How big is the CS download(about)?

<A mouse enters, sets up a topic, and speaks.>
Could someone tell me about how big the entire CS download will be? They make it sound as if it were about 80 meg.
<The mouse leaves, mumbling about his bed.>

------------------
Always remeber to pillage BEFORE you burn!
Idiot - A member of a large and powerful tribe, whose influence in human affairs has always been dominant and controling.
There has been an alarming increase in the number of things you know nothing about.

Originally posted by Mouse:
Could someone tell me about how big the entire CS download will be? They make it sound as if it were about 80 meg.

I don't know myself so I doubt anyone will be able to answer you on that one. That's the kind of secret ultra confidential info that we will unveil only at the time of the release :).

------------------
Dee Brown
Coldstone Game Engine developer
Beenox inc. - (url="http://"http://www.beenox.com")www.beenox.com(/url)

If it's more that 15mg I can't get it! :frown:

------------------
The art of saying something without saying anything says that you can say anything without saying something or say something without saying anything.

If it's more than 100 megs, i'm out

------------------
Once The MadCat roamed
Now Metzen rules
One MadCat all alone

I remember hearing something about distributing it on CD, much like Ferazel's Wand.

------------------
Apple Computer - The name of microsoft's research and development division
--------------------------------
Make sure you visit the Coldstone Hotline Server run by GlueBubble. The IP is:

Originally posted by DarkBlade:
**I remember hearing something about distributing it on CD, much like Ferazel's Wand.

If thats so, then how do we demo it, and then decide if we like it? If I buy it, I would expect the complete version would be on CD, but what about a demo/unregistered shareware? Hey, maybe they'll let you download parts of it. Like the Name Gen, the Map editor, Event Editor, etc. in seperate parts.

------------------
Always remeber to pillage BEFORE you burn!
Idiot - A member of a large and powerful tribe, whose influence in human affairs has always been dominant and controling.
There has been an alarming increase in the number of things you know nothing about.

I found this under another topic on this forum:

Originally posted by MadCat:
**I think on the beenox homepage it said you'd need at least 10 megs of Harddrive space. Doesn't that seem a little small?

What do you think?

Originally posted by Anonymus Info Giver:
I found this under another topic on this forum:

Originally posted by MadCat:
**I think on the beenox homepage it said you'd need at least 10 megs of Harddrive space. Doesn't that seem a little small?

What do you think?

Oh, well the current size is...thud clunk...

------------------
"Bond, GlueBubble Bond"
::walks down the mountain::

(This message has been edited by theGlueBubble (edited 03-28-2001).)

That'll teach you to release info without permission!
----------------
Never aruge with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level, and then beat you with experience.

Originally posted by theGlueBubble:
Oh, well the current size is...thud clunk...

Originally posted by andrew:
That'll teach you to release info without permission!

Heh. Is GlueBubble spamming the board that he moderates?

------------------

Originally posted by skyblade:
**Heh. Is GlueBubble spamming the board that he moderates?

Nope. But there might be a bit of a rodent problem.

Originally posted by skyblade:
**Heh. Is GlueBubble spamming the board that he moderates?

Nope. But there might be a bit of a rodent problem.**

phony...

It's about (full sized with all the crap...uh,bells and whistles) the size of pog,
I'm almost certain there's a trim or lite version, besides I believe they ship it to you when you register(CD,docs,engine)

------------------
unseen...
unwanted...
unlawful...
undead...

Originally posted by chill_rx:

It's about (full sized with all the crap...uh,bells and whistles) the size of pog,
I'm almost certain there's a trim or lite version, besides I believe they ship it to you when you register(CD,docs,engine)

<A mouse enters.>
So how big is it without all the crap...uh, I mean bells and whistles? The lite version? Beenox says about 10 meg, but I doubt it will be less than 12 meg.
<The mouse leaves.>

------------------
Guilt, fear, and mass insanity...three cheers for forge!!!
If you don't care where you are, then you aren't lost.
A diplomat is someone who can tell you to go to hell and make you happy to be on your way.

<Rant>
Beenox's page is about as up to date as the Coldstone FAQS, if you see what I am getting at. I remember there was a FW demo, maybe there will be a Coldstone demo. Personally, I am buying it the day it is released (or soon thereafter)
</Rant>

------------------

origionally posted by chill_rx:

this one will be around 17-20mb in size with all the bells and whistles included, if they were to distriute a frill free version just the engine it would be about 8mbs in size...

{A mouse enters.}
I found this on another topic in this forum.
{The mouse leaves.}

------------------
Guilt, fear, and mass insanity...three cheers for forge!!!
Cotton Mouse to htjyang: "You strike me as the kind of guy who would hit me with your car and then sue my family for damages.
You're just jealous because the voices talk to OctoberFost.

Well I can be thankful for speed download, a 1000 ethernet card and cable, and a fast computer (Speed Download can make DL speeds on a boardband modem up to 500kbs a sec.) Thats just me. I don't care how long the download is and as long as it isn't a giga dl then I am fine. Also on a side note me and a bunch of guys from another message board are making a rpg story skript and so far its turning out really good. I'll have a good size game engine with pleanty of power to create a good rpg off of. I don't think it will be to large. Besides if it is they can divide it up into sections: Music, art, animation esc.

------------------
Hmmm. One doller for
eternal happieness?
Mmm no I think I would
be happier with the

Originally posted by DarkBlade:
**< Rant>
Beenox's page is about as up to date as the Coldstone FAQS, if you see what I am getting at. I remember there was a FW demo, maybe there will be a Coldstone demo. Personally, I am buying it the day it is released (or soon thereafter)
</Rant>

What part of the Coldstone FAQs do you consider to not be up to date, exactly?

------------------
Andrew Welch / el Presidente / Ambrosia Software, Inc.
Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level then beat you with experience.

Originally posted by Mouse:
**this one will be around 17-20mb in size with all the bells and whistles included, if they were to distriute a frill free version just the engine it would be about 8mbs in size...

Of course, this is entirely inaccurate.

------------------
Andrew Welch / el Presidente / Ambrosia Software, Inc.
Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level then beat you with experience.

**What part of the Coldstone FAQs do you consider to not be up to date, exactly?

Maybe that part where it says it hasn't entered beta yet...

------------------
"Bond, GlueBubble Bond"
::walks down the mountain::

That is pretty much it GlueBubble.

------------------