Spells

| Fireball - Creates the item 'fireball,' allowing it to be thrown(used) at something. When it lands/hits, it explodes, causing a large amount of damage to most enemies, as well as having a fair chance to catch on fire(damaging every second). This can be used to set things afire, such as fuses across bottomless pits(may be used in my game, a hint). See a related item in the "(url="http://"http://www.AmbrosiaSW.com/cgi-bin/ubb/postdisplay.cgi?forum=Forum48&topic;=000407")Creative Items/Weapons?(/url)" topic.

------------------
We had a mascott at DrugCo once. He was a rat named 'Little Druggy." One day he got really high and moved to Miami. He's got a coffee shop there.
What's it called?
Ratbucks.

(This message has been edited by Mouse (edited 04-05-2001).)

Meteor: Basically a modification of telekinesis. The caster grabs a meteor with magic and brings it down on the opponents head. heh... heh... BOOM! (In a yet to be used storyline for a game of mine the main character has to deal with a large group of blood mages who are going to link powers to cast a level 100+ meteor and destroy the world, or they're going to focus the solar wind on earth. billions+ tons of plasma really hurts.)

------------------

Unclouded Sight- the caster can see everything, so all illusions are dispelled immediately. this spell lasts for a long time, and casting illusionary spells are impossible while the spell endrues.

Web of Lies- a sphere of energy is shot from the caster's hands. The sphere will collide with an enemy, and proceed to jump from enemy to enemy. All enemies hit by the sphere become confused, attacking and wandering randomly.

HeavenStrike- a bolt of lightning comes down from above, dealing a massive 20-100 lightning damage.

Dream Scourge- target enemy falls asleep and is poisoned, dying slowly.

------------------
"Silence, Dog! Your only purpose is to die by my hand."

Heh... I have to love it when an essential part of a spell's description is "level 100+" or "deals 20-100 damage". Born min-maxers, the lot of you... 🙂

Which would you prefer, really:

UltraSpell: Costs 37.5 magic points to cast. Deals 8x your level + 7x the number of magic points you have remaining to all enemies within a 23-foot by 18-foot ellipse with you at one focus. Boosts your physical defense by 13 points and magic defense by 17%. Enemies with a Spirit level of 8 or higher take three-quarter damage.

...or...

UltraSpell: A mighty but draining spell. Takes a tremendous amount of energy to cast, but deals massive damage to all nearby foes. Experienced, well-rested mages will observe much better results than inexperienced or exhausted wizards. As a side effect of channelling the massive energies involved, the caster will be briefly protected both physically and mentally from attack. A mage would be wise to note, however, that those of great spiritual strength may be less susceptible to the effects of this spell.

...Think about it. 🙂

------------------
"In all matters of opinion, our adversaries are insane." - Mark Twain
"The answer is yes or no , depending on the interpretation." - Albert Einstein
"Freedom of belief is pernicious; it is nothing but the freedom to be wrong." - Robert Cardinal Bellarmine

I have a new spell, fresh of the press!
Topic 000998 - This spell hits two enemies, sending them into an endless battle over whether or not homosexuality is natural. This basically disables them, allowing you to deal as much damage as you want. This spell ends when one target dies, and if left alone, the participants will eventually starve to death. This spell is an easter-egg spell, and cannot be used by anyone other than the player, and if the player turns evil, the spell is lost.
-- Please note that this spell has been inspered by my demise as a "good guy" on these boards, and now everyone but Macintosh Man hates me.

------------------
BmGz2W. I won't tell you what it means.

Originally posted by Mouse:
-- Please note that this spell has been inspered by my demise as a "good guy" on these boards, and now everyone but Macintosh Man hates me.

Your karma as of the 7th of April is still at 0. Looks like someone's getting high off the "bad guy" rush.
Calm down and don't be proud of the fact that your spamming "..sets up a topic..." is really annoying. Just keep posting like normal and no one will care.

------------------

I stopped that spam a week and a half ago. I'm talking about them hating me because I dislike gays(if you want to talk about it, there are at least 5 topics around to post in, so don't do it here).
They're all either neutral or pro-gays.

------------------
BzGmW2. I won't tell you what it means.

**I have a new spell, fresh of the press!
Topic 000998 - This spell hits two enemies, sending them into an endless battle over whether or not homosexuality is natural. This basically disables them, allowing you to deal as much damage as you want. This spell ends when one target dies, and if left alone, the participants will eventually starve to death. This spell is an easter-egg spell, and cannot be used by anyone other than the player, and if the player turns evil, the spell is lost.

Geez, Mouse! Its healthy you can let it go. :rolleyes:

------------------
God made the idiot for practice, and then he made the school board.

Oh and let's add some more spells for flavor!

Dazzling Lights-blinking globes of light dance around the caster, "dazzling"(cross between typical paralyzation, and confusion) all opponents who wander too close.

Adana's Irresistible Pull- anyone within an exceptionally large radius around the caster is drawn closer to an area the caster selects. This can be used to pull away annoying enemy warriors, but is really intended for the spell below, Runes of the 9th.

Runes of the 9th- the caster throws small twigs or rods of metal to the ground, and imbues them with the power of the 9th(legendary wizard). Whenever any creature, enemy, or friend strays too close to the twigs or rods, they will detonate in a brilliant flash of deadly fire(24-74 fire damage). This spell works best when enemies are drawn to the Runes by Adana's Irresistible Pull.

------------------

**I stopped that spam a week and a half ago. I'm talking about them hating me because I dislike gays(if you want to talk about it, there are at least 5 topics around to post in, so don't do it here).
They're all either neutral or pro-gays.

well if you have opinions that will offend someone(if you're not sure if your opinion will, then it probably will) then you don't have to say them.
Someone's just a teense on the attention-hungry side, wouldn't ya say?

------------------

Originally posted by Lorenoth:
well if you have opinions that will offend someone(if you're not sure if your opinion will, then it probably will) then you don't have to say them.
Someone's just a teense on the attention-hungry side, wouldn't ya say?

No, I'm not on the attention-hungry side. I'm on the attention-starving side.

------------------
BzWmG2. I won't tell you what it means.

I hate to be the party pooper, but what does this have to do with anything? or more importantly, why in the world is it being discussed on a Coldstone board? sorry, I've just been out of town for a few days, so I seem to have missed something.

------------------
Do not follow me for I may not lead. Do not lead for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me, either. Just leave me the hell alone.
-Jedi

Originally posted by jmitchell:
**I hate to be the party pooper, but what does this have to do with anything? or more importantly, why in the world is it being discussed on a Coldstone board? sorry, I've just been out of town for a few days, so I seem to have missed something.

Yarr,

Jmitchell is right, this is beyond any scope of releveance to CGE, ...however
I have a new spell:
Sheer : wind based status spell (has ice,wind and paralysis fx)

------------------
-4,-3,-2,
am I becoming a good guy???

then let's get back on track.

Faerie Force-swirling orbs of light shoot forth from the caster's hands, striking an enemy. The effect is the enemy takes a small amount of fire damage, and is knocked backwards.

Ethereal Reunion-all ethereal and undead creatures are brought to the selected area, and cannot leave for several minutes. There is a 20% chance that when the spell is cast a small force of astral creatures(there are 4 planes, astral, ethereal, central, and void) will arrive, and attack you.

Glimpse of Chaos-the target enemy suffers a large amount of poison, fire, and lightning damage, and becomes confused. The caster of this spell has a 50% chance of taking a medium amount of poison damage.

Sacred-if this spell is cast only once or twice, nothing happens. But if Sacred is cast three times within 4 minutes, a large area surrounding the caster will glow with a holy light, eliminating all undead creatures, paralyzing all enemies, and for the next 3 minutes all spell casting is impossible inside the Sacred Area.

Cancel-when this spell hits an enemy that is currently casting a spell, the spell will stop, and the enemy will not be able to cast spells for several minutes.

Wall of Deflecting-this spell constantly drains MP as it is being held up. The wall surrounds the caster and all missiles and spells that were meant to hit the caster are deflected away, hitting enemies randomly.

------------------

this topic needs to brought back to life....

Skin of Silver- this spell grants the caster +30 to all resistances, as well as cutting all damage taken in half for the next several minutes.

Revelation- a truly powerful spell, Revelation takes a long time to cast. When the casting is complete, a globe of darkness will streak towards the selected area. Upon collision, darkness will fill the sky. Bolts of lightning will come down randomly, only hurting enemies. Once the lightning is finished, it will begin to rain ice. After the ice, the ground will start on fire, and finally huge explosions will rip the terrain apart.

Astral Interpose- a wall of white light will surround once creature. The creature cannot move, attack, or do any other action so long as it is trapped.

Magical Stasis- this spell has an incredibly short casting time. Once this spell is cast, all friendly units nearby will become frozen, invincible, and unable to do anything. Thus, they cannot be harmed for the duration of this spell(4 seconds). This is useful for protecting you from an approaching explosion, or other such spells.

Mist- a thin mist will appear in the selected area. Anyone that enters the mist becomes immune to missile attacks, and damaging spells that require targetting one creature instead of an area.

Blades- dozens of blades will fly from your fingertips towards an enemy. The blades are magical, and pierce right through armor, dealing lots of damage.

------------------

As in "Sam&Max; hit the road", my spell will create a wish source : you throw a coin in the source, you wish you finished the game, and you won !!!!

------------------
"- No ! Not the wooden box that eats everything ! Noooo !
- Here ! Luggage ! " - Terry Pratchet's Discworld

Sommon Kestrel: A bonus spell that summons a giant spaceship that shoots proton bolts at up to 20 enemies. After that, it launches lightnings to finish off up to 10 more enemies(both put together). This spell costs a huge amount, and takes over one minute of game time to cast. The protons botls kill in onw hit, and the lightnings use lasers that do 50-60 damage, as well as heavy rockets that kill up to three enemies, all of wich much be withing 3 feet(one inch on screen) of the impact point of the rocket. Obvoisly, this spell is based on EV.

------------------
"When a bomb starts talking about itself in the third person, I get worried." --Tom Paris
Go to the unofficial EV webboard site! Just click (url="http://"http://www.macmonthly.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi")here(/url) to go.
And check out my ongoing chronicle in that webboard, (url="http://"http://www.macmonthly.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic&f;=4&t;=000002")Devil's Crossing(/url).

Caco- this spell brings several demons into being. They will attack anyone, but can not leave a 10ft radius around the area where they were summoned.

Sayance(is that how it's spelled?)-this spell is only usable by magi of extreme evil(meaning the only party member that can cast it is Derron). It costs no mana, but takes a while to cast. When cast it activates a cut scene. The background is always black for this cutscene, and tiny, individual candle-flames appear at the caster's feet. The camera will zoom in and out for a dramatic effect as spirits whirl around the caster's body. The effect of this spell is unlimited MP.

Call Void-this spell calls the 4th plane, Void, into existence on the central plane, or wherever the caster happens to be. The selected area becomes pitch black, and pulls all enemies in a fairly large radius towards it. If enemies reach the void, they take 100-2000 fire, lightning and poison damage(3 seperate damages, all hitting for 100-2000 each). Weaker monsters, instead of taking damage, simply disappear.

Ethereal Dream- all undead and ethereal creatures immediately fall asleep, or become paralyzed, as undead find it difficult to sleep. There is a 50% chance that the "sleeping" creatures take 25-60 lightning damage.

------------------

Deamon - Transforms the castor into a powerful, blade-wielding deamon who does 10x as much damage as the weapon normally does. The effects fade after a minute, but while they are active the caster also only takes 1/3 to 1/4 of normal damage, and no fire damage. This can only be cast if the castor is wielding an edged weapon(swords, axes, etc.), and while affected by the spell, they cannot cast other spells. The only spell that can be cast is the same spell, which returns the castor to normal early for only one mana.

------------------
"When a bomb starts talking about itself in the third person, I get worried." --Tom Paris
Go to the unofficial EV webboard site! Just click (url="http://"http://www.macmonthly.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi")here(/url) to go.
And check out my ongoing chronicle in that webboard, (url="http://"http://www.macmonthly.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic&f;=4&t;=000002")Devil's Crossing(/url).

Dream Ultimatum- if cast on an awake target, this spell puts the target to sleep. If cast on a sleeping target, this spell deals 1-80 points of damage to the target, and the caster will fall asleep.

Immunity- this spell grants the target immunity to a specified type of damage(close-combat, ranged, spell, or special).

Freezing Mist- for a minute or 2, an incredibly cold cloud of fog appears in the selected area. Everyone inside takes 6 cold damage for every 3 seconds they are inside the cloud. Anyone who is not in the cloud will take no damage unless they enter it.

Summon Qezateryx- a gigantic golden bird will appear, and spit bolts of fire at all enemies nearby. The bird can move fairly fast, but attacks somewhat slowly. The bird can be killed, and will disappear automatically after 5 minutes.

Cloak :Darkness- this spell creates a field of darkness around the caster, making all ranged attacks automatically miss, and melee attacks do half damage. Spell damage is unaffected.

Cloak:Brightness- this spell summons a field of light around the caster. All undead and Ethereal creatures suffer 10-100 fire damage every time they hit the caster, even with ranged weapons.

Cloak:Twisted- this spell creates a field of palpable evil around the caster, draining life and MP from any enemy nearby.

Loathing- target creature becomes berserk, and will only attack the caster. This spell deals poison damage to the target, and the target takes 5 poison damage every 4 seconds until 100 damage has been dealt.

Swords and Shields- a aura of power radiates from the caster, negating all of the armor bonuses given to enemies inside the aura. Enemies wielding close combat weapons will only deal 0-1 damage to the caster as long as this aura is in effect.

Return Aura- this spell cancels all aura spells(ones that radiate from the caster), and deals 1-40 lightning damage to all creatures who had auras before they were removed with this spell. Some creatures have permanent auras, that are always active. These permanent auras cannot be removed via Return Aura.

Slight Block- the next attack or effect dealt to the caster has no effect(spells are affected, as well as weapons, and other types of attacks).

Unhidden- the statistics of the target creature are immediately known to the caster(including weaknesses).

Reverse Mind- the target creature runs away from you.

------------------