A bug

I was playing ares along for the second time and I quit to check my email and then when I returned there was no sound and the computer thinks im still on level 13! what is the deal with this :mad:

------------------
"Its a bit nutty..."

I used to have the same problem... but when I was only on level 5. I'd quit and come back the next day and the only level available to play was 13 but I couldn't play it since I never got there. I know, its frustrating. If you just tough it out it'll eventually quit (it did for me). 🆒

its worse than I thought. I cant play at all the only option available when I start a new game is cancel The other one is greyed out. this has happened to me once before but it only happened to the sound.

------------------
"Its a bit nutty..."

but im on levle 14!!

------------------
"Its a bit nutty..."

Exact same thing happened. Just letting you know you're not alone out there... Can't help you besides telling you to throw out the preferences and start over. :frown: Also, maybe e-mail it to the place where you report ares bugs (aresbugs@ something, can't think of it right now)

What version is this?

------------------
I do not suffer from insanity
I enjoy every minute of it

-Cantharan Commodore za'Grom
After the capture of Earth

well I played through ares and then when I wanted to play a plugin i upgraded to 2.0b something or other. The problem is in the prefs cause when i threw them out it worked fine save the fact that the game forgot what level I was on.

------------------
"Its a bit nutty..."

Glad it worked.

------------------

I have suffered the same problem. Even we moderators are not immune :).

------------------
Sundered Angel ,
The One and Only

Ares Webboard Moderator, and all-around Nice Guy

I've experienced something similar. But Hera came to the rescue. It only has level 17 available, or something, but all of the buttons but cancel are greyed out. So I just made a plug with Hera called Ares and started with the factory data, although I didn't change it any.

------------------
"I can ail what cures you."

Why dont' you just hack the ARpref's file and make it think you're on level x?

------------------
Yes, I am an agent of Satan, but my duties are largely ceremonial.

Era, an huge plugin for EV: (url="http://"http://www.geocities.com/rhysmctharin/erahome.html")www.geocities.com/rhysmctharin/erahome.html(/url)

Originally posted by Cotton Mouse:
**Why dont' you just hack the ARpref's file and make it think you're on level x?

You can't. Not without the right templates, and I can't seem to make the right one.

------------------

Originally posted by Capt'n Hector:
**its worse than I thought. I cant play at all the only option available when I start a new game is cancel The other one is greyed out. this has happened to me once before but it only happened to the sound.

You really should report this to Nathan Lamont, especially since more than one person has had this. As Nathan said, he'd rather have the same bug reported a million times than not at all. And its with both 1.1.1 and 1.2b5 right?

Not with 1.2.0ß5

------------------