Will there be parties?

Just kidding!
actually I have a question...

Will we be able to attach experience points to monsters/enemies so that when we kill them the character that killed them recieves them? This may seem like a common sense question, but I think many of our games depend on this. Also, can we award experience points to characters after they do other things than kill monsters(such as rescue the mayor's son from the burning building)..?

------------------
seod livE sa si livE

Naughty child...

Originally posted by Lorenoth:
**Will we be able to attach experience points to monsters/enemies so that when we kill them the character that killed them recieves them? This may seem like a common sense question, but I think many of our games depend on this. Also, can we award experience points to characters after they do other things than kill monsters(such as rescue the mayor's son from the burning building)..?

1. How else would you normally award experience points? 😕
  2. You can manipulate essentially all of the player's statistics through events. Hadn't we made that clear? 😉

------------------
The secret of success is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake those, you've got it made. - Groucho Marx
Peace cannot be achieved through violence, it can only be attained through understanding. - Albert Einstein
Hardy har har! Little do they know: They are ALL going to hell!! Hardy har har! - God, attributed

Originally posted by Glenn:
**Naughty child...

1. How else would you normally award experience points? 😕
  2. You can manipulate essentially all of the player's statistics through events. Hadn't we made that clear? 😉

If not before, you have now.

Saphfire

------------------

Please make sure that the subject of the topic actually matches. Do this again and your karma will drop.

------------------
Ladies and Gentlemen, as you know we have something special for you at
Birdland this evening. A recording for Blue Note Records...

Let's take it back to the concrete streets, original beats and real live MC's...
"We find it hard to strike a good balance between reality and fun. The reason being? Reality is often not fun." - _pipeline

Originally posted by the Necromicon:
**Please make sure that the subject of the topic actually matches. Do this again and your karma will drop.

Yes, I get very violent :mad: when I see another post called 'Will there be parties'.

------------------
The greatest author: Douglas Adams 1952-2001

well I just thought I'd "lighten the mood" a little- I mean even I was a bit harsh on that last "party" questioner.
lowered karma for that?
I mean at least I didn't go on a swearing spree or something(and then come back, begging).

------------------
seod livE sa si livE

Evil is as evil does...

Hmm...I wonder whoever Lorenoth could be speaking of...

What's in a name? It did grab your attention. And why is Beeblebrox so angered by party questions?

One last note: Party at my house...free food, drink, dance, chillin', whatever. If you can find me that is.

Saphfire

------------------

Originally posted by saphfire:
**Evil is as evil does...

Hmm...I wonder whoever Lorenoth could be speaking of...

One last note: Party at my house...free food, drink, dance, chillin', whatever. If you can find me that is.

actually I'm the evil one, haha I get it
PARTY at my house
it wasn't a joke was it...?

------------------
seod livE sa si livE

Originally posted by saphfire:
What's in a name?

...A rose by any other name would...

:blink: Sorry. 🙂

The problem with "mislabeling" topics is that

1. They're annoying, because they give false expectations.
  2. Not everyone has time to read every topic on the board; by mislabeling it, those who might actually contribute may overlook it, while those who are interested in the title but not in the actual content have just wasted their time thanks to you.
  3. They're a way to "grab attention" without actually having useful content. If your point or question is really worthwhile (which it usually is) you shouldn't have to resort to such childishness.
  4. Did I mention that they're annoying?

------------------
The secret of success is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake those, you've got it made. - Groucho Marx
Peace cannot be achieved through violence, it can only be attained through understanding. - Albert Einstein
Hardy har har! Little do they know: They are ALL going to hell!! Hardy har har! - God, attributed