, Kagi scans the horizon and finds the single, resolute onyx tower beckoning him. Inside, his love is being held prisoner by the Dark One - A mage of such infinite power that the storms of Heaven bend to his will. Armed with only the Blade of Light and his love for Caye, he charges the ramparts.

As the thundering hooves echo in his ears and the flashes of lightening momentarily blind him, he grits his teeth for what he must do. To kill the Dark One, he will have to die himself. He resigns himself to that part of his destiny, clinging to the hope that his death will prevent more ravaging to the land. Also, that as the light fades from his eyes, he should see Caye safe again.

As a thunderous rain begins to fall, the tower loomed before him - not a single sign of life to be seen in it's few windows. Kagi knew the Dark One was there. He could feel the sickly presence in the pit of his stomach, taste the bile of evil in his throat. The sword began to shine with a Holy brilliance, also detecting the foul presence of the evil one.

About a hundred feet from the door, Kagi's warhorse collapsed, spent. Kagi was thrown for several feet, the sword of light thrown from his grasp to land point first near the tower. It's shine fought back the darkness around it as he pulled himself to his feet, tears in his eyes. He did not look back at the corpse of his longtime companion, but instead walked toward the tower, yanking the sword violently from the ground. The rain drenched him, but he didn't notice it. His goal was at hand.

The door beckoned him.

"Now, vile wizard. Now you die."

"I think not!" Came a thunderous reply, chain lightening slamming to ground all around him. "Come! Bring the blade to me! Fulfill your DESTINY!"

Jaw clenched, Kagi kicked the door open. A rough hewn stone stairwell led upwards and somehow, Kagi knew the Dark One was at the top. He began ascending the steps, knuckles white with effort, heart pounding with vengeance, eyes fixed above him.

"Yes... come. Come and give me what I deserve..."

Kagi came to a single wooden door with a demonic face carved on it. The eyes gleamed and the mouth twisted as it spoke: "Inside. Your destiny awaits!"

"Release CAYE!" He shouted, kicking the door in.

A force pulled at him, grabbing him like a million hands bent on bringing him into the room. A shrill scream, Caye - told him something was terribly wrong. The noises of the storm seemed to fill his senses, and a laughter he knew all too well. The Sword of Light was ripped from his grasp and another scream, a yell that tore at his spirit, filled his ears.

"FINALLY! I HAVE WON!"

The darkness pulled him down, pain, horror and loss overwhelming his very soul.

Thus begins, Dark Storm: Siege of the Light!

Anywho, that's what I envision. 😃 I'll have to buy an IMac first. 😃

Kagi

Originally posted by Kagi:
Thus begins, Dark Storm: Siege of the Light!

Kagi**

Dark Storm? Seige of Light?

Yeppers!
That's the first installment. I have them all outlined and ready to go. I will also be writing a fantasy oriented trilogy based on it too. Who knows? I could make it big! If not, at least I'll get a new iMac out of this.

Cheers!
Kagi

:)good ideas 🙂 oh by the way mouse, i don't think i'll have it like your game. don't worry

------------------
The Dursleys had not changed much in the ten years that had passed, the only thing that was different was the pictures on the wall. Before, they looked like a pink beach ball wearing different colored bobble hats.
1984 won't be like 1984

You wake up... there's nothing to explain the events preceeeding your awakening, no one knows you. You've never felt the cold harsh earth on your back. You know how to read, you know how to write, you know how to speak. You know what everything is, you know good and evil, you know of animals, you know of people, you know of kingdoms and territory, and you know of life. That is all, you don't know where you are, you don't know how old you are, you don't know how you got there, you don't know who you are at all. You know no friends and no family. You don't know why you are there on the ground, you feel helpless and pointless. Finally deciding that dwelling on your self-procclaimed irrelavence won't answer the questions of your being, you open your eyes.
Horror...
You awaken to nothing but horror, but you don't know fear. You've just glanced right into the face of death. Death looks angry, death IS angry. Death is FURIOUS. Death has raised one hideously gnarled, bladed hand. Death wants to kill you. You don't know who Death is, you don't why Death hates you but he does.
Death strikes... but you spring to your feet and out of the way in one graceful twist.You are surprised with your own agility but still confused. Your head is throbbing and you are dizzy beyond any full stance. You wobble unsurely on your unsteady feet... Death swings with one dull fist.
Blackness...
Dreams...
Memories???
You see clouds all around. You see... yourself. You don't know how you know, but that man is definitely you. He has wings, they all have wings. There are people everywhere, some have haloes too. The man, that is you, is speaking with a tall (ten feet?) golden man with a halo and HUGE wings of blue.
"Venthaden, I know I never volunteer to take on anything that involves hard work, but you and I both know that no human warrior or wizard is capable of truly destroying that demon. The only one capable of that task is me. All of the other Arch-Angels more powerful than me have died trying to kill Crithorse. I'm not worried about her, she can go ahead and try to become powerful. With her evils, she'll destroy herself, it'll take her a long time to rise to any true power. She could be destroyed by an army of humans."
The gold faced angel looked down, his face unchanging. "Krivloa, I don't know if it's safe to send you down there. I can't afford to lose you of all people."
So then you learn your name, Krivloa. You learn your purpose, to fight a demon. You learn who your master is. Venthaden.

"Are you listening!?"
His voice gets loud and and distorted.
"HEY!! Get up!! What's wrong with you!?"
The heaven that you were in melts. The clouds turn black and begin to rain away. Hope and comfort drains out of you. The wamrth freezes over. The rainfall becomes a storm.
(b) BOOM (b)
Once again, you awaken. Your wings are gone. The cold earth is gone. The dream is over. Your memory is left fragmented. Your life... seemingly created in a shattered state. You're alone in a room.
Alone in a world.
You have a mission, which is your life.

What to do with it, is completely up to you.

just starting a new topic;

Obviously.

people would post their names for their games

6 Kingdoms.

and the themes here?

Medieval/Fantasy

------------------
"Toga! Toga! Toga!"

I will only hint at my game and where it will be set.

However I can say that parts of the game will be on land, parts on sea, parts in the air, and a great many parts in space.

Also, the design will make it so you have to complete four campaigns for the various major powers (working your way up from being a lowly grunt (or similar rank) to being anything from a Fleet Admiral to an enlisted special forces member.

After completing the four major plotlines the game develops into a much more open RPG which doesn't direct you what to do.

(It's last stage will be similar to EV in a few minor ways.)

------------------
Creativity emerges from one's inner self.
Therefore one cannot have creativity without first having a soul.

That sounds interresting. It's hard to be original sometimes, it makes you hope that no one else has done what you have already. I'm hoping to make a game where it has a really focused plot, but you can decide what path to take so that you aren't tied to that one plot. I just don't like games where you wander around aimlessly and doing millions of side quests and never quite get to the end.

I haven't decided for certain whether I'm ambitious enough to make a full-fledged game with Coldstone, but I've been considering it. 🙂
Working title: Dies Irae
Theme: fairly standard save-the-world fantasy, but with a few twists. I'm more concerned about the strength of the story details and the interaction between characters than I am about whether I have an altogether new concept/theme - though I salute those of you who have developed such.
Chance of actually being developed... maybe 50% at this time. 🙂

------------------
Peace cannot be achieved through violence, it can only be attained through understanding. - Albert Einstein
The loss of enemies does not compensate for the loss of friends. - Abraham Lincoln
The human race has one really effective weapon, and that is laughter. - Mark Twain