My Plug's Been Submitted

The Rouge has been submitted. Here's the description, for those of you who are interested.

The UNS Rouge was launched one year after the Apollo 2200. Using new ftl technology, it would get to Ishima 24 years before the Apollo. Being the first interstellar military ship, the crew did not hesitate to make themselves useful to the Ishiman when they arrived...

This plug has 12 new missions, a couple new weapons, and several new ships. Also, most ships evolve over time. For instance: in the beginning, a Gaitori carrier can fry an Ishiman carrier and not take too much damage. By the end, it’s the other way around. I have also personally made sure that the missions are difficult and feel different than the ones in Ares (although most missions vary in difficulty every time you play it). A strong sense of self-preservation will get you far in this plug.

- Mag Steelglass

I highly recommend you download it. I think it's good. If I didn't I would say so. Anyway, have fun!

Oh, I almost forgot. Cotten, you may want to wait a while before you try it. You're upset right now, and this is not easy, by any means. It also has texts for when you lose that may anger you further. Just a warning.

------------------
"I can ail what cures you."

Good God! Mag, you must be insanely good at this game (or just plain insane) to design a plug like this. I'm having trouble already on just the first level!

You got that right. By level 12 I'll probably be smashing my imac against the wall, assuming I ever get that far...

------------------
I have a plan so ingenius even an idiot could have devised it. On my command, we will line up our ships and fly straight into the enemy death-cannons clogging them with wreckage.

Stop Exploding you cowards!

Heh. I got better at my plug's style of playing as I made it. I kept on having to play it to find bugs and get them out, and I got better at it.

Also, if you think the levels are hard, start the level over again. They occaisionally get a lot more difficult or much easier. It seems to be random.

I made the plug hard because I found that Ares was getting boring because it was too easy. So, I took a drastic step.

Just so ya know, level 12 is insanely hard.

------------------

Originally posted by Mag Steelglass:
Just so ya know, level 12 is insanely hard.

Something to look forward to I guess. ugh....

------------------
I have a plan so ingenius even an idiot could have devised it. On my command, we will line up our ships and fly straight into the enemy death-cannons clogging them with wreckage.

Stop Exploding you cowards!

Perhaps we should call you "Mad Man Mag" from now on. (Nah, that sounds too much like a used ship salesman...)

I made the plug difficult because it seemed like most plugs were a lot of work for a small amount of playing time. If I make the plug harder, you spend more time trying to beat it, and (I hope) have more fun with it. Think of it this way: if you keep trying my plug until you beat it, you'll be that much better at Ares.

------------------

Nice job, Mag. I can see we will be competiters in the future...

------------------
I do not suffer from insanity
I enjoy every minute of it

-Cantharan Commodore za'Grom
After the capture of Earth

Not really, seeing as I'm only planning on making 2 more plugs. (Maybe one. I'm not sure about the one I'm going to have to start working on tomorrow).

Also, if anybody finds any bugs, post them here (major and minor), 'cause I hate bugs, and I wish to rid my products (and the world) of them. (While you're at it, you might as well post any bugs you find for Aaaagh!, too.)

------------------

Was that supposed to be a joke, Mag?

------------------
Yes, I am an agent of Satan, but my duties are largely ceremonial.

"Jim? Since my last report, this employee has reached rock bottom and shows signs of starting to dig."

"Someday, we'll look back on this, laugh nervously and change the subject."

"Any connection between your reality and mine is purely coincidental."

"It might look like I'm doing nothing, but at the cellular level I'm really quite busy."

Era for EV: (url="http://"http://www.geocities.com/rhysmctharin/erahome.html")www.geocities.com/rhysmctharin/erahome.html(/url)

Not really, Cotten. It was friendly advice. You seem to be upset right now, and my plug includes losing a lot, which I don't think would help you cheer up...

------------------

error error bug found bug found

i finnaly beat the first level only to find that there is no way to go to the second.

------------------

Yeah. Hera likes to put bugs in at random times when I'm not working on it. :mad:

I noticed that one the other day and I fixed it. I've also fixed a bug that comes along later in the plug. I've just submitted version 1.0.1, which has the bug fixes. Sorry about them.

------------------

Well, you know what really sucks, I wanted Nik to come to my birthday party, but he is going to Hawaii so he won't be here :mad:!

Oh, look! 1000 posts! Where the hell has my life gone?
------------------

Era, an huge plugin for EV: (url="http://"http://www.geocities.com/rhysmctharin/erahome.html")www.geocities.com/rhysmctharin/erahome.html(/url)

(This message has been edited by Cotton Mouse (edited 08-26-2000).)

There's nothing wrong with spending a lot of time with the Ares Webboard...

------------------

I remember when I had more posts than you..... That was a long time ago....

When's your birthday?

------------------
I do not suffer from insanity
I enjoy every minute of it

-Cantharan Commodore za'Grom
After the capture of Earth

It's on the 11th (sept) but I'm having the party earlier because I dont' wanna have my party after school starts... OMFG!!! School starts inlike 8 days. Anyway, my party will be on the 30th of this month, and I'll report what I get, I have partys because the only thing I ever get from my parents are like a Journal about my changing self or some crap liek that from my dad :rolleyes: or a card with a 20 dollar gift cirtificut from for a bookstore. Something lame, but i should be gald I get anything.

------------------

Era, an huge plugin for EV: (url="http://"http://www.geocities.com/rhysmctharin/erahome.html")www.geocities.com/rhysmctharin/erahome.html(/url)

I just sent in version 1.0.2, and I think we're VERY close (if not all the way) to getting all of the bugs out. 🙂

Also, I'm wondering how far through my plug people have gotten. How far have you gotten, people?

------------------

To the last level nice plug Mag u rime with lag lag starts Laguna hes a boarder!

------------------
ITS HERE ARES WEBBOARD ONE HOTLINE(for more detales go to the topic called its here and read it)!
(if this Sarilian Carriers a-rocken dont come a-knoking)
(1-2-3-the devels after me-4-5-6-hes always throwing sticks-7-8-9-he misses every time)
(Devels Shack)
E |/| I || E |/