U of Graphics

Yes, I have a registered copy of the free Strata 3d. I don't use it all that often, because Bryce is better for most of my work. But it does work, and it is free to register. Just don't be surprised if you get occasional spam from Strata as a result.

------------------
“If a little knowledge is dangerous, where is the man who has so much as to be out of danger?” - T.H. Huxley

I downloaded Strata, and I don't think I've gotten any junk email....I also haven't looked at it too much. 😛

Oh, Supersonic....you really shouldn't post stuff like that.

------------------
"Bond, GlueBubble Bond."

(This message has been edited by theGlueBubble (edited 12-07-2000).)

Just a little post cleaning.

------------------
"Bond, GlueBubble Bond."

Hey! I take back my congratulations! 😉
------------------

(This message has been edited by Nova6 (edited 12-09-2000).)

If you want free 3D graphics of the Mac, there are two other choice. On the January 2001 issue of MacAddict is a free copy of VIDI, which I understand is freeware now. It's a bit old, and I've yet to use it enough to make anything, but it's free. The other is called Blender. It's modern and professional, but the interface is impossible to learn. Some people claim it is very good after you learn it, and I would suggest shelling out the money for the manual. One problem, though, the Mac version is'nt out yet. You can, however, get it for Linux PPC or Windows, and it will be availible for OS X.
Another interesting program is the shareware PatchDance modeler, which is good for detailed spline based modeling (staight splines work fine too.)

------------------
The vampire squid from
hell is real, and there
is more than one.
Mwahahaha... oh, sorry,