can u personalize the character colors

u know, like in baldurs gate... it'd be neat

------------------
(i) The Dursleys had not changed much in the ten years that had passed, the only thing that was different was the pictures on the wall. Before, they looked like a pink beach ball wearing different colored bobble hats. (i)

N e one? beta testers?

------------------
The Dursleys had not changed much in the ten years that had passed, the only thing that was different was the pictures on the wall. Before, they looked like a pink beach ball wearing different colored bobble hats.
1984 won't be like 1984

Hrm, go read the FAQ and the board a bit -- I don't think you are accurately understanding what Coldstone is. Coldstone is a game-maker -- so yes, you can create whatever color NPC's you would like.

------------------
Will I be the willow or the rod? You decide.

not that way! :mad: i meant if u could create that type of color thing for your game...

------------------
The Dursleys had not changed much in the ten years that had passed, the only thing that was different was the pictures on the wall. Before, they looked like a pink beach ball wearing different colored bobble hats.
1984 won't be like 1984

Probably, with a bit of creativity and use of event scripting. I haven't played Baldur's Gate, so I don't know just how much "personalization" you mean.

------------------
Back in my day, we didn't have any of this here UBB nonsense. It was DiscBoard or nothing, and we liked it!
Irony: "I don't want a flame war, you obnoxious SOB." - chill_rx
"LOOK OUT , here comes big strong GLENN" - chill_rx

the BG system goes a little somethin' like this:

you've got a dialog box in which your character is displayed wearing whatever armor/weapons he's (she's) got, along with a pallet of primary and secondary colors. depending on which color you press in the pallet, parts of your character will be given a certain hue of blue, green, purple, etc, etc. It's all very interactive and on the fly. This might be straight-forward rendering on a scale incalcuable to the human mind, but I doubt it. It's probably some sort of script that adds a "tint" to the colors represented on screen in the appropriate areas. I've seen code that does this sort of thing in less worthy apps, so I assume BG uses something similar. I'm really not sure if you could do this kind of thing in ColdStone, though I seriously doubt it (you could render all those colors individually...).

------------------
Do not follow me for I may not lead. Do not lead for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me, either. Just leave me the hell alone.
-Jedi